You might like this

Sean

Mentor
I don't follow basketball at all except for a few white players I'm familiar with, but I thought you guys might like this:

Video

A white English street-baller outclasses NBA player Devin Harris.
smiley32.gif

This comes after Lebron loses a game of HORSE to a white fan as well.

bigunreal

Mentor
I would guess that most middle-aged businessmen could beat the average NBA player at HORSE. There is no other known group in the country that is as bad at shooting the basketball as are NBA players.

A few years back, I caught some of a live halftime game of HORSE (think it was during the All-Star game) between two retired "greats"- Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas. It was a fantastic comedic performance, as neither of these "legends" could make a single shot, and eventually the cameras just turned away from the game, after lots of good-natured joking from the announcers. At no point did the jock-sniffers covering this game make note of how bad these Hall of Famers were shooting. They are both younger than me, but I would bet everything I own that I could destroy them in HORSE.

Related to this story is an anecdote from a Harlem Globetrotters game I took my son to about five years ago. I was astonished at how unimpressive their "tricks" were. The new "star" of the Globetrotters kept trying his trademark shot, which was a nearly blind hook shot from half court. He must have tried this shot more than a dozen times, and never came close to making it. I could only speculate that all of the fantastic moves we see the Globetrotters perform on television are the result of some generous editing, because watching them live was very, very boring.

The NBA made a classic mistake in broadcasting that game of HORSE live; they should have taped hours of shooting, which obviously would have been necessary to accumulate enough impressive footage for broadcast.

Sean

Mentor
I agree. The real skills needed for Basketball (shooting) are severly lacking amongst the affletes in the NBA. My Biomechanics professor was just saying the other day how he was amazed that these pro's can't even make free throws!