2015 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Top Storylines for the 2015 Draft

I just want to do a writeup on some caste story lines for this upcoming draft.

1. The white QBs - where will Garret Grayson, Bryce Petty, Sean Mannion and Shane Carden end up? This is a pretty weak class depth wise with a lot of mediocre quoatbacks not suited for the NFL style of offense bringing up the bottom of the rankings. Grayson and Mannion are great pro style QB prospects who produced in college. Carden is probably best suited as a west coast offense type QB - he could be effective in the short/intermediate passing game that many teams employ. Petty is probably the most physically gifted QB IMO out of all the QBs in the draft. He's a big athletic guy, big arm (best in the draft) and has a penchant for throwing the deep ball with accuracy. Will we see white QBs traded during the draft -Barkley, Glennon, Cousins, Nassib may all on the trade block for QB needy teams.

2. No Sumo for you? This draft has had several fat black overrated sumos. Lost in the obese mess are a couple of talented athletic OTs (other than Brandon Scherff who is probably the surest pick in this draft). Jake Fisher who is getting next to no press although he tested out as one of the most athletic tackles at the combine and was a huge part of Oregon's offensive success. Could he sneak into the 1st round? Same with Ty Sambrailo who is a prototypical left tackle and was a freestyle skier when he was younger - tons of athletic ability and agility.
Other players of note:
OT Sean Hickey, Rob Havenstein, Andrew Donnal, Mitch Morse, Brett Boyko, Austin Shephed
OG Ali Marpet, Miles Diffenbach, Mark Glowinski, Cody Wichmann
C Reese Dismukes, Hroniss Grassu, BJ Finney, Greg Mancz

3. White skill position players need not apply? This draft actually boasts a large number of white WRs and RBs that should be draftable prospects. Zach Zenner, Ross Schuerman, Tyler Varga and Zach Laskey have all been discussed as viable draft prospects (albeit late rounders). As far as wide recievers - Matt Miller has become an afterthought due to an injury that cost him most of his season although he was the best WR in Boise St. history, Jordan Taylor a prototypical deep threat - will some team line him up as a late round sleeper? Jaxon Shipley was a victim of bad QB play in college, he tested out phenomanlly at his pro day - will a team draft him? Jake Kumerow, Austin Willis, Curry Sexton are all very viable and can easily play in the NFL. Will any of these players be drafted?

4. The Chris Borland Effect - With NFL decision makers treating guys like JJ Watt and Luke Kuechly either as abberations or they are just afraid to allow more white defensive players into the NFL in fear of opening pandora's box it will be interesting to see if Borland's decision to retire early will have a detrimental effect on white linebacking prospects. Guys like Hager, Hull, Heeney, Vigil and Ryan are all starting caliber linebackers - hopefully they do not suffer due to Borland's decision to leave the game.

5. Defensive linemen - will any be drafted? Anthony Chickillo, Henry Anderson and Travis Raciti may surprise and go earlier than expected by "experts". Louis Trinca-Pasat, Cameron Bottecelli, Brock Hekking, Zach Wangemann, Davis Tull, Ryan Mueller and Mike Reilly are all prospects that will hopefully get drafted and infuse more talented white d-linemen into the NFL.

6. Tight End dominance? Maxx Williams is one of the best TE prospects to come out in a few years. While I don't think he is on Gronk's level I do feel he can carve out a Heath Miller type career. The TE position is dominated by white prospects this year - Tyler Kroft, Jeff Heuerman, Blake Bell, Ben Koyack, Jesse James and Nick O'Leary are the other top TE prospects and should all be drafted in the 3-6 round range.

7. What will certain teams do? Will the Browns leave Manziel alone and let him develop? Will racist Doug Whaley get lucky and get a good white QB in the second round for Buffalo? Will Houston's black GM try and draft a black quarterback? Will the Pats draft some white defensive players? Will Chip Kelly make a move for Mariota or maybe trade Jason Peters and drafted the uber athletic Jake Fisher to give the Eagles the most athletic offensive line in the game?

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
No Sumo for you? This draft has had several fat black overrated sumos. Lost in the obese mess are a couple of talented athletic OTs (other than Brandon Scherff who is probably the surest pick in this draft). Jake Fisher who is getting next to no press although he tested out as one of the most athletic tackles at the combine and was a huge part of Oregon's offensive success. Could he sneak into the 1st round? Same with Ty Sambrailo who is a prototypical left tackle and was a freestyle skier when he was younger - tons of athletic ability and agility.
Other players of note:
OT Sean Hickey, Rob Havenstein, Andrew Donnal, Mitch Morse, Brett Boyko, Austin Shephed

It's clear that white offensive linemen are being undervalued.

Last year G Brandon Linder and C Corey Linsley were thought by the mainstream media to be low draft picks or free agents. They were both drafted higher than the mainstream media thought and turned out to be quality starters in their first years.

I wonder what white offensive linemen will be sucesses this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Last year G Brandon Linder and C Corey Linsley were thought by the mainstream media to be low draft picks or free agents. They were both drafted higher than the mainstream media thought and turned out to be quality starters in their first years.

Spot on

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
An interesting fact I just heard the other day was KSUs Jake Waters had the best completion percentage on deep balls thrown this year. He's very underrated as is Hutson Mason,Taylor Heinicke, and Grant Hedrick. All 2nd tier type QBs borderline draft picks imo.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
First couple of rounds will be rough and full of busts as always. After round 3 things should get a tad better and will probably finish close to average that's been maintained.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
An interesting fact I just heard the other day was KSUs Jake Waters had the best completion percentage on deep balls thrown this year. He's very underrated as is Hutson Mason,Taylor Heinicke, and Grant Hedrick. All 2nd tier type QBs borderline draft picks imo.

Waters was pretty screwed over during the draft process. Taylor Kelly is another guy just simply written off even though he was a damn good QB (better than Hundley).

Heinicke is a guy you were high on prior to his pro day if I recall, I think he will be a 5/6th round guy.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Waters was pretty screwed over during the draft process. Taylor Kelly is another guy just simply written off even though he was a damn good QB (better than Hundley).

Heinicke is a guy you were high on prior to his pro day if I recall, I think he will be a 5/6th round guy.

Yeah white guys in general take a back seat this time of year. They lack that magical upside

Shadowlight

Master
Nice primer for the draft Leonardfan!!!
Top Storylines for the 2015 Draft

I just want to do a writeup on some caste story lines for this upcoming draft.

1. The white QBs - where will Garret Grayson, Bryce Petty, Sean Mannion and Shane Carden end up? This is a pretty weak class depth wise with a lot of mediocre quoatbacks not suited for the NFL style of offense bringing up the bottom of the rankings. Grayson and Mannion are great pro style QB prospects who produced in college. Carden is probably best suited as a west coast offense type QB - he could be effective in the short/intermediate passing game that many teams employ. Petty is probably the most physically gifted QB IMO out of all the QBs in the draft. He's a big athletic guy, big arm (best in the draft) and has a penchant for throwing the deep ball with accuracy. Will we see white QBs traded during the draft -Barkley, Glennon, Cousins, Nassib may all on the trade block for QB needy teams.

2. No Sumo for you? This draft has had several fat black overrated sumos. Lost in the obese mess are a couple of talented athletic OTs (other than Brandon Scherff who is probably the surest pick in this draft). Jake Fisher who is getting next to no press although he tested out as one of the most athletic tackles at the combine and was a huge part of Oregon's offensive success. Could he sneak into the 1st round? Same with Ty Sambrailo who is a prototypical left tackle and was a freestyle skier when he was younger - tons of athletic ability and agility.
Other players of note:

3. White skill position players need not apply? This draft actually boasts a large number of white WRs and RBs that should be draftable prospects. Zach Zenner, Ross Schuerman, Tyler Varga and Zach Laskey have all been discussed as viable draft prospects (albeit late rounders). As far as wide recievers - Matt Miller has become an afterthought due to an injury that cost him most of his season although he was the best WR in Boise St. history, Jordan Taylor a prototypical deep threat - will some team line him up as a late round sleeper? Jaxon Shipley was a victim of bad QB play in college, he tested out phenomanlly at his pro day - will a team draft him? Jake Kumerow, Austin Willis, Curry Sexton are all very viable and can easily play in the NFL. Will any of these players be drafted?

4. The Chris Borland Effect - With NFL decision makers treating guys like JJ Watt and Luke Kuechly either as abberations or they are just afraid to allow more white defensive players into the NFL in fear of opening pandora's box it will be interesting to see if Borland's decision to retire early will have a detrimental effect on white linebacking prospects. Guys like Hager, Hull, Heeney, Vigil and Ryan are all starting caliber linebackers - hopefully they do not suffer due to Borland's decision to leave the game.

5. Defensive linemen - will any be drafted? Anthony Chickillo, Henry Anderson and Travis Raciti may surprise and go earlier than expected by "experts". Louis Trinca-Pasat, Cameron Bottecelli, Brock Hekking, Zach Wangemann, Davis Tull, Ryan Mueller and Mike Reilly are all prospects that will hopefully get drafted and infuse more talented white d-linemen into the NFL.

6. Tight End dominance? Maxx Williams is one of the best TE prospects to come out in a few years. While I don't think he is on Gronk's level I do feel he can carve out a Heath Miller type career. The TE position is dominated by white prospects this year - Tyler Kroft, Jeff Heuerman, Blake Bell, Ben Koyack, Jesse James and Nick O'Leary are the other top TE prospects and should all be drafted in the 3-6 round range.

7. What will certain teams do? Will the Browns leave Manziel alone and let him develop? Will racist Doug Whaley get lucky and get a good white QB in the second round for Buffalo? Will Houston's black GM try and draft a black quarterback? Will the Pats draft some white defensive players? Will Chip Kelly make a move for Mariota or maybe trade Jason Peters and drafted the uber athletic Jake Fisher to give the Eagles the most athletic offensive line in the game?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice primer for the draft Leonardfan!!!

Thanks Shadowlight!

Going to try my best to put a somewhat positive spin on the draft. Hopefully our guys end up in situations where they are given a chance. Every year I usually track 60 or so white prospects that have the best chance of getting selected and every year it seems that teams will pass on very good productive white players and reach for some bad black no name player. I am sure it will happen again in some capacity this year as well. I do feel that maintaining the 25% mark of white players drafted is important and a small victory.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

How about Bryan Stork, who was drafted in the 4th round by the New England Patriots. He started 11 games in the regular season and then all of the playoff games for the Super Bowl Champs.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin Guard Dallas Lewallen is a beast of a man. 6'6 320! Funny enough I haven't heard much of anything about him getting drafted. i think if he was a sumo from SEC he'd be top 3 rounds type of player. In reality he will be a late pick t UDFA..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Gavin Lutman WR Pittburg St - A perfect comparison to John Brown out of Pittburg State who was a 3rd round pick last year.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2052&path=football

http://allgbp.com/2015/03/26/nfl-draft-prospect-profile-gavin-lutman-wr-pittsburg-state/

Looks like an interesting prospect! Another small school wr out of Shippensburg is Danny Harman nephew of Bruce Arians.

http://www.goerie.com/QB-PRO-FOOTBA...to-the-draft-finally-drawing-to-a-close-0425#

Along with Lutman,Harman,Kumerow and Easter Illinois Adam Drake there is a solid crop of small school wideouts eligible for this draft. My gut tells me it will be a miracle if even one of these guys gets drafted...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like an interesting prospect! Another small school wr out of Shippensburg is Danny Harman nephew of Bruce Arians.

http://www.goerie.com/QB-PRO-FOOTBA...to-the-draft-finally-drawing-to-a-close-0425#

Along with Lutman,Harman,Kumerow and Easter Illinois Adam Drake there is a solid crop of small school wideouts eligible for this draft. My gut tells me it will be a miracle if even one of these guys gets drafted...

Its really a shame. Most of these small school guys don't have a chance in hell of being drafted and their best shot is the UDFA route because they can somewhat dictate their terms and make decisions based on a teams depth chart at a specific position. Even going that route is a huge uphill battle.

I just read an article stating that their are supposedly 12 WRs with 1st round talent which is of course nonsensical bull****. The inflation of these undeserving prospects shows on the field year in and year out.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Its really a shame. Most of these small school guys don't have a chance in hell of being drafted and their best shot is the UDFA route because they can somewhat dictate their terms and make decisions based on a teams depth chart at a specific position. Even going that route is a huge uphill battle.

I just read an article stating that their are supposedly 12 WRs with 1st round talent which is of course nonsensical bull****. The inflation of these undeserving prospects shows on the field year in and year out.

12 guys?! That's a joke because two yearsago the experts claimed WR was one of the hardest positions to come in and play right away. Now after last year's crop had decent outing all of a sudden there are 12guys with 1st round talent. LOL

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly just found this on a fantasy site. Zenner is ranked 28th among offensive rookies:

28. Zach Zenner, RB, South Dakota St - Zenner is a big stubborn back with good speed. He comes from a small school background, but has performed any time he played BCS conference teams too, and dominated at the lower level the way you would expect a future pro to. As long as he doesn’t get converted to fullback, he could be a core contributor in a backfield.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It would be a silver lining if Zenner gets some meaningful playing time and is drafted earlier than we all expect him to be. If Zenner, Varga, Laskey and Scheuermann some how get drafted I would consider that a small victory for us.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
How about Bryan Stork, who was drafted in the 4th round by the New England Patriots. He started 11 games in the regular season and then all of the playoff games for the Super Bowl Champs.

That's a good example. A player who starts at a key position for a Super Bowl winning team is worth even more than a fourth round pick.

Stork was rated as a late rounder by the mainstream media.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
What will certain teams do? Will the Browns leave Manziel alone and let him develop?

The anti-white mainstream has already written Manziel off as a bust after 6 quarters of play, which is ridiculous.

They do this a lot with white players, they write them off. In 2010 they lied and said that 3rd round pick Colt McCoy was in danger of being cut in training camp. Last year they lied and said that Ryan Nassib was in danger of being cut.

Johnny Manziel is a talented player with off the field issues. Gil Brandt had him rated him as the number one player in last year's draft. The idea that his career is over is ridiculous.

If the Browns don't trade him they will undoubtedly give him every opportunity to succeed and if they're smart they won't trade him.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Before the 2009 draft Julian Edelman tested out very well athletically. The Patriots drafted him in the 7th round.

Edelman has had an excellent career, playing wide receiver, cornerback, wildcat quarterback and punt returner for the Pats. Currently he's one of the best receivers in the league as well as one of the best punt returners.

By giving an athletic white player a chance the Patriots got a steal.

NFL teams should take note and look for athletic white players late in the draft or as free agents. If they give these players an opportunity they could end up with steals such as Edelman.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Now that the Rams have Nick Foles, a pocket passer, they should try to shore up their offensive line in the draft.

A good plan for them would be to target Brandon Scherff in the first, Luke Fisher in the second and Ali Marpet in the third. Of course Fisher and Marpet may not be available in the second and third but with the way white players are undervalued it's possible.

At any rate the Rams should try to fix their offensive line in this draft and there are many underrated white offensive linemen who will be available.

woody39

Mentor

woody39

Mentor
Thanks Shadowlight!

Going to try my best to put a somewhat positive spin on the draft. Hopefully our guys end up in situations where they are given a chance. Every year I usually track 60 or so white prospects that have the best chance of getting selected and every year it seems that teams will pass on very good productive white players and reach for some bad black no name player. I am sure it will happen again in some capacity this year as well. I do feel that maintaining the 25% mark of white players drafted is important and a small victory.

Yeah good write up of our guys Leonardfan, hopefully it wont be as bad as being predicted in the mock drafts! I still think Fisher and Williams should go first round.