2009 Cleveland Browns

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer

Alworth No.19

Leonardfan said:
Quinn is the antithesis of what the DWFans and media want to see succeed. The media hyped up Russell before the 2007 draft. Labeled Quinn a roboqb and pretty boy. I like Quinn, think he can be a good QB if given a chance.

Quinn has gotten seriously screwed by the Browns - benched in favor of QB whose rating is even lower than Russell's, all so management could avoid paying Quinn his performance bonus. This really seems to be payback for his rookie holdout. The union should really be filing a grievance on Quinn's behalf, especially if he significantly outplays Anderson now that he has been given a second chance to start.

Alworth No.19

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Alworth No.19 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Seems like another afflete is not happy with his coach. Jamal Lewis is attacking Mangini and saying practices are too hard. Isn't that what these clowns get paid millions of dollars for?http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81422dcc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I wasn't aware that he is retiring next season. It looks like a good team for Toby Gerhart.

Lewis has been washed up since he got out of the slammer.
Lewis was washed up before he went into the slammer. He had that too-many-carries Larry Johnson thing going on.
I noticed in the story that the "classy" Jamal hasn't gone to coach Mangini (not one of my favorite caste-clown coaches, anyway) to address the "too tough" practices, instead, he goes directly to the media, so that he can make his head coach look bad! After all, this is the SOB coach that replaced the beloved Romeo Crennel, and we know that black guys "play better" for a black coach!

Bear Backer

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Seems like another afflete is not happy with his coach.  Jamal Lewis is attacking Mangini and saying practices are too hard.  Isn't that what these clowns get paid millions of dollars for? http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81422dcc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I wasn't aware that he is retiring next season.  It looks like a good team for Toby Gerhart.

Suck it up buttercup.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jason Trusnik has started the past two games at outside linebacker for the Browns.

"I think we really got someone special here that we can develop," coordinator Rob Ryan said of the Braylon Edwards trade throw-in. "He'll be a final part of our defense for years to come." Trusnik is coming off an eight-tackle game after pushing David Bowens back inside.
Source: Canton Repository

guest301

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Jason Trusnik has started the past two games at outside linebacker for the Browns.

"I think we really got someone special here that we can develop," coordinator Rob Ryan said of the Braylon Edwards trade throw-in. "He'll be a final part of our defense for years to come." Trusnik is coming off an eight-tackle game after pushing David Bowens back inside.
Source: Canton Repository

See what happens when a white special teams demon gets a chance to play his natural position. He more times than not will shine.

referendum

Mentor
Based on the stats, it looks like both Matt Roth and Jason Trusnik were starters yesterday. Hopefully this will stay the case, and we may witness the Browns go from zero white starters on defense to two, which is sadly above average in today's NFL.

backrow

Hall of Famer
and now they have Matt Roth as well, who started with less than a week of prep after they claimed him off Dolphins waiver wire.

"Roth's weird week

Matt Roth, claimed off waivers Wednesday, gave the Browns a sack on Cincinnati's first series Sunday. Jason Trusnik, picked up on Oct. 7 in the Braylon Edwards trade, gave the Browns a tackle for loss six days later and a sack in his second game.

Roth's sack helped hold the Bengals to a field goal. He made a tackle on the second series that led to a punt.

"I liked getting thrown into the fire,"Â￾ Roth said. "It was fun."Â￾

One of Roth's uncles died during the week, at about the time Roth was moving from Miami to Cleveland.

"It's been a rough week,"Â￾ he said."

so basically they have two starting LBs from recovering discarded players. and look at what Trusnik is doing! starting at ILB he has 39 tackles, 2 sacks through 5 games that he started for them. too bad he wasted 2 seasons on Jets.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have a dream. Toby Gerhart gets drafted by the Browns to replace the aging Jamal Lewis who will likely retire next year.

Taco

Guru
guest301 said:
I have a dream. Toby Gerhart gets drafted by the Browns to replace the aging Jamal Lewis who will likely retire next year.

I want Gerhart to go to the Pats. Belichik will know how to use him correctly.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Belichick has been using RBBCs of 3 and 4 runners in recent years. I'm not sure that would be Toby's ideal landing spot.

referendum

Mentor
With black starter Pool suffering a concussion, maybe even Ventrone or Nick Sorenson could get the start at safety next week.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Belichick has been using RBBCs of 3 and 4 runners in recent years.  I'm not sure that would be Toby's ideal landing spot.

exactly, Pats haven't had a featured back for a while, and he would not be a good fit to their offense.

referendum

Mentor
The Browns continue the whitening up process by activating Evan Moore, yet another white wide receiver.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll give Mangini and whoever is the GM now some credit for realizing that the all-black formula was not going to work with the Browns. The Browns started the season with a coal black defense but were playing four Whites at various times last night -- Tresnik, Roth, Furrey and Schaefering. Evan Moore was brought off the practice squad and instantly became the best receiver on the team. Like the Chiefs and Raiders, the Browns have gone Whiter in-season and have become noticeably more competitive instead of being weekly doormats.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I'll give Mangini and whoever is the GM now some credit for realizing that the all-black formula was not going to work with the Browns.  The Browns started the season with a coal black defense but were playing four Whites at various times last night -- Tresnik, Roth, Furrey and Schaefering.  Evan Moore was brought off the practice squad and instantly became the best receiver on the team.  Like the Chiefs and Raiders, the Browns have gone Whiter in-season and have become noticeably more competitive instead of being weekly doormats. 

I agree. Let's see how whiter the Browns get with 11 draft picks next year.

Don Wassall said:
I'll give Mangini and whoever is the GM now some credit for realizing that the all-black formula was not going to work with the Browns.  The Browns started the season with a coal black defense but were playing four Whites at various times last night -- Tresnik, Roth, Furrey and Schaefering.  Evan Moore was brought off the practice squad and instantly became the best receiver on the team.  Like the Chiefs and Raiders, the Browns have gone Whiter in-season and have become noticeably more competitive instead of being weekly doormats. 

"Evan Moore was brought off the practice squad and instantly became the best receiver on the team."

I really like that sentence.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hope Mangini uses 6-7 picks next year on white players. He could use a WR like Decker and an RB like Toby for sure.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i guess Browns will get darker now:

Mike Holmgren met with the Browns on Monday afternoon and evening, according to the Akron Beacon-Journal.

Holmgren and the Browns are expected to continue talking Tuesday about a job as the team's football "czar." Holmgren has said he wants to be "very active" in his new role, but it's unclear if he would coach the team. It seems more likely that Holmgren would just oversee the football operations like Bill Parcells does in Miami. This could signal the end of the brief yet disasterous Eric Mangini era.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
oh geeze, Holmgren was overrated IMO and a total follower of the caste system.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Oh dang! Now the Browns will never get any whiter than they are now. Mike Holmgren will make sure the future Browns look like his old Seahawks teams, with the White QB, 2-3 white O-Lineman, white TE, and one token white defensive starter, and thats it in terms of starters.
smiley11.gif

foobar75

Master
It's too bad this overrated fat-a$$ is allowed to continue with his caste-mastery in Cleveland now for the foreseeble future. He was a mediocre coach in Seattle, he had one great season (2006) and another good one in 2007, and that's it.

Just take a look at the mess he left behind in Seattle, as the mostly black team under another caste-clown Jim Mora is one of the worst teams in the league.

Edited by: foobar75

Borussia

Guru
Yes, Holmgren was always a jerk to white players. Do you know his family are big time born agains and love to go to the 3rd world to save nonwhite souls?

Browns have indeed been much better with more white players getting time to play.
I'm gonna support Mangini on this example. Maybe Mangini has had his eyes open?

Holmgren hates White players