2015 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Freethinker that summary of Winston is about everything we have mentioned here at CF. Nice to know there are sane scouts out there who aren't buying the media hype job.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's how a hack sportswriter in one of the local rags describes Ben Heeney today, who is as athletic as any LB in the draft:

"Heeney is undersized and not athletic by NFL standards but plays with the proverbial high motor that's always turned on."

He probably has no idea who Heeney is, did a quick search and saw that he's White and then consulted his Racist Stereotypes of White Athletes 101 Handbook to write his description.

Racist Stereotypes of White Athletes 101 sounds like a good title for a thread.

woody39

Mentor
Here's how a hack sportswriter in one of the local rags describes Ben Heeney today, who is as athletic as any LB in the draft:

"Heeney is undersized and not athletic by NFL standards but plays with the proverbial high motor that's always turned on."

He probably has no idea who Heeney is, did a quick search and saw that he's White and then consulted his Racist Stereotypes of White Athletes 101 Handbook to write his description.

Absolutely awful, classic stereotype by one of the many pathetic journalists, who is either incompetent or spouting a deliberate bias, we all know although he is obviously incompetent but its just another example of bias against white athletes.

woody39

Mentor
Lets compare Ben Heeney to CBS no. one rated ILB prospect Eric Kendricks BOTH prospects in 2015 draft.

Ben Heeney Height - 6ft Weight - 230 40 time - 4.59 Tackles this year - 127 Sacks 1.5
Eric Kendrinks Height - 6ft Weight - 231 40 time - 4.61 Tackles this year - 101 Sacks 4

Not much difference there weight, height, 40 times the same and more tackles for Heeney but more sacks for Kendricks.

So

Heeney's weaknesses on CBS - WEAKNESSES: Undersized with a maxed-out build and short arms. Limited athlete and tight in space, lacking easy fluidity to quickly recover after false steps. Plays fast, but straight-linish and needs to stop and collect himself changing directions. Hits too high at times and will slide off ballcarriers. Needs to improve his discipline to better balance his nonstop movements with his ball awareness. Overaggressive angles and will misjudge speed of ballcarriers at times. Shows body stiffness in coverage and struggles to find the ball once his back is turned to the line of scrimmage. Needs to improve his technique to better stack-and-shed and work his way through the trash.

Kendricks strengths on CBS - STRENGTHS: Like big brother Mychal (Eagles), Eric is instinctive, aggressive and a more explosive hitter than his frame suggests. Closes quickly and with force. Light on his feet. Has good agility, flexibility and balance, especially as a pass rusher. Has the quickness and fluidity to be effective in coverage.

This just sums up the bias in reporting same stats but completely different in reporting!!

Finally notice that Kendricks is better than size suggests where as Heeney is under sized and a maxed out build.

This sums up the battles our guys face to get on an NFL field! :(

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Previously I expressed that I was not as interested in this year's draft as I have been in the past.

Now I think that there's a better way to look at it. Even though the first round is expected to be heavily black there will be plenty of white players taken in the later rounds. So there's still a good reason to follow the draft!

I intend to follow the draft from start to finish!

I'm interested to see when and where the white players are drafted. I predict that there will be more white players drafted in the first round than the mainstream media is predicting.

The draft starts Thursday, April 30, less than one week from now. Let's have some good discussions about it!

woody39

Mentor
I'm interested to see when and where the white players are drafted. I predict that there will be more white players drafted in the first round than the mainstream media is predicting.

The draft starts Thursday, April 30, less than one week from now. Let's have some good discussions about it!

Yeah excellent point extra point lol! For instance Maxx Williams and Jake Fisher could easily go in the first round. With Fisher possibly to the Rams who need oline help or the Chargers, Chiefs or Browns could be looking at him in top 20. If not may see Broncos Patriots or Seahawks looking to improve their oline. Think he is better than Flowers, Peat or Erving. Then Williams could go Bengals to join Eifert, Steelers to replace Miller or Broncos as long term replacement for Julius Thomas. That's two at least who could be in the first round for sure.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Lets compare Ben Heeney to CBS no. one rated ILB prospect Eric Kendricks BOTH prospects in 2015 draft.

Ben Heeney Height - 6ft Weight - 230 40 time - 4.59 Tackles this year - 127 Sacks 1.5
Eric Kendrinks Height - 6ft Weight - 231 40 time - 4.61 Tackles this year - 101 Sacks 4

Not much difference there weight, height, 40 times the same and more tackles for Heeney but more sacks for Kendricks.

So

Heeney's weaknesses on CBS - WEAKNESSES: Undersized with a maxed-out build and short arms. Limited athlete and tight in space, lacking easy fluidity to quickly recover after false steps. Plays fast, but straight-linish and needs to stop and collect himself changing directions. Hits too high at times and will slide off ballcarriers. Needs to improve his discipline to better balance his nonstop movements with his ball awareness. Overaggressive angles and will misjudge speed of ballcarriers at times. Shows body stiffness in coverage and struggles to find the ball once his back is turned to the line of scrimmage. Needs to improve his technique to better stack-and-shed and work his way through the trash.

Kendricks strengths on CBS - STRENGTHS: Like big brother Mychal (Eagles), Eric is instinctive, aggressive and a more explosive hitter than his frame suggests. Closes quickly and with force. Light on his feet. Has good agility, flexibility and balance, especially as a pass rusher. Has the quickness and fluidity to be effective in coverage.

This just sums up the bias in reporting same stats but completely different in reporting!!

Finally notice that Kendricks is better than size suggests where as Heeney is under sized and a maxed out build.

This sums up the battles our guys face to get on an NFL field! :(

This is yet another example of a biased scouting report of a white player. White players are often disparaged indirectly by the reports which use terms such as "stiffness", "hip wiggle", and, as I saw recently, "boring feet."

These terms are used to explain why white players who test out well athletically and have good production are not as good as black players with similar or worse metrics.

For those interested, an enterprising member of this board, :icon_grin:, has started a thread about biased scouting reports of white players.

Biased Scouting Reports of White Players

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Yeah excellent point extra point lol! For instance Maxx Williams and Jake Fisher could easily go in the first round. With Fisher possibly to the Rams who need oline help or the Chargers, Chiefs or Browns could be looking at him in top 20. If not may see Broncos Patriots or Seahawks looking to improve their oline. Think he is better than Flowers, Peat or Erving. Then Williams could go Bengals to join Eifert, Steelers to replace Miller or Broncos as long term replacement for Julius Thomas. That's two at least who could be in the first round for sure.

I watched some video of Maxx Williams and he sure looked good to me. He's definitely first round worthy.

I think he's a better prospect than Eric Ebron, who was taken high in the first round last year.

Williams is very young and he has a high upside. He also has the pedigree, his father was a longtime NFL player.

If I needed a TE I'd grab him early!

woody39

Mentor
It would be disappointing to see Manziel moved from the Browns, i think him staying at the Browns is best as McGown can hold the fort for as long as he needs to be ready, if he goes to Philly he will be back up to Mariota forever.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I understand the comparisons of Winston to Russell. They’re both rotund, languid, immobile black QB’s that emerged from Jimbo Fisher’s offense…

jameis-winston.jpg

CAPTION: Jameis

shirtless-jamarcus-russell.jpg

CAPTION: Jamarcus

Seriously, how does a potential #1 draft pick become so out of shape and lack so much muscle tone while auditioning for a multimillion dollar payday? Jamarcus Jr., indeed.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It would be disappointing to see Manziel moved from the Browns, i think him staying at the Browns is best as McGown can hold the fort for as long as he needs to be ready, if he goes to Philly he will be back up to Mariota forever.

I think the Eagles getting both Mariota and Manziel is a longshot. Heck, I think the Eagles getting Mariota is a longshot.

According to one report the Browns offered Manziel and a 2nd for Sam Bradford and the Eagles turned them down. They should have taken that deal.

I'm mystified by the high value placed on Bradford, a player with a major injury history and a lifetime 79.3 quarterback rating. He also has a high salary and is in the last year of his contract. What are they thinking?

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It's unbelievable that a team would actually consider taking Winston with the number one overall pick. He has bust written all over him.

I can see him being taken by the Buccaneers, starting right away and being bad. Then he'll be given years to fulfill his "upside."

Ambrose

Master
I'm curious to see where 2,000 yard rusher Zenner is drafted.

To me he's worthy of a second round pick. He'll probably go in the 6th and the team that takes him will get a bargain.

If he gets drafted at all it will be by a team that doesn't need a running back so that they can bury him. The "draft" is more or less planned before it actually takes place. The teams already know who is who and where they are going.

Ambrose

Master
It's unbelievable that a team would actually consider taking Winston with the number one overall pick. He has bust written all over him.

I can see him being taken by the Buccaneers, starting right away and being bad. Then he'll be given years to fulfill his "upside."

Black quarterbacks are never a bust. The teams don't expect the same from them as they would a white quarterback.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Jameis Winston had a TD to INT ratio of 25 to 18. It's amazing that a player with such a poor TD to INT ratio is being considered as the number one pick in the draft.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Black quarterbacks are never a bust. The teams don't expect the same from them as they would a white quarterback.

Yes, black quarterbacks are hardly ever criticized. It's part of our modern society, where blacks are not criticized for anything.

Look at how Russell Wilson choked in the Super Bowl with one of the worst interceptions ever. He got hardly any criticism.

Instead a white man was blamed, the head coach. Wilson threw the interception, not the white head coach. Yet Wilson gets no blame.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jameis Winston had a TD to INT ratio of 25 to 18. It's amazing that a player with such a poor TD to INT ratio is being considered as the number one pick in the draft.

It should be a total red flag for his turnover ratio to increase like that. The ACC is not a great conference and the competition FSU played against was nothing really impressive. The carelessness with the football will catch up to him in the NFL.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It should be a total red flag for his turnover ratio to increase like that. The ACC is not a great conference and the competition FSU played against was nothing really impressive. The carelessness with the football will catch up to him in the NFL.

Winston is being projected as the first quarterback taken. If teams make rational decisions Mariota will be the first quarterback taken and Winston will drop like a stone.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Winston is being projected as the first quarterback taken. If teams make rational decisions Mariota will be the first quarterback taken and Winston will drop like a stone.

Teams don't make rational decisions. Smart decisions do not exist when using the caste system as the only method of drafting players. I think most of us here have seen Jameez as the first overall pick of this draft since he declared due to the caste system and the desire to prop up black QBs. It's a forgone conclusion but it will set Tampa Bay back further and further. These idiotic personnel men and and coaches are all blinded by the caste system.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Teams don't make rational decisions. Smart decisions do not exist when using the caste system as the only method of drafting players. I think most of us here have seen Jameez as the first overall pick of this draft since he declared due to the caste system and the desire to prop up black QBs. It's a forgone conclusion but it will set Tampa Bay back further and further. These idiotic personnel men and and coaches are all blinded by the caste system.

True. I also think teams are heavily influenced by the mainstream media and the mainstream media is decidedly anti-white. So the teams pick it up from there too.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
True. I also think teams are heavily influenced by the mainstream media and the mainstream media is decidedly anti-white. So the teams pick it up from there too.

I totally agree. Over the past 10 years the draft has become a cottage industry producing hundreds of amateur draftniks - 98% of which are lemmings and disciples of Kiper/Mayock/McGay. I have seen some slight dissent this year with some of the writeups of white athletes although it's not as prevalent as I would like. A few Write-ups on guys like Marcus Rush, Davis Tull and Zenner have all somewhat brought up the racial dynamic even if very subtly.