2023 NFL Week One

Snow Plow

Mentor
It’s nice seeing the Bills have Knox and Kincaid out there at the same time. Kincaid is basically a WR.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Spectacular play by Josh Allen. His physical tools are unmatched. People overexaggerate his turnovers. He creates so many big plays that he more than makes up for them.
He's currently the most athletic QB in the league..

Disappointed that Rodgers was injured. I had hoped this would be a highlight game of 2 qbs

He's currently the most athletic QB in the league..

Disappointed that Rodgers was injured. I had hoped this would be a highlight game of 2 qbs
Agreed. Everyone knew the Jets O-line was suspect, but I'm not sure anyone predicted Rodgers and Wilson would get constantly sacked/pressured in their dropbacks. I certainly didn't.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see Allen starting throwing to Kincaid in open space. He's completed three passes to him so far but they were all very short ones with a defender right there to tackle him. They drafted Kincaid in large part because of his ability to find holes to get open and then make yards after the catch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Everyone knew the Jets O-line was suspect, but I'm not sure anyone predicted Rodgers and Wilson would get constantly sacked/pressured in their dropbacks. I certainly didn't.

He better learn to throw it as fast as possible just like the old Dan Marino with that O Line. Hope the Jets make some adjustments.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The broadcasters are speculating it's an Achilles tear, let's hope not or it's wait until next year...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's speculation that Rodgers' injury might be a torn Achilles. Just speculation, but if that's what it is he may be done for the season, and maybe his career if he doesn't want try and come back from it. Ravens RB K. J. Dobbins had an Achilles injury yesterday and within hours was ruled out for the season. Let's hope big time that it's an ankle sprain or even a high ankle sprain.

Warhawk_46

Master
That would be terrible for Rogers especially after Love played so well yesterday.

Rogers seems like a decent man, a little odd, but I respect his stance against the clot shots.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
There's speculation that Rodgers' injury might be a torn Achilles. Just speculation, but if that's what it is he may be done for the season, and maybe his career if he doesn't want try and come back from it. Ravens RB K. J. Dobbins had an Achilles injury yesterday and within hours was ruled out for the season. Let's hope big time that it's an ankle sprain or even a high ankle sprain.

Agreed. Let's hope that in Rodgers brief time in New York he has helped coach up Zach Wilson as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was looking at the Bills Roster. They still have Andy Isabella on there but here is the sad truth if he doesn't play this year. Isabella
is 26 and will be 27 years of age in November. The days of a wide receiver or any speed position are numbered. He has waiting till
he is almost 30 just to get a fair chance. Such a damn shame. When guys with his talent don't play you have to wonder? Even a guy
like Hunter Renfrow and what's happened to him with the Raiders. Our guys have such a small window of time and very few teams
willing to play them.

Snow Plow

Mentor
I'd like to see Allen starting throwing to Kincaid in open space. He's completed three passes to him so far but they were all very short ones with a defender right there to tackle him. They drafted Kincaid in large part because of his ability to find holes to get open and then make yards after the catch.
Agree with this. He led an excellent class of receiving TEs with LaPorta and Musgrave not far behind and both had solid games. Mayer is more of a traditional blocking type but drafted high and, hopefully, Kroft can emerge as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Aikman criticizing Wilson for not making a play while the Jets o-line not blocking anyone at that last play is absurd.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Man that would stink if it’s a torn Achilles. I knew the NYJ hype wasn’t warranted. Most at CF have been calling out their sorry ass OL for years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Man that would stink if it’s a torn Achilles. I knew the NYJ hype wasn’t warranted. Most at CF have been calling out their sorry ass OL for years.

Yep. Jets OL is awful. Hopefully they open up the playbook a little for Wilson. His INT was a bad decision but I feel that if they just trusted him a little more he can make some throws down field..

Allen careless with the ball tonight.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sounds like more sloppy QB play.. Going to be a lot of that opening month.

I’ll have to catch the replay later .

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I just read it was 38 year old sumo Duane Brown who blew his block that gave the defender a clear path to Rodgers. One wonders why an over-the-hill sumo, with limited practice this summer recovering from an injury, is even put into this situation?! I think we know why and now the Jets, and unfortunately Rodgers, paid the price.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Man stinks about ARod. At least Wilson is the benefactor.

wile

Master
I had forgotten it was NFL opening weekend till about 8PM Sunday and found out the Pack was in Chicago with the same usual results. I tried to stay interested in the game (recorded) but failed but it seemed like the announcers were saying that Love had protection and made no errant throws while Rodgers goes to the inept Jets where even iron man Favre got injured.

Anyway is there anything really interesting about the Pack this year outside of the new OLB they took in the 1st?

Snow Plow

Mentor
I had forgotten it was NFL opening weekend till about 8PM Sunday and found out the Pack was in Chicago with the same usual results. I tried to stay interested in the game (recorded) but failed but it seemed like the announcers were saying that Love had protection and made no errant throws while Rodgers goes to the inept Jets where even iron man Favre got injured.

Anyway is there anything really interesting about the Pack this year outside of the new OLB they took in the 1st?
He has an uphill battle. It’s too bad we can’t get expert opinion from past experts like Merrill Hoge and instead get some lame BS like this. I won’t post the link, but she thinks they should instead go after someone like Jacoby Brissett.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 5

Warhawk_46

Master
Certain organizations (Jets and Browns come to mind) are so poorly run that we should expect nothing less than a poor product, horrible decision-making and roster management.

wile

Master
Honestly I do not have the best intentions for the NFL I really wish the Jets would give Kapernick a contract and trade or cut Wilson in the process. I only know about that because I follow Clay Travis on twitter and at least I see the latest and greatest from the great minds. FTR I would watch Jeopardy with Rodgers occasionally hosting.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Kapernick to the Jets would be like Christmas come early.

He would suck, while being arrogant in a big media market, and it would help show how ridiculous the league has become.

I’m with you. Sign him up!