Week 5 2009

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't believe nobody has posted about the graphics put up on the screen in the Denver/New England game that compared the height, weight, and speed of a couple of key offensive and defensive linemen Of course it was white versus black, as they were comparing the Denver D with the New England O. Both white linemen were taller and heavier than the blacks, but slower in the 40. I asked my wife why they would put the 40 times up there, unless they were trying to push the idea that blacks are faster than whites. It made no sense to compare 40 times of linemen, but such is the insane caste system.

Also, did anyone else notice the ultra friendly relations between the black players of those two opposing teams? I noticed at least three times where they were talking and laughing with each other right after a play ended, and one of them actually asked the other team's black player to pull his jersey back over his shoulder pad, and he did it. Unreal!
smiley87.gif

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I saw that yesterday regarding the linemen. It is ridiculous to make that comparison when the white players are 40 lbs heavier on average.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am a Brady Quinn fan, he was drafted the same year as Russell. So I want him to hopefully get back to being a starter. Derek Anderson going 2-17 is unacceptable. I also hate the fact there are 2 young white qbs on the same team and the lesser talented one is playing. Quinn seems to really be getting screwed in Cleveland. He has not been given a fair shot, I hope next week he starts.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Anderson was the benefactor of Clevelands horrible recieving corps, to be fair. There were 9 dropped balls from what I read.

G

At the Milwaukee paper's website some DWFs turned a thread about the signing of Mark Tausher into a flame war about who is a "racist", talk about pro sports being little more than a self abasement tool for drunks. Any way the Pack knuckled in an signed Mark which will add some depth and experience and quality play back into O-line.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow I wasn't aware of this until now but Mike Furrey is now second string!!!!! F--k the NFL! I was wondering why he had no catches yesterday. Joshua Cribbs, a player who in 4 years in the league has never caught more than 10 passes in a season is ahead of him. They also have a rookie starting at the other receiver position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jack Lambert said:
Anderson was the benefactor of Clevelands horrible recieving corps, to be fair. There were 9 dropped balls from what I read.

We read periodic moaning in the media about a supposed lack of good quarterback play, even though we're clearly in a golden age of great (white) quarterbacks, but when was the last time anyone saw or read anything about the lack of receivers who can actually catch? Isn't that the most important part of their job description? But in a league that keeps experimenting with quarterbacks who can't throw or read defenses but are "athletic," it's par for the racial spoils system course.

The refusal of so many players to attempt to tackle correctly is just as bad as receivers who can't catch and quarterbacks who can't throw, but other than an occasional noting of it by an announcer, no one dares go beyond a lament and look at the causes of why fundamentals in football have been cast(e) to the wind.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is just great. Furrey has been demoted despite putting up monster numbers a few seasons ago and a horrible receiving corps in Cleveland. Curtis may be a backup now as well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow I wasn't aware of this until now but Mike Furrey is now second string!!!!! F--k the NFL! I was wondering why he had no catches yesterday. Joshua Cribbs, a player who in 4 years in the league has never caught more than 10 passes in a season is ahead of him. They also have a rookie starting at the other receiver position.

dude, come on, out of all the stuff that's going on, that's what upsets you?! Furrey was always going to be a slot receiver for them, at best. so it's not like we couldn't see that coming?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
whiteathlete33 said:

dude, come on, out of all the stuff that's going on, that's what upsets you?! Furrey was always going to be a slot receiver for them, at best. so it's not like we couldn't see that coming?

To have Joshua Cribbs who has never caught more than 10 balls in a season start over him is what upsets me. You can't tell me he is better than Furrey. I expected him getting out of Detroit to benefit him. I guess I was wrong.

backrow

Hall of Famer
heh, since when it's about being better!

obviously Furrey IS their most reliable receiver. so what? they won't play him, and, really, when there's 2 complete passes in a game, what does it matter.

now Hillis situation is something that deeply upsets me. so is tons of other sh*t in the NFL.

wile said:
Last week ESPN broadcast a Miami high school mathchup, and it looked like most NFL games, poor play highlighted occasionally by some afflete making a play. If its not the Packers I cannot watch the NFL, its like the NBA.

I actually don't hate the NBA so much. While most games do feature nearly all to all black teams facing each other, there are a couple teams that can occasionally have three white guys playing. When watching basketball games, oftentimes I will count the total number of white players on the court. In the last game of the NBA finals last year, for much of the 2nd half there were 6 of 10, and at one point it was 7 of 10. What's funny is that earlier that day I drove by a basketball court and saw all black guys playing. Impressionable people would see that and think "wow, blacks dominate basketball," when they could literally go home and turn on the TV and see mostly white guys on the court playing for the NBA championship.

Anyway, back to the topic I wanted to comment on the speed thing. Jimmy, I think speed is more than icing on cake, but it has to be in combination with other skills. Hands are more important than speed, but by the same token a player with a hamstring injury but with great hands would not be effective since he couldn't run effectively to get open. So I'll just say it's one of several important factors, not the most important but not irrelevant by any means.

The one major point when it comes to speed is the false and illogical notion that speed is all natural and cannot be taught. I actually heard an announcer say "you can teach a lot of things, but you cannot teach speed." That was so freaking irritating especially when you consider how so much research, effort and money go into the field of speed training. If you can't teach speed, why do track runners practice? Why don't they just rest and show up for the meet? Why do football players do weight training that involves their legs?

People do not come out of the womb fast. It is developed over time. Speed can be increased even in a short period of time. Someone can actually improve their speed in as little as a month. There are literally muscles in the legs and feet that people don't know about and will become extremely sore after a speed and agility clinic. There are tons of drills and exercises in combination with traditional power weight training that can dramatically increase speed. Anyone who thinks it's not true literally does not know how the human body works and how muscles build and are used in the course of physical action!

green fire317

Banned
Wow on Monday Night Football they are already playing the Hispanic heritage month thing. Talking about Sanchez for the Jets and Camarillo for the Dolphins. What amazes me is how much pregame "analysis" there is for the games. And the Dwfs soke in all the crap that is dished out by the media.I mean coverage starts at like 1 o clock in the afternoon every monday. Also i cant even keep track of all of the different months. I thought it was breast cancer awareness month. Seriously this is getting ridiculous.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Slide,

i agree completely with your take on "speed can't be taught." if that oft-repeated truism were actually true, then there would be no need for track coaches. or strength and conditioning coaches. or speed camps before the Combine. the list goes on and on.

while genetic gifts certainly play a part in being a fast person, of course increased speed can be taught.

as for my analogy, if speed were so essential then there wouldn't be starting safeties in the NFL who run a 4.8 (Kevin Payne), starting wide receivers who run at best a 4.7 (Anquan Boldin), or featured backs who run nearly a 4.9 (Leron McClain). speed is relative, of course, and regular folks are slower than that. but "speed" in my post should probably really mean "elite speed,"which is what we're told all NFL players have. when it's obvious they don't.

conversely, often the guys who are super fast turn out to totally suck ... like Heyward-Bey for the Raiders.

green fire317

Banned
They had Barack Obama on to play up the Hispanic Heritage month!!!! unbrlievalbe! Last time i checked the guy has a job to do. He just said "We are all Americans" in Spanish. And now their is Spanish music being played in the back.

green fire317

Banned
The referee just called the penalty in Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it took Braylon Edwards all of a day or so to absorbone of the NFL's "extremely complicated offenses" after being traded.

BTW, ESPN was treating this thug like a king in its pre-game show.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Leonhard with a great drive ending tackle for a loss on Ronnie Brown. what a tackler he is!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Josh "Eminem" McDaniels was just interviewed by "Boomer" Berman. I hope Denver ends up 5-11.
smiley1.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
Deadlift said:
"It's also nice to see the NFL producing so many one-sided, blowout victories week after week. Despite the hilarious concept of "parody,"Â￾ which is preached from the Caste Bible, it seems like every year the number of outrageously bad teams increases."

The Emperor has No Clothes!

At CF, our viewpoints continue to be proven correct. A "racial spoils system" only makes the NFL product weaker. A 5 year old child should know that! I do find it a bit easier to wake people up in the real world these days. We must keep up the good work!

Hear Hear!!!

smiley32.gif

John

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i turned this crap off when the ref announced the first penalty in Spanish. i mean ...
smiley87.gif

Matra1

Mentor
I know I shouldn't compare tackling in the NFL to rugby (where missed tackles are relatively rare) after all the cuts are sharper in the NFL and there are blockers but jeez some of the tackling I've seen this weekend would get you laughed off a rugby field. Even one of the commentators mentioned it earlier when the Jets were able to get a first down from a short pass yet there was a Dolphin right on the Jet receiver when as he caught it.

BTW they're really going overboard with this Hispanic* heritage stuff.

* Other than speaking Spanish what on earth do Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and people from Spain have in common? This seems to be a political term designed to unite them against whites in general.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I have been listening to the radio call tonight. Marv Albert must be feeling it, because he has riding Boomer all night. Boomer should put Marv in his place by asking him what dress he is wearing underneath his suit tonight...
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad I can't watch that crap! I wish Marv Albrit (as my cousin used to say) was still off the air.