2016 Training Camp and Pre-Season

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Humphries has also been open all over the field on offense, with several nice catches in the first half. On the negative side, Cameron Brate has been demoted already as Austin Sefarian-Jenkins apparently began realizing his limitless upside in practice the past week. I had feared Brate's promotion was a ruse to motivate ASJ; hopefully Humphries has solidified his hold on the third receiver job.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watching some of the Tampa-Cleveland and New Orleans-Pitt games, the trend of blacks adding jr., sr. and III to their jerseys has multiplied again this season. Tampa RB Charles Sims is now Charles Sims III. Cleveland RB Duke Johnson now sports a Jr. after his name. Terrell Pryor is now a Sr. The king so far is Saints WR Willie Snead, who is now Snead IV.

The most ridiculous one I've seen so far is Christine Michael liking his gay first name so much that he passed it on to his son and is now Christine Michael Sr. :rolleyes:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joe Callahan looks like Rodgers back there. He has great escapability when the play breaks down. What a find by the Packers. There should be no way he gets cut.

RTTAS

Guru
Tyler Matakevich with the INT

Amazing how a guy with such "minuscule" "athleticism" can manage to get an interception, because as well all know people who can't run 4.40 40s are useless on a football field.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
49ers Marcus Rush 3 sacks & Forced fumble last week...wrecking havoc again tonight

Apparently Marcus Rush did well in last year's training camp but was cut anyway. This is common for white players. They outplay blacks in the preseason but the blacks get the roster spot due to black privilege.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Romo has a broken bone in his back. He will miss some time. Can't wait for Prescott to fall down to earth.

Jerrahs got his own shiny black quarterback again just like he did with Quincy carter lol

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Bears look pretty inept. They have no consistent running game. Perhaps they should get Gerhart's number. He is much better than the scrubs on their team right now given the privelege to play solely based on skin color.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Romo has a broken bone in his back. He will miss some time. Can't wait for Prescott to fall down to earth.

Jerrahs got his own shiny black quarterback again just like he did with Quincy carter lol

I haven't seen too much of Prescott other than the game he played against the Dolphins. What is the general consensus of him? Will he be a Russell Wilson type, or will he be the latest of overhyped black quarterbacks who might have some initial success, but no staying power?

TwentyTwo

Master
Bears 7th round Rookie WR Daniel Braverman & his 4.47 speed...with the nice catch for the 1st Down..announcers saying hes having a "great camp & WR Coach raving about him"....he was not invited to NFL Combine

QB Connor Shaw showing the good speed for 1st Down...making some nice throws too..then dumbazz Nunez -Roches hits him low & it does not look good

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen too much of Prescott other than the game he played against the Dolphins. What is the general consensus of him? Will he be a Russell Wilson type, or will he be the latest of overhyped black quarterbacks who might have some initial success, but no staying power?

The scouting reports indicated that Prescott had accuracy problems and issues reading defenses. He will probably do ok against vanilla defenses in the preseason but will struggle if he plays in the regular season. He's also not that athletic, unlike Wilson. It's unlikely he's another Wilson.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Connor Shaw looked good but was injured. Looks like a possible ankle injury.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Well if you listen to the media he is the next great black hope. I watched most of his time so far and he is guilty of locking onto his initial receiver. Most of his throws are slant routes,underneath stuff and for the most part the recievers have been wide open. Again once there is enough film on him this will be figured out and he will have to adjust. Defenses play more vanilla schemes in the preseason as well. He only led his team to 10 points in the Seattle game - the third preseason game which is considered the dress rehearsal for the regular season.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Jets played Smiff for two series in the third quarter and than replaced him with Petty. I really hope they cut end up cutting Smiff. I have hated that bum since BSPN was hyping him up as the heisman winner after 5 games in 2012.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just watched Hackenberg drive the Jets down the field and throw a TD pass in his first pre season action. He has been criticized, mocked and written off by DWFs and "experts" already. The Jets actually took a pragmatic approach with Hackenberg - bringing him along slowly and working on cleaning up the issues that he developed during the Franklin Era at PSU. He is still a work in progress for sure but he looked really good on that drive.

Bmore Dan

Guru
Patriots C Stork to the redskins for an unconditional 7th. I wonder why Bill cut him but that is a great pick up for an organization that appears to be remodeling itself after the Pats organization.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Patriots C Stork to the redskins for an unconditional 7th. I wonder why Bill cut him but that is a great pick up for an organization that appears to be remodeling itself after the Pats organization.

I think it was his injury history. I honestly would not have blamed him if he decided to retire rather than join the Redskins. In all honesty being a white player in the NFL is a thankless job. I definitely support all the white athletes in the NFL but if one wants to retire early
who can blame them.