2010 Week 8

Bart

Hall of Famer
Anak said:
Another direct snap to Woodhead worked, this time for a TD.

Danny made a nice play in bringing the ball in from the snap that looked way off.

snow

Mentor
Gerhart had a 13 yard reception making 3rd down a little more manageable. I think they should get him involved the passing game. It seems like the blocking isn't as good when he is rushing. Maybe they should take a few shots downfield so the box isn't stacked.

how typical, it seemed like Harvin was out for the game and comes back in several plays later

Edited by: snow

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Gerhart takes a short pass 7 yards to the 1 yard line on 3rd down. It's too bad he couldn't get that one last yard for the TD. Vikes go for it on 4th, and Peterson is stuffed, turned the ball over on downs. I'm glad that AD was the one to get stuffed, although he wn't be blamed. Gerhart would have been pilloried if he had done it.

snow

Mentor
Gerhart with 2 catches for 23 yards, I think its safe to say he is capable of catching the ball. Peterson was stuffed the next play. They should definetely give Gerhart more touches, Peterson already has close to 20 touches at halftime. Don't want to wear him down

Edit: FootballDad you beat me to it.

Id have to look at the play again to see if he couldve given a little extra effort to get in, I doubt it, but he will probably get blamed for not scoring. I don't think he had the leverage, Im sure he gave it his best shot, not sure where the first defender touched him. I am also glad it was Peterson, because Gerhart would have definitely gotten the blame even though the lineman got owned. I have seen Mike Alstott find a way to get in the endzone in that type of situation, so fans would have probably expected Gerhart to do the same even though they are different types of runners.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Gerhart needs a bunch of carries in the second half to get into a good rhythm. It's hard enough to be a rookie, but especially when you're halfway into the season and the team still hasn't defined your role.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brian Hartline had a good game for Miami today with 5 catches for 53 yards, including a 30 yard run.

snow

Mentor
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Gerhart needs a bunch of carries in the second half to get into a good rhythm. It's hard enough to be a rookie, but especially when you're halfway into the season and the team still hasn't defined your role.

I agree. They have been forcefeeding Peterson the ball. I would agree with him getting a bunch of carries if he was having a monster game but he has 21 rushes for 72 yards today with a long of 9, 3.4 ypc. Why continue to run him the ground when you have a capable back up, Im sure Gerhart could at least put up similar numbers.

Moss isn't looking so effective out there, 1 catch for 8 yards so far. Everyone said Matt Jones couldn't be a deep threat and was a possession receiver but when Moss has to run similar routes that Jones had to run in Jacksonville, the production is not as good compared to being used as a deep threat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link guys. I love the old helmets of the Patriots. They should go back to them. Their uniforms look great today.

DWFan

Mentor
Thank God for Woodhead. I forgot how boring it could be w/o Hillis.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Bucs have to be the luckiest team in the league...two INTs returned for TDs are the difference in the game.

snow

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
The Bucs have to be the luckiest team in the league...two INTs returned for TDs are the difference in the game.

who returned them?

snow

Mentor
DWFan said:
Thank God for Woodhead. I forgot how boring it could be w/o Hillis.
They need to give him more carries so he can break off a big gain.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I like on the INT, that the announcer says that the "ball got away from Favre a little bit", trying to place the blame on Favre. It was all Harvin on that one, both hands on the ball, stripped and taken by the defender, Favre through a good ball, Harvin messed up.

snow

Mentor
Yeah that was Harvin's fault.

Woodhead has 40 yards from scrimmage right now, hope he breaks off a 60 yarder.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Gerhart picks up 20 on 3rd-and-10. after the catch, heran over a defensive back, to boot. Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it'd be nice to see Danny break one ...