2009 Cleveland Browns

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here is a list of all the white athletes that have made the 2009 Cleveland Browns

QB
Brady Quinn
Derek Anderson
Brett Ratliff

RB/FB
None

WR
Mike Furrey

TE
Steve Heiden

G
Eric Steinbach

C
Hank Fraley
Alex Mack

OT
Joe Thomas

DL
None

LB
Blake Costanzo

DB
Nick Sorensen

P
Dave Zastudil

K
Phil Dawson

LS
Ryan Pontriband

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Derrick Anderson has 11 completions in the past two games, while the Browns so-called "receivers" have at least 15 drops. Absolutely incredible.

Anderson is 11-for-41 for 145 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions the last two games. The receivers have dropped at least 15 balls in those games. Harrison blew blitz pickup Sunday that led to back-to-back fumbles by Anderson.
http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2009/10/20/changes-bring-no-change-browns-offense-still-sputtering-despite-multitude-of-moves/

Tom Iron

Mentor
For whatever it's worth, Jason Trusnik had seven tackles and a sack leading the Browns defensively. He's one of the lucky guys who got away from the Jets.

Tom Iron...

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I've greatly enjoyed watching Eric Mangini squirm at his post-game press conferences. He talks in an emotionless monotone, detailing why his Browns are among the worst in a league full of turd-franchises. I'm not sure if Mangini will make it through the season.

Brian Robiskie, after looking decent at OSU, has played even worse than Darrius Hayward-Bey. Mohommed Massaquoi looks like Plaxico Burris with even less athleticism and speed (and Burris didnt have much of either).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, Mike Hass is still available, languishing on the Seachickens' practice squad. I'm sure that he would catch the balls that Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn throw.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Quinn should be starting.  The Browns need a serious makeover after this season. 

whiteCB

Master
I think ownership needs a makeover. Randy Lerner is the guy who's been running the show and has had ZERO success. An organization's success starts at the top and the top of the Brown's organization is led by a loser. Talk about a team that has no direction.

Oh and they won't play Quinn because if he has a certain amount of snaps played a incentive kicks in that pays him like 10 million. Edited by: whiteCB

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Quinn is getting a bad deal.  First he got drafted late in the first round when he was expected to be a top 10 pick.  Now he is on a bad team with no receivers and sitting on the bench.

referendum

Mentor
Looks like Jason Trusnik will be starting, now that Eric Barton is going on IR, thereby causing a shuffling of Linebackers. Thats one less all black NFL defense.

G

Someone contact this castaculous group of losers and mention, no tell them that Hass is available.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Brady Quinnis back to being the starter this week for the Brownies. He'll have the always reliable
smiley2.gif
Mohamed Massaquoi and Joshua Cribbs to throw to, along with clutch TE Robert Royal. He'll also have the pleasure of handing off to stellar RB Jamal Lewis and might get a block or two, if he's lucky, from Lawrence Vickers. Makes you envious of this guy, right?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for him.  I think he and Derek Anderson would be good quarterbacks if they had decent receivers.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Besides that, I think that Brian Daboll is in over his head as the OC. Here is guy who played as a defender, started his coaching career on D, then inexplicably started working with receivers and QBs. From QB coach (2 years) to OC, and he didn't seem very good as the QB coach from his work with Brett Favre and the Jets. If you had that supporting cast and had to run Daboll's offense, it would be tough.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here we are more than midway through the season and the Rams have only put up a total of 77 points and the Browns and Raiders 78.  Those numbers are disgusting.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Does this mean that they Brownies could beat the Rams?
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know but both offenses are terrible.   The Rams have always had an explosive offense but not anymore.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Rooting for Brady Quinn to somehow shine this Monday night against the Ravens even with the two rookie starting WR's. It's way too early to label Quinn a bust at this point.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I  want him to succeed but it is almost impossible with the team they have right now.  I don't think Manning or Brady would even be good in Cleveland.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I don't like to be negative, but I have to concur with WA33's assessment. Under the leadership of Mangini, the coordinating of Daboll, and with the current collection of "skill" players (Furrey being a possible exception), it's grim for the Browns.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Steve Young in his prime couldn't save the Browns and he was one of the most accurate qb's of all time.  If Furrey was starting at least they would have a reliable receiver to pick up some first downs. 

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Quinn is the antithesis of what the DWFans and media want to see succeed. The media hyped up Russell before the 2007 draft. Labeled Quinn a roboqb and pretty boy. I like Quinn, think he can be a good QB if given a chance.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Quinn would seem to be a better fit for their offense. But no QB is going to look anything but bad on a team with no talent at receiver and a cement-footed RB. The first year expansion Browns of 1999 were better than this team.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jamal Lewis is a top flight NFL runningback.  He has racked up 349 yards so far with a 3.6 yards per carry average.  Surely Woohead would do much better.