2023 College Football Bowl Season

Snow Plow

Guru
Terrible to see. Also terrible that he is running a kick back in a meaningless bowl game.

TwentyTwo

Master
Hope Shipley's knee is just hyper-extended....but riding off in cart! CRAP!!!! Nice 60 yard Kickoff Return; his longest of the season!

Klubnik hangs WR Stellato out to dry; gets clobbered by defender on high pass

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Terrible to see. Also terrible that he is running a kick back in a meaningless bowl game.
Well, he supposedly hadn't made a firm decision on what he wanted to do. To stay one more year or go to the NFL. Two of Clemson's defensive players had declared for the NFL and not playing, so he was probably leaning towards coming back.
About returning kicks: not a bad way to showcase talents other than just playing RB. This is especially important for whitey as the odds are so stacked to becoming a white RB in the NFL. It seems the NFL is a little more open to letting whitey return punts and kicks. Shipley is a great return guy, but if I had any thoughts of going pro, I would have advised him to sit this bowl game out.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Damn it Shipley! 60 yards would have completed that 5 leg parlay. Instead he breaks his leg. Rotten luck. You guys that wanted him back in college, get your wish. I’m sure his stock will be much higher coming off a torn up knee! :bash:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Shipley's injury stinks. If it's an ACL that probably destroys his draft odds.

Notre Dame currently destroying Oregon State. Angeli having a good game, it stinks he will be behind Leonard next year unless he transfers out. Transfer portal really changing the game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Shipley's injury stinks. If it's an ACL that probably destroys his draft odds.
According to Tigernet, an MRI will be done tomorrow or the following day, but initial reports are encouraging.
Let's try and be positive and hope for the best. Shipley is an outstanding young man and is a leader both on and off the field. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA in 3 years and is the closest player that we have comparable to CMC.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
According to Tigernet, an MRI will be done tomorrow or the following day, but initial reports are encouraging.
Let's try and be positive and hope for the best. Shipley is an outstanding young man and is a leader both on and off the field. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA in 3 years and is the closest player that we have comparable to CMC.

Hoping it's only a hyper-extended knee. I'd like to see him return for a 4th year to be honest. Not many White RBs in the college ranks next year. He will most certainly be splitting carries if he stays but perhaps can be used more creatively in the passing game. Either way I hope the kid is ok and the injury is not as bad as it looked.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Memphis QB Seth Henigan throws for 364 yards and 4 TD's and rushed for another TD in The Liberty Bowl win over Iowa State. I had to leave my home after the Clemson game and only saw the last quarter. Henigan looked really good and mobile as well. I believe his coach said he would be back next season. I don't know much about him. Is he a possible NFL prospect? Does anyone know more about him?
Is the Iowa State Freshman QB white? He looked great as well in the loss. 408 yards and 3 TD's.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Memphis QB Seth Henigan throws for 364 yards and 4 TD's and rushed for another TD in The Liberty Bowl win over Iowa State. I had to leave my home after the Clemson game and only saw the last quarter. Henigan looked really good and mobile as well. I believe his coach said he would be back next season. I don't know much about him. Is he a possible NFL prospect? Does anyone know more about him?
Is the Iowa State Freshman QB white? He looked great as well in the loss. 408 yards and 3 TD's.

Henigan has been a very good consistent QB as his 3 years starting for Memphis. Very good dual threat QB - should be on the short list for the 2025 draft. It's smart of him to stay for one more year. Iowa State's starting QB is White - Rocco Becht. He played well considering the circumstances - the original starter Hunter Dekkers was suspended back in the summer for gambling - not sure what his status is for eligibility but Becht played very well as a 1st year starter.

jphoss

Mentor
Caught some of the ND game, and Angeli looked great! Tremendous poise in the pocket, and if I were him I would transfer out. He’s too good not to play next year and his stock is high after that performance. I hate seeing talented white qbs waste away on the bench while scrub quotas are out there

Warhawk_46

Master
Even before the knee injury something has been very wrong with Shipley this season. He has been thoroughly outplayed by a former backup he was superior to last year. Clemson is trending down for sure. Kubnick has looked average at best all year. The line struggled (but Mufha outperformed).

The best thing is to find a school that will truly feature him and have an All-American senior year. He has the talent, I’m not doubting that. Clemson is not the place it will happen.

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 3

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even before the knee injury something has been very wrong with Shipley this season. He has been thoroughly outplayed by a former backup he was superior to last year. Clemson is trending down for sure. Kubnick has looked average at best all year. The line struggled (but Mufha outperformed).

The best thing is to find a school that will truly feature him and have an All-American senior year. He has the talent, I’m not doubting that. Clemson is not the place it will happen.

Great post Warhawk_46. I agree that he should transfer to a school where he is without a doubt the number 1 rb! He would have a far better chance of being drafted and playing at the next level in the nfl.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure that there is something VERY wrong with Shipley. I believe it's a combination of small things. For one, the OL has not been good for Clemson at all this season, so it makes running up the middle most of the time difficult, especially with a RB that's around 200lbs. although Shipley is very strong for his size. Two, Clemson OC, Riley doesn't seem to utilize Shipley's strength of getting into open space. Note; the KO returns today. 2 returns for 94 yards. Shipley needs a little room to get going as he doesn't utilize the jump cut as he should. Maybe he just doesn't have that ability? I believe Clemson bulked up his legs too much as he seems to have lost a little speed from his HS days. When he came in as a Freshman, the coaches claimed he was the fastest player on the team. Then, as a sophomore, I saw him get walked down by a former HS teammate against Wake Forest. Now if he's the fastest player on the Clemson team, he shouldn't be getting walked down by a WF defender. I'm sure he was the fastest player on his HS team.
One last thing. He seems to have lost some vision as I've seen him miss what looked like holes for him to hit, but instead going in another direction and or just running right into the OL's @$$.
Also. Mafah didn't out perform Shipley by that much during the regular season. They both had about the same yards and their APC was WS-5.1 to PM's- 5.3. Shipley is a much better all-purpose back as well.
With all that said, it wouldn't bother me if he transferred to somewhere such as NC State or UNC. He's a North Carolina native, Charlotte, and both of his parents graduated for NC State. He would probably move right in and start for either team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. NC State already poached a RB from Duke.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
TD Schrader!!

Ohio St looks lost. Twatter is all abuzz with their incoming quota savior.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm not sure that there is something VERY wrong with Shipley. I believe it's a combination of small things. For one, the OL has not been good for Clemson at all this season, so it makes running up the middle most of the time difficult, especially with a RB that's around 200lbs. although Shipley is very strong for his size. Two, Clemson OC, Riley doesn't seem to utilize Shipley's strength of getting into open space. Note; the KO returns today. 2 returns for 94 yards. Shipley needs a little room to get going as he doesn't utilize the jump cut as he should. Maybe he just doesn't have that ability? I believe Clemson bulked up his legs too much as he seems to have lost a little speed from his HS days. When he came in as a Freshman, the coaches claimed he was the fastest player on the team. Then, as a sophomore, I saw him get walked down by a former HS teammate against Wake Forest. Now if he's the fastest player on the Clemson team, he shouldn't be getting walked down by a WF defender. I'm sure he was the fastest player on his HS team.
One last thing. He seems to have lost some vision as I've seen him miss what looked like holes for him to hit, but instead going in another direction and or just running right into the OL's @$$.
Also. Mafah didn't out perform Shipley by that much during the regular season. They both had about the same yards and their APC was WS-5.1 to PM's- 5.3. Shipley is a much better all-purpose back as well.
With all that said, it wouldn't bother me if he transferred to somewhere such as NC State or UNC. He's a North Carolina native, Charlotte, and both of his parents graduated for NC State. He would probably move right in and start for either team.
Fair enough, probably a combination of small things adding up to a very big problem for him: he doesn’t pass the eye test (and that isn’t even counting his skin color) this year and that will be held against him. For the record, white or black, if someone struggles in college why should a team spend a high pick on them?

I believe he has all the ability in the world, but a change of scenery would do him wonders. My two cents.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So what do the scouts do now? Cody Schrader with 109 yards rushing against Ohio State who has one of the best defenses in all
of college football. Does he get a Senior Bowl Invite? What about the NFL Combine? This anti white hatred has to stop!

What makes it even more impressive is that Mizou had no passing game all night long.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
As mentioned above, something is definitely off with Will Shipley. He isn't nearly as good as he was last year.
I suspect it is something with him, rather than his team/coach/play calling. Whatever it is, I hope he can fix it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow Schrader can't even win offensive player of the game. Gotta sweep him into the caste memory rabbit hole ASAP!

Rocky B

Master
I logged on to say what you guys just did..
How did Cody not get the mvp?
Cook worked his tail off tonight and deserves praise.
Schrader was the mvp.

I’m sure you guys heard the crap announcers talk about how Schrader may have a chance at the nfl. Special teams, etc. Maybe they can find a role for him. What an insult. Henderson is a first rounder, but Schrader maybe a 7th? Horse crap.