2010 Week 8

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Fahu Tahi? FAHU TAHI??? What a freaking joke! Toby Gerhart is being jerked around big time.

On another note, I think Favre's jaw may be broke.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Leber clearly tackles Welker before the ball gets there, but no penalty for interference is called ... so, he just goes back, gets open again and picks up the first down on the next play. awesome!

Woodhead did a nice job picking up the blitz on the play, by the way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Minnesota defense is hitting people way too early, but Danny Woodhead makes another nice run!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Woodhead with a nice run after the catch tomake a long 3rd down conversion. Green-Ellis is running well today.

snow

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Gerhart picks up 20 on 3rd-and-10. after the catch, heran over a defensive back, to boot.

but...but...but how is that possible? I mean he didn't catch that many passes in college. How is he able to do this as a former outfielder? There is no way he has 5 targets and 5 catches for 67 yards. /sarcasm off

He has proven to be good so far as a 3rd down type back, despite people doubting his blocking and receiving. Hopefully he will be even more involved in the offense next week, with more rushes, Peterson was mediocre tonight averaging 3.6 ypc, but since they fed the ball to him so much he had close to 100 yards rushing. I guess that is all that matters, not the win. It would be nice to see about 10-15 touches for Gerhart with a mixture of passes and runs, with more runs. He had 7 touches this week which was an increase of 2 from last week. He did better than Peterson in the passing game.
Edited by: snow

DWFan

Mentor
Van_Slyke_CF said:
DWFan said:
Thank God for Woodhead. I forgot how boring it could be w/o Hillis.

Yeah, I was really down when I realized Cleveland didn't play today.
smiley19.gif

haha man if you could've told me a year ago that I actually would be thinking that...

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I agree with Troy Aikman, Favre's injury looks to be something more than just a lacerated chin. I have have never seen Favre look so resigned, for lack of a better term.

Patrick

Guru
Mike Wright with 4 sacks in 4 games - 1st Patriot to do that since Seymour.
Pretty good for a guy that is constantly in danger of losing his job.Edited by: Patrick

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Quiet Speed said:
I agree with Troy Aikman, Favre's injury looks to be something more than just a lacerated chin. I have have never seen Favre look so resigned, for lack of a better term.

I think so too.

I have a world of respect for Brett Favre. It's been a lot of fun to watch him over the years.

snow

Mentor
The Saints need to use Heath Evans at runningback to help win against the Steelers. They have been struggling since Bush/Thomas have been out, both can run and receive, thomas the better runner, bush the better receiver. The backup Ivory is a tough runner but can't pass block or receive out of the backfield. I wonder where they could find a tough runner with 4.5 speed that can pass block, average 4 ypc and receive out of the backfield, oh yeah Heath Evans who they have barely used this year. He did it in New England for a few games.

The Saints sumo line has been struggling to give Brees time, so the Saints might have a better chance with Smith and Kiesel out for the game. At least the Saints have Thomas and Shockey who they line up in the slot quite a bit. Shanle should be back from his hamstring injury and Charleston has been seeing more time at DE.

Edited by: snow

alln2

Guru
Gerhart the second receiver on his team with 67 on 5 catches.
Woodhead likewise the second receiver on his team with 45 on 5 catches.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I was never very impressed with Derek Anderson. Why they cut Leinart is beyond me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Beastly games by James Laurinaitis, Paul Posluszny and Kyle Williams today.

Laurinaitis had 7 tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack, 1 interception and 1 pass defense.

Posluszny had 11 tackles, 7 assists, half a sack, and 1 pass defense.

Williams had 6 tackles, 3 assists, and 2 sacks, a fantastic performance by a tackle. Is there a better tackle in the league than Williams? But I'll be very surprised if he makes the Pro Bowl.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Quiet Speed said:

Looked like a broken jaw from the way he reacted unfortunately. Might be the end of the line for him if it is. I sure hope not.