White Boxers in 2008

referendum

Mentor
The Dimitrenko Krasniqi fight is good news, as it represents a step up for Dimitrenko. Maybe it could be turned into a title eliminator fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Shawn I see you are following new fighters. That's great news. Vitali Klitschko, Pavlik, and Calzaghe are coming up soon. There are plenty of better fights for our guys on paper but this is what the media wants to see.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Check the stream now. It was actually 5pm Eastern not 4. Sorry about that.Edited by: shawn1262231

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Bittersweet win for Huck as Montrose is one of the few white French boxers out there. Jackson Chanet is another but he may be retired. Same for Bruno Girard and the Tiozzo bros (Fabrice and Christophe).

Sean

Mentor
Liverlips said:
Bittersweet win for Huck as Montrose is one of the few white French boxers out there. Jackson Chanet is another but he may be retired. Same for Bruno Girard and the Tiozzo bros (Fabrice and Christophe).

True, it was very good to see a white French fighter, and he certainly did himself proud. I believe both fighters stock rose due to this fight, though Huck's rose more of course.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow. The boxing forum has been a little dead lately. I hope the big fights coming up will wake everyone up.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hello boxing fans, I am here to stir the soup. Looking forward to Kelly laying a beat down on Bokins. I see this fight turning in the 7th or8th round. All Kelly has to do is shoot that pulverizing jab into Bokins face for the first 5 rounds, then drop the hammer right on him.Bobkins isgoing to fake all sorts of fouls. F..K him, just put this racist out of his misery.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I believe we have two fights for this weekend. I saw Virchis is fighting Juan Carlos Gomez. Also I believe Firat Arslan is fighting as well.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
On Saturday, New Zealand heavyweight Shane Cameron (21-1, 19 KO, age 30) is back in action against African-American Terry Smith (30-5, 18 KO, age 37).

And there's the great fight card in Germany on Saturday:

Vladimir Virchis vs. black Cuban Juan Carlos Gomez (WBC heavyweight eliminator) - an important "caste" fight at heavyweight
Firat Arslan vs. black Panamanian Guillermo Jones (WBA Cruiserweight title)
- Arslan is arguably white. He's a tough, skillful fighter, but he's up against a taller, hard-punching opponent in Jones
Denis Inkin vs. black Columbian Fulgencio Zuniga (interim WBO super middleweight title)
- Another very important white vs. black fight, to determine who will succeed Calzaghe as WBO champion.
Alexander Alexeev vs. Rob Calloway (possibly a WBO cruiserweight eliminator)
- Alexeev is arguably the best up-and-coming cruiserweight. The white American Calloway, who hasn't lost in 14 fights and keeps himself in great shape, will provide a difficult test.

I hope I can find a stream to watch this!
smiley4.gif

And on Tuesday Sep 30, Oleg Platov is participating in a heavyweight tournament, televised by Fox.

Edited by: JD1986

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'd really like to see what Vladimir Virchis can do. He is very talented and powerful. His only loss was to Chagaev and it was debatable.

Sean

Mentor

Sean

Mentor

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The next few months hold some good fights. Can Vitali destroy the "Great Black Hope" Peter. If he comes in at 80 percent from what he was in 2004 he will. Pavlik and Hopkins is a fight made only for commercial success. The public wants to see the racist against Pavlik. I think Kelly should dispose of him easily.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Another good white fighter to watch is Froch. He is going to fight some mallotto named Pascal.

Sean

Mentor
Sebastian Koeber and Shane Cameron both won their fights by UD!
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
So, 2-1 today in caste fights. Not bad. But this makes Vitali-Peter all the more important. If Peter gets by Vitali we will see the unlikely spectacle of two blacks fighting for a heavyweight crown.

Sean

Mentor
What happened to Virchis? I read that he had health problems (unspecified) leading up to this fight and weighed the lowest he has weighed lately. This was a bad fight or us
smiley18.gif

However, great news that Inkin won! Still Supermiddleweight remains strong.