2023 NFL Week One

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watt now with a third sack, causing a forced fumble which he recovered!!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Troy Anderson with a big sack on 3rd down. He’s having a very good game so far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cmac is looking like he is back at Stanford. Speed, moves, explosiveness and great coordination. MVP Running Back!
He has 15 carries for 120 yards and we are still in the 3rd quarter! Wow put a show young man!

49ers' Christian McCaffrey lights up Steelers with 65-yard touchdown run​

i

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Unbelievable McCaffrey run! Love to see it! Great down field block by Aiyuk

San Francisco is the only team that's really separating itself from it's opponent today.

Warhawk_46

Master
Anyone know the extent of Trent Williams’ injury? He is a very good blocker and CMC and Purdy could struggle if he is out.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m slightly worried about Alex Pierce in Indy with Richardson. Right now he has only 1 catch for 5 yards. Richardson is not a quarterback worth anything. A poor man’s Can Newton.

On the plus side, Jake Funk has 1 carry for 7 yards. Hopefully he gets a few more, proves himself and gets touches throughout the year.

Warhawk_46

Master
Anyone caught anything of the Bengals-Browns game? I am shocked at Cincinnati not putting up anything of note. I figured Burrow would have them playing better.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone caught anything of the Bengals-Browns game? I am shocked at Cincinnati not putting up anything of note. I figured Burrow would have them playing better.
From what I've seen it's been raining a lot, Burrow looks rusty after missing the preseason and is getting poor protection.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
49ers with an early statement. Purdy leaving no doubt on who should be the 49ers starter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’m slightly worried about Alex Pierce in Indy with Richardson. Right now he has only 1 catch for 5 yards. Richardson is not a quarterback worth anything. A poor man’s Can Newton.

On the plus side, Jake Funk has 1 carry for 7 yards. Hopefully he gets a few more, proves himself and gets touches throughout the year.

I agree with everything you said. I'm hoping Richardson gets benched after the first month. We shall see.

I was shocked to see Funk get a carry. The starter did struggle so maybe the kid gets some more chances to shine in tthe prime time!

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah! Didn't get to watch Colts game....what up ? Get Alec Pierce involved!
Nice to see Jake Funk had 2 carries 10 yards + 1 rec 12 yards; hopefully he will get more opportunities ; Deon Jackson only had 14 yards rushing on 13 carries!!

CONGRATS to CMac!! Caught second 1/2 the 65 yard run live! 15 minute halftimes are sneaky fast! Recorded replay on phone! What a stat line too!
22 - 152 - 1! + 3 -17

LB Titans Jack Gibbens was hitting hard! Undrafted to a Starter now!

Derek Carr had over 300 yards passing!

jphoss

Mentor
Blacks embarrassing the patriots out here. Maybe bb will wise up and pick up some undervalued whites but i doubt it. Nice seeing Reed with the pass breakup there, he has great length and closing speed

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree with everything you said. I'm hoping Richardson gets benched after the first month. We shall see.

I was shocked to see Funk get a carry. The starter did struggle so maybe the kid gets some more chances to shine in tthe prime time!
So Deon Jackson the starter has been in the league two years and avg 2.2 and 3.3 respectively. And yet… because he is black he gets named the starter even though Funk is a superior athlete and, more importantly, running back.

Here is hoping Jake shines and gets the opportunity. Would be great to see he and Evan Hull form a potent 1-2 punch.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yeah! Didn't get to watch Colts game....what up ? Get Alec Pierce involved!
Nice to see Jake Funk had 2 carries 10 yards + 1 rec 12 yards; hopefully he will get more opportunities ; Deon Jackson only had 14 yards rushing on 13 carries!!

CONGRATS to CMac!! Caught second 1/2 the 65 yard run live! 15 minute halftimes are sneaky fast! Recorded replay on phone! What a stat line too!
22 - 152 - 1! + 3 -17

LB Titans Jack Gibbens was hitting hard! Undrafted to a Starter now!

Derek Carr had over 300 yards passing!
Yes, a pleasant surprise as the Titans haven't had a White starter on defense in too long. 8 total tackles today. 6 solo and 1 for a loss.