Week 5 2009

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
St Louis and Cleveland are doing terribly this season. St Louis has put up only 34 points in 5 games. Cleveland is not much better with only 55. At least the Lions can put some points on the board.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It looks to me like Wil(extend a)fork(to his mouth) now weighs well over 350. There is no way he's 325 like his profile says. Looked like a beached whale earlier in the game. It is really difficult for me to sit through any NFL game without getting upset. In describing Welker, one announcer says "he's dependable." Wow, that's the best you can come up with? Jerk!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Finally, I spot Peyton Hillis on the field! On special teams.
smiley129.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Col Reb chaulk up "dependable" as a another white label.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Col Reb chaulk up "dependable" as a another white label.

Yep, and another fumble (it looked like one to me) by Moreno.

Riddlewire

Master
TorontoArgos said:
backrow said:
Freethinker said:
White linebacker Russell Allen of the Jaguars (shocking I know) is leading the team with 10 tackles so far. Also, in this game Matt Hasselbeck has returned from injury with 4 TD's so far. What an improvement over afflete Seneca Wallace.

he's not white, mixed i think:

2876.jpg
He looks really white to me. Hair, mouth structure says he's white.

wentworthmillerx.jpg

He probably looks white to you, too. But he's not.
Black father. And to most people (including me), 50% means 100%.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Moreno is nothing special whatsoever. i can't believe this mediocre team is about to be 5-0... McDaniels will have a free reign at least another year. Hillis is done... WTF

SoberWF

Hillis needs to get on he phone with his agent and start the proceedings now to get himself out of Denver.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SWF I as just thinking that. But I suspect he will wait till next year, if he doesn't want his career to stand for WSTD or very little part time fullback during "game over" time.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
TorontoArgos said:
backrow said:
Freethinker said:
White linebacker Russell Allen of the Jaguars (shocking I know) is leading the team with 10 tackles so far. Also, in this game Matt Hasselbeck has returned from injury with 4 TD's so far. What an improvement over afflete Seneca Wallace.

he's not white, mixed i think:

2876.jpg
He looks really white to me. Hair, mouth structure says he's white.

wentworthmillerx.jpg

He probably looks white to you, too. But he's not.
Black father. And to most people (including me), 50% means 100%.
One big difference is the other guy doesn't have kinky hair. Genetics wise the Prison Break star is obviously more White than anything else but culturally he is Black. Edited by: white is right

RossAllen.jpg

He looks white..

I fail to see how that other guy being half black has anything to do with Russell Allen's heritage...

677134.jpg

Again, very white looking.

Westside

Hall of Famer
He is anglo and has a summer peak tan. That other photo of the kid, looks like it was taken from some gay publication....WTF

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Welker is dependable ... dependably excellent.
smiley2.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
backrow said:
Brian Leonard, RB Bengals: crucial clog in Bengals offense, every time he got on announcers underlined this fact.

"Crucial *clog*" (as in albatross for the CIN offense) or did you mean to type "crucial *cog*"? More castespeak, huh?

99.44% of CasteFootballers may not like this, but I would be honored to be called a "crucial cog", "blue collar" player, or possessor of a "non-stop motor". Even if I weren't white. I'm sorry, but I can't see how those terms can be derogatory. Each of those terms MUST have to have a black equivalent somewhere if they are an issue on CF. What are they? Anybody know?

John

Taco

Guru
foreverfree said:
backrow said:
Brian Leonard, RB Bengals: crucial clog in Bengals offense, every time he got on announcers underlined this fact.

"Crucial *clog*" (as in albatross for the CIN offense) or did you mean to type "crucial *cog*"? More castespeak, huh?

99.44% of CasteFootballers may not like this, but I would be honored to be called a "crucial cog", "blue collar" player, or possessor of a "non-stop motor". Even if I weren't white. I'm sorry, but I can't see how those terms can be derogatory. Each of those terms MUST have to have a black equivalent somewhere if they are an issue on CF. What are they? Anybody know?

John

these are good things to be called, theres no doubt about that. I too would like to be credited for hard work ethic. However, many people at this site have noticed, over time, that these descriptions are given to white athletes (almost exclusively) again and again. Hearing these sort of compliments repeated over and over about white athletes begins to ingrain in people's head and they begin to think white athletes as not true athletes compared to their black counterparts. White athletes begin to get stereotyped as being less-than-average athletes who only get by on their "brains" and "heart". Essentially every white athlete is "Rudy".

kre08

Guru
What an incredible 39 yard TD catch and run by Mr. Austin Collie! What a BEAST!

backrow

Hall of Famer
great play by Austin Collie! what a great player!

PS and yes, i meant COG, in response to the earlier poster.

PS 2 they talk about Austin now.

Edited by: backrow

dwid

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Moreno is nothing special whatsoever. i can't believe this mediocre team is about to be 5-0... McDaniels will have a free reign at least another year. Hillis is done... WTF

I dont even understand how Moreno went in the first round. He is the type of back that is a dime a dozen that can be picked up in a later round. I am rooting against Broncos because of the ridiculous treatment Hillis is receiving. Not even 6 to 8 carries? I hope Denver fans haven't forgotten about Hillis.