2023 NFL Week One

woody39

Mentor
So sad that have we have one guy at RB. Makes your blood boil. All our eggs in one basket, but what a basket.

Hoping Will will join him soon
Yes I agree it's really bad that despite the evidence and production our guys never get the chance. Knowing our luck 49ers will draft Shipley and put him behind Mccaffrey.

woody39

Mentor
49ers versus Steelers is the game on uk sky tonight at 6pm! McCaffrey, Kittle and Purdy versus Watt and Pickett!

Sean89

Mentor
49ers versus Steelers is the game on uk sky tonight at 6pm! McCaffrey, Kittle and Purdy versus Watt and Pickett!

My biggest disappointment with Cmc going to 49ers was the west coast thing.

Panthers were mostly 6pm games vs 9.25 for 49ers.

With a young child I do be exhausted by 10 haha

Sean89

Mentor
Pro football talk giving Watson a huge big up after Toneys awful display.

Saying he has to play more and is a very good player that hasn't got a chance.

Warhawk_46

Master
Agreed, Justin Watson is going to get a lot of opportunity this year. Of course it is by default since the black receivers are largely so terrible the Walrus has no choice but to begin to feature Watson.

Warhawk_46

Master
I will say it was nice to see Detroit with their dominant young DE who was held nearly the entire game still make the Chiefs’ tackle look sillily. And their three white linebackers all played quite well.

If they could only get a white defensive back and another lineman it would be great! As is, this is a defense to root for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was debating whether to pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket again on DirecTV. It goes up every year and has become quite expensive. I went to check the usual channels that have the games and they aren't there anymore. Went through the time-consuming ritual of calling the corporation and jumping through its robo answering hoops and finally reached a customer service rep, who had a strong Spanish accent that was hard to understand.

Turns out the Sunday Ticket is now only on YouTube TV. So the decision was made for me and I've saved $400 or whatever the amount is this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
49ers march down the field and score, CMac with 2 carries for 26 yards.

woody39

Mentor
Fantastic first drive by 49ers - Mccaffrey Kittle involved and Purdy perfect throw for the TD. Up early 7 0 against the Steelers.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Purdy looked pretty sharp on that first drive. No ill effects from the elbow injury so far.

woody39

Mentor
The 49er offense is great, all the white talent we love led by Mccaffrey and add in Deebo Samuel and Ayiuk that's some quality all around.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
The 49er offense is great, all the white talent we love led by Mccaffrey and add in Deebo Samuel and Ayiuk that's some quality all around.
I really hope to see the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year. It will be great for the legacies of McCaffrey, Purdy and Juice.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
So is the age of quarterbacks looking like they are well prepared and in charge of the offense coming to an end before our eyes? Guys like Brady and Brees who looked like they've read a playbook? Guys who didn't just drop the football or throw terrible interceptions with regularity?

Is this sloppy, inconsistent football the revolutionary future of the position that we were promised? Perhaps I'm being too hard on rookies, but Watson? Jackson? Not for the first time I'm struck by the seeming inferiority of the product on the field compared to years passed.

I know that's the knee-jerk-first-fifteen-minutes-of-the-season take you were all looking for. Hopefully things get more...watchable as the season goes on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I really hope to see the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year. It will be great for the legacies of McCaffrey, Purdy and Juice.
They may be my favorite offense to watch. They lack a White WR but Trent Taylor would be their starting slot receiver if he hadn't been injury prone, while CMac, Juice, Kittle and Purdy are fun to watch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McCaffrey 6 rushes for 42 yards so far in the first quarter

Sean89

Mentor
So is the age of quarterbacks looking like they are well prepared and in charge of the offense coming to an end before our eyes? Guys like Brady and Brees who looked like they've read a playbook? Guys who didn't just drop the football or throw terrible interceptions with regularity?

Is this sloppy, inconsistent football the revolutionary future of the position that we were promised? Perhaps I'm being too hard on rookies, but Watson? Jackson? Not for the first time I'm struck by the seeming inferiority of the product on the field compared to years passed.

I know that's the knee-jerk-first-fifteen-minutes-of-the-season take you were all looking for. Hopefully things get more...watchable as the season goes on.

Seen Irvin and Keyshawn Johnson saying they would prefer Burrows over Mahomes in a classic system they came out on

Irvin noted receivers don't understand route running like previous years. They don't need too.

It's all coming down to making offense easier and suiting the skill sets of running, Qbs.

No issue with that in itself, but I just hope our guys get their due in this era.

woody39

Mentor
49ers looking good early on, they would be my favourites for the super bowl probably along with the Chiefs. Will be cheering on the 49ers when my Pats don't make it out the division!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Purdy with a second TD pass, a beauty, 49ers crushing Pitt so far.