2023 NFL Week One

Warhawk_46

Master
The Raiders just make me so angry. To take an elite talent like Hunter Renfrow and turn him into an afterthought just makes
no sense what so ever! It's like that big season never happened? It's like he wasn't amazing at Clemson. This kind of thing just
seems to happens mostly to our guys! For anyone that doesn't believe in the Caste System open your EYES! Anti White Disrimination
at the highest levels.
Renfrow needs to leave Las Vegas.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Daniel Jones should sue his O line for negligence and incompetence. Outside of the center, they have been horrible..

Warhawk_46

Master
Giants look horrendous.

Why no Hunter Luepke for Dallas? They are giving scrub wide receivers rushing attempts but not their (clearly) 2nd best running back behind Pollard?

jphoss

Mentor
Considering the absolute garbage team assembled around him Jones played very well today.
He should get better each week. Jones had some nice throws but tbh his pocket presence was not great. I’m sure that has a lot to do with the pats terrible oline but he needs to start stepping up in the pocket more. As he gains experience that should fix itself. As expected the pats te’s played well but i was surprised how little of a focus they were in the game plan. Their receivers are not very good, so not expecting too much from the patriots this year

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Giants look horrendous.

Why no Hunter Luepke for Dallas? They are giving scrub wide receivers rushing attempts but not their (clearly) 2nd best running back behind Pollard?
I checked and Luepke seemed to be active last night. I wonder why McCarthy couldn't give him some 4th quarter carries since the game was a total blowout....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't mean to be too much of a downer, but don't expect Luepke to be carrying the ball much. For all the media hoopla about Mike McCarthy finding his "new John Kuhn," Kuhn had 217 rushing attempts in his 12 year career, 84 of them in a single season. Take those 84 away and he averaged about 10 rushes per 16 game season.

The Cowboys have three "real" running backs ahead of Luepke and would likely bring back the recently waived Malik Davis or anyone off the street before they're going to let Hunter be a running back. Luepke is this year's Zander Horvath, very capable running backs who are beefed up to be mostly blocking fullbacks who would have to be able to run 4.25 40s before being considered as anything else. It's been that way for over 40 years and it would take all the Cowboys' "real" running backs being injured in a car crash for Luepke to get any consideration and probably not even then.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yup that pretty much about sums it up.. Our big backs will never get the chance again. Hillis was the last one they’ll allow.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Encouraging to see some solid tackling numbers from our LBs! Gibbens, Werner, Rozeboom, Andersen, Singleton, and Jewell all had good days at the office.

Noticed DL Michael Hoecht was credited with half a sack

DL Zach Sieler with a sack.

Ya passing numbers across the board were pretty weak. It’ll get better for some teams lol.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yup that pretty much about sums it up.. Our big backs will never get the chance again. Hillis was the last one they’ll allow.
I'm not so sure. I said in the college thread after watching Carson Steele, 6'1 225, might be that break through back. He's big, but not FB big and he's a RB, not a RB playing FB in college. This guy runs with aggression. A pile mover with speed and is quick for his size.
I applaud his decision to leave small town Indiana for the bright lights of LA. It takes a lot of confidence to do that. I may be wrong, but I think Steele is going to hang in there and make coaches notice him, if they haven't already. An absolute STUD!
I'm predicting he'll be the next white RB to be a starter in the NFL. Maybe even better than Shipley. Obviously, I hope both of them make it.

Warhawk_46

Master
Don't mean to be too much of a downer, but don't expect Luepke to be carrying the ball much. For all the media hoopla about Mike McCarthy finding his "new John Kuhn," Kuhn had 217 rushing attempts in his 12 year career, 84 of them in a single season. Take those 84 away and he averaged about 10 rushes per 16 game season.

The Cowboys have three "real" running backs ahead of Luepke and would likely bring back the recently waived Malik Davis or anyone off the street before they're going to let Hunter be a running back. Luepke is this year's Zander Horvath, very capable running backs who are beefed up to be mostly blocking fullbacks who would have to be able to run 4.25 40s before being considered as anything else. It's been that way for over 40 years and it would take all the Cowboys' "real" running backs being injured in a car crash for Luepke to get any consideration and probably not even then.
I agree, Hunter would emasculate black db’s in a way not seen since Hillis and those in charge of the narrative cannot allow that to be shown. It is also why I predict Carson Steele Will not be given an opportunity.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm not so sure. I said in the college thread after watching Carson Steele, 6'1 225, might be that break through back. He's big, but not FB big and he's a RB, not a RB playing FB in college. This guy runs with aggression. A pile mover with speed and is quick for his size.
I applaud his decision to leave small town Indiana for the bright lights of LA. It takes a lot of confidence to do that. I may be wrong, but I think Steele is going to hang in there and make coaches notice him, if they haven't already. An absolute STUD!
I'm predicting he'll be the next white RB to be a starter in the NFL. Maybe even better than Shipley. Obviously, I hope both of them make it.

I agree. If you look at last years college football thread I raved about Carson "Superman" Steele most of the season and so did many
other posters. He has the hollywood looks and the pro wrestler body builder build with the hair of "Thor" The NFL can make a fortune
off the kid but will they? They would be stupid not to but look what the NBA has done to Mac McClung. He would probably be one
of the most popular players for jersey and poster sales yet the nba still won't give him a valid guaranteed contract. It's a joke.

I have no doubt in my mind that both Steele and Shipley have NFL Talent 100 percent! It's just so hard to trust the league with what has
been done to so many of our athletes. Unfair is the understatement of the year!

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't watch any of the Raiders-Broncos game and my initial reaction after finding out that Hunter Renfrow didn't get a single target was to be extremely disappointed in Jimmy Garappolo. But looking at the snap counts the culprit, hardly surprisingly, was good old Josh McDaniels.
Jakobi Meyers had 9 catches for 81 yards and a TD, but he also played 80% of the snaps. Renfrow played just 22% of the snaps, or a mere 13 plays, the same amount as the immortal Kristian Wilkerson. Meyers and Davante Adams were the only receivers to play over 22% of the snaps, while Austin Hooper led the tight ends with just 53%.

It's hard to believe, even in the Caste NFL, that Renfrow would get this treatment again this season after putting together an All Pro season in 2021. But of course McDaniels knows Renfrow will never ever complain, and no media pundits will seriously question it. The near unanimous consensus has already been that after an injury-marred 2022 that saw his production go way down, Renfrow had simply reverted to his "real" level of play and that '21 was some kind of unexplainable aberration.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I hope Steele fares better than Nall,Horvath, Luepke, and Zenner…

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Josh Allen has started off the Monday Night Football Game going completeing 8 of 9 passes as the Bills take a 3 to 0 lead.
I really wish Andy Isabella was on the active roster! Hopefully soon as he has been treated like garbage.

It looks like the Jets will have to rely on the ground game to win this one. Would be nice to see Nick Bawden get some carries.

Spectacular play by Josh Allen. His physical tools are unmatched. People overexaggerate his turnovers. He creates so many big plays that he more than makes up for them.