2009 Cleveland Browns

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This seems like the rare case, without knowing more, of a White player acting as stupidly as an afflete. Roth became an instant starter in Cleveland and should still be one this year after going nowhere in Miami. He ought to work on continuing to salvage his career instead of demanding a trade:

Browns GM Tom Heckert said Monday that the team will not trade OLB Matt Roth,
despite Roth's unhappiness in Cleveland. If Roth were smart, he would've requested a
trade
before the draft. He's not going anywhere now. "It's not going to
happen," Heckert promised, adding that Roth has "no" leverage in the matter. The
Browns are deep at outside linebacker, so they'll have no trouble withstanding
Roth's offseason absence

backrow

Hall of Famer
he should shut up, play this season lights out and then try and get traded or get a bigger contract, with some actual leverage.
Browns have Fujita and Trusnik that will vie for a starting spot as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The squib below from Rotoworld isnot a joke, repeat, not a joke, though it's impossiblenot to have laughable contempt at the NFL and itsway over the topracial spoils system.

Browns signed WR Bobby Engram. The Browns had as much need for a veteran receiver as any team in the league, but Engram is hardly the solution. The 37-year-old lasted only five games with the receiver-needy Chiefs last season, catching just five passes. Though Engram is a favorite of team president Mike Holmgren, he's a longshot to beat out Chansi Stuckey for the slot receiver job. He's far from a lock to make the final roster.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The squib below from Rotoworld isnot a joke, repeat, not a joke, though it's impossiblenot to have laughable contempt at the NFL and itsway over the topracial spoils system.

Browns signed WR Bobby Engram. The Browns had as much need for a veteran receiver as any team in the league, but Engram is hardly the solution. The 37-year-old lasted only five games with the receiver-needy Chiefs last season, catching just five passes. Though Engram is a favorite of team president Mike Holmgren, he's a longshot to beat out Chansi Stuckey for the slot receiver job. He's far from a lock to make the final roster.
It is laughable. But considering that his competition for the slot receiver job is Chansi Stuckey(??) he might have a shot!! Heaven forbid that they bring in a quality available receiver who might actually have a future, like Chris McGaha instead of this washed up, caste-spoils receiver.

backrow

Hall of Famer
oooor... Kevin Curtis, who according to this clown:

Tony Grossi

I don't think Curtis is going to stretch the field against anyone. If the Browns had any desire to acquire Curtis, they would have done so before OTAs.

(might be true about lack of interest from Browns, but the first part is BS!)

he does mention that as well:

Hey, Tony: Do you know the status of Peyton Hillis? Is he sick? Injured? Did I read correctly that he'll be ready for training camp? -- Greg Dineen, Middletown

Hey, Greg: Hillis missed a substantial portion of OTAs, and the mandatory minicamp, with an illness that the club declined to disclose. The media were told that Hillis had a bad cold and he was expected to be ready for the start of training camp.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
From Rotoworld:

pixel.gif

Coach Eric Mangini said Monday that the Browns' starting quarterback job
is Jake Delhomme's to lose.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain"> Just
five weeks ago, Mangini said he wasn't ready to name Delhomme his
starter. But after impressing all spring, the declining veteran will
head to camp with a major leg up on Seneca Wallace. Still, it would be a
surprise if Delhomme kept the job all season and he isn't even on the
radar as a QB2. Delhomme, who has virtually no real weapons to work with
in Cleveland, showed poor arm strength and atrocious decision-making
with the Panthers last season.
</div>
Senece Wallace is his main competition. Hmm!!!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Colt McCoy is the Browns QB of the future but Delhomme is servicable for now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think Delhomme is going to surprise a lot of people this season, the same people who are always surprised when young White quarterbacks who don't immediately start off like Hall of Famers turn out be very capable starters and more, and who are quick to write veteran White QBs off as finished (Kurt Warner being a great recent example).

Jake's biggest potential drawback is the team's receiving corps. Last year Brian Robiskie was unanimously proclaimed as the "most NFL ready" receiver in the draft. He ended his rookie year with 7 catches. But once again the Caste media hype machine has lined up behind Robiskie, repeating incessantly the line of how improved he looks over last year. We'll see. But Robiskie, Massaquoi, Cribbs and company leave a lot to be desired.

But the Browns do have a very good o-line and look deep at RB, so deep that Peyton Hillis will probably have to see the "Miracle of 2008" (six black running backs felled by injury) repeated to have a significant role in the offense.Edited by: Don Wassall

JReb1

Mentor
I agree with Don, I fully expect Jake to have a resurgent season this year and probably 2-3 more. I think Jake will be just as good as Warner and Montana were after they were also written off. A QB that's been successful and really good/great for a long period of time will still be just as good if not better than when the were younger (as long as they're healthy) because there's nothing like having successful experience as an NFL QB. I'll be pulling for Jake and hoping that Colt is smart waits his turn and learns everything he can from Jake so he'll have a much better chance at being a successful NFL QB learning how to be a great QB from one of the bests.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Delhomme will have virtually no wide receivers to throw to ... which is weird, because somehow all of these chumps were allegedly "phenomenal" when the "experts" were "scouting" them. how exactly does that work, anyhow?

oh, wait. they all have that magical quality made possible only by excessive melanin.
smiley2.gif

but i suspect that their horrid lack of ability to actually play the game of football will be overlooked if the Brown(skin)s stink it up, because of course it will be Whitey's fault. in this case, if Cleveland struggles i would guess that all the blame will likely be focused squarely on the broad, White shoulders of Delhomme.

TwentyTwo

Master
Really thought Jordan Shipley would end up in Cleveland...guess I should have known better. Why/how did they let a good WR like Furrey get away?? They actually had him playing some DB at the end of the season.Eric Decker(minus foot injury)could have easily come in and made a impact/if not an instant starter!

Yeah Don...when they made that claim about Robiskie being the most ready...I said "no way"!

Hopingthe best for Delhomme...but yall are right; he has no WR's to throw to.

I don't see rookie RB-Hardesty being durable enough to last the full 16 game season; Harrison is not big enough to carry the full load...have a feeling they will need Hillis when all is said and done!

whiteCB

Master
TwentyTwo said:
Really thought Jordan Shipley would end up in Cleveland...guess I should have known better. Why/how did they let a good WR like  Furrey get away?? They actually had him playing some DB at the end of the season. Eric Decker(minus foot injury) could have easily come in and made a impact/if not an instant starter!
<div> </div>
<div>Yeah Don...when they made that claim about Robiskie being the most ready...I said "no way"!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Hoping the best for Delhomme...but yall are right; he has no WR's to throw to. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I don't see rookie RB-Hardesty being durable enough to last the full 16 game season; Harrison is not big enough to carry the full load...have a feeling they will need Hillis when all is said and done!</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>

You're forgetting the Browns team president is caste whore Mike Holmgren and their GM is former Eagles black afflete lovin' Tom Heckert. There's no way the Browns would ever get a white WR with those 2 clowns running the show. Also I don't think Hillis would be on the team unless Mangini was there. It's funny how as soon as Holmgren hires Heckert they totally dismiss the Browns RB depth with Harrison/Hillis and go straight for nothing too special Montario Hardesty in the draft. The Cleveland media has been allover Hardesty's balls since day 1. Hillis is really going to have to kick some a$$ in exhibition games in order to get some good playing time this yr.