2010 Week 8

Anak

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
The Packers absolute refusal to run the ball with Kuhn is the biggest disappointment this season. It's quite obvious that Kuhn is a better runner than Jackson. Positive yards every time he touches the ball.

There was one play where he was hit in the backfield by at least 2 defenders almost as soon as he received the ball and turned it into about a 5 yard gain.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
on the plus side for the Packers, unless something is wrong with my tv it appears that they have a 4-linebacker Snow Patrol on many plays with Hawk, Matthews, Zombo, and Chillar.
smiley20.gif

and yet another drop by an afflete ... this one on a perfectly thrown ball from Rodgers to James Jones. pathetic.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damn, Brett Swain looks fast as hell covering those punts! i'm curious as to the "official" reason why he's not getting more reps at wideout.

Kaptain

Master
3rd and 1 and John Kuhn watches on the bench as Jackson is stuffed. The Packers deserve to lose.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
on the plus side for the Packers, unless something is wrong with my tv it appears that they have a 4-linebacker Snow Patrol on many plays with Hawk, Matthews, Zombo, and Chillar.
smiley20.gif

<div> </div>
<div>and yet another drop by an afflete ... this one on a perfectly thrown ball from Rodgers to James Jones. pathetic.</div>

I noticed the same thing, Jimmy. They are fast and putting a lot of pressure on Sanchez.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian Hartline with a long catch and then 30 yard end around!
nice speed. so far he has 5 catches for 54 yards

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Mceminem's defense cant stop Troy Smith. The DWFs in San Fran now have their savior at QB
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Clay got a sack on top of 4 tackles, Jordy finished with 5-55. Chillar had a sack, Zombo and Hawk had 5 tackles each.

Anak

Mentor
Greenbay had their first road shut out since 1991, their defense is a treat to watch but the big two negatives about the Packers are they force the ball to afrolete receivers over Nelson, and Jackson is their feature back when his performance doesn't warrant it.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I'm happy to see the Packers shut out the Jets.

I did get tired of the announcers trying to make a "human-interest story" of 400lb. slob Howard Green, though.

Anak

Mentor
Great play by Woodhead which was robbed by a penalty on Alge Crumpler.

snow

Mentor
Yeah that was a nice play by Woodhead. I hope Gerhart's role continues to increase today, he had 5 carries last week, hopefully he can get around 7 or 8 today. It would be nice to see him on more 3rd downs as well, he converted plenty of 3rd and longs in college. 2 white backs in the same game getting significant playing time would be great. It would make sense being that Favre is hurt. Last week they had around 34 run plays, maybe they should increase it to 40, with Gerhart getting at least 10 of them.

Im hoping Woodhead can get 100 yards from scrimmage today, so far he has 15.
Edited by: snow

snow

Mentor
They need to give Gerhart consecutive carries so he can get into a rhythm, its harder to come in once and while with one carry. Its like when i play blackjack, i cant go in with enough to play one hand, I have a good shot of losing and thats it, but if I have enough money to play a few hands, then I can do something. Maybe thats a bad analogy, but it is much harder to come in cold and expect to have a huge rush, probably a 3 to 5 yard rush on the first run. Then after you get into a rhythm you start breaking off a little longer gains. At least that is what I noticed from Gerhart watching him at Stanford.
Edited by: snow

Anak

Mentor
Another direct snap to Woodhead worked, this time for a TD.