Worst white highlight omissions

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am working on a book on racial stereotyping in sports. Can anyone help me out by giving me some of the worst examples of whites having a fantastic game or making a fantastic play being left out of sports highlights on ESPN and other media sources? ESPN's and NFL.com's ignoring of Leonard's 100 yard game comes to mind, any others? I would really appreciate the help, thanks!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here, I found this great Post by Jimmy C that is a good example of a white highlight omission. I also noticed that often times ESPN will ignore a white NFL skill player completely. I saw highlights of Matt Jones' drop in the end-zone from that game early in the season on ESPN, but there wasn't much made of Kevin Curtis's huge 200 yard day this season on sports center and Brian Leonard's 100 yard game was completely ignored on sports center and on NFL.com. Yet we don't here the media harping on the repeated drops of media darling Bernard Berrian in Chicago or the numerous other blacks that drop a pass almost every week. And did ESPN show Matt Jones 30+ yard TD from today that would clearly showcase his jaw dropping speed? I'm going to guess not.

This is all part of the corrupt media's agenda for disparaging whites in athletics. After all we're talking about an organization (ESPN) that ranks Sam McGuffie as a three star prospect with their recruiting services, which is even worse than Rivals.
smiley11.gif

Jimmy Chitwood said:
ESPN refuses to show white athletes that break their stereotypical views.

i watched the West Virginia-Auburn game on monday night, on ESPN no less!, and saw the nastiest dunk so far this year... yet, somehow the dunk didn't make the Top 10 Plays of the Day on Sportscenter...

West Virginia's Joe Alexander literally looked down into the rim as he dunked an alley oop... the game showed multiple replays of the aerial feat, the two announcers raved about Joe's athleticism, and yet NO sign of it was to be seen on Sportscenter's Top Plays... how odd.

but it happens all the time.
smiley5.gif

you can see the dunk here. click on 'Auburn Highlights' and the video starts after the commercial. Joe has a couple of dunks and several highlights on it (as does sharp shooter Alex Ruoff), but the nasty one is at the 1:15 mark. enjoy, not courtesy of Sportscenter.
smiley4.gif

Sorry for reposting, but I would like to see as many examples of these posted here if you guys could help me with this, thanks!
smiley4.gif

Angelcynn

Guru
I can't pick out anything in particular, but I've noticed they will oftenly skip out a TD from a white guy in the NFL.coms highlights.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There was an example given by another poster (sorry I forget who) in the boxing thread of how Yahoo's picture of the Bernard Hopkins/ Joe Calzaghe fight showed Calzaghe taking a head punch. This picture was shown as the pic of the fight despite the fact Calzaghe won. Yahoo is notorious for their support of everything black. This is the company that owns "Caucasian Rivals." One Yahoo writer actually said Hopkins should have gotten the decision, despite the fact that virtually every sports writer agreed that Calzaghe won the fight.

I believe Fox Sports had shown a Pic of the Jermaine Taylor/ Kelly Pavlik fight with Kelly taking a punch despite his victory, but I'm not so sure it was done purposely like I believe "black power" Yahoo's picture was done.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
There was an example given by another poster (sorry I forget who) in the boxing thread of how Yahoo's picture of the Bernard Hopkins/ Joe Calzaghe fight showed Calzaghe taking a head punch. This picture was shown as the pic of the fight despite the fact Calzaghe won. Yahoo is notorious for their support of everything black. This is the company that owns "Caucasian Rivals." One Yahoo writer actually said Hopkins should have gotten the decision, despite the fact that virtually every sports writer agreed that Calzaghe won the fight.

I believe Fox Sports had shown a Pic of the Jermaine Taylor/ Kelly Pavlik fight with Kelly taking a punch despite his victory, but I'm not so sure it was done purposely like I believe "black power" Yahoo's picture was done.

I noticed that too, initially Yahoo didn't even mention the fight in any of it's top 10 sports stories, there were lots of news on Danica Patrick though because as we all know Indy car racing is waaaay more popular then boxing in America.
smiley5.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah Yahoo is an extremely anti-white site, I'm not surprised they originally buried the Joe Calzaghe victory (I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't have tried that if Hopkins won.) How could they not be "white haters" when they are the owners of "Caucasian Rivals." Their profile of John McCain under "about John McCain" was extremely anti-Republican.

I think I know what the political leanings of Jerry Yang and his co-partner are. I'd be interested to see who they donate too. I'd guess its along the likes of Barack Obama, Planned Parenthood, The People for the American way, Americans for separation of Church and State (yeah you idiots it's already separated; they just want to expunge Christianity completely from our society) Moveon.org etc. etc.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins