World Baseball Classic 2023

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Like most sports lately I haven't been able to watch much including The World Baseball Classic. However, I did watch some of the opening game. Enough to see Kyle Schwarber hit a massive homerun and other white stars such as Mike Trout, Trea Truner, reining NL MVP Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado, (I think he's white) and pitcher Adam Wainright star. The only one missing is Bryce Harper. Out with a rotator cuff injury until June or July. It was a joy seeing a group of white athletes high fiving each other and enjoying their opening win over Great Britain. Hard to believe this group lost to Mexico in game 2, but bounced back last night in a 12-1 trouncing of Canada as Trout hit a HR and had 3 RBI. Team USA is off tonight and plays Columbia on Wednesday. They have to win to move on.
Three days into the Team USA camp, manager Mike DeRosa was asked which player stood out most to him after seeing them up close.
"MIKE TROUT" DeRosa says. We have a lot of great players, but even among this group there's NOBODY like him. Nobody looks like him. Nobody plays like him. When he hits the ball it's like somebody hitting a 2-iron. It's just different.
Mike Trout no doubt the GOAT of this generation in MLB. Looking forward to the regular season and hoping he stays healthy.

Flint

Mentor
One of the prime time match ups they have showed this week is Israel vs. Dominican Republic. I'm not sure how Isreal has enough guys to field a team? Probably anyone that has donated to the Ukrainian jews fund or Jews for Jesus gets a roster spot.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Thankfully, team USA has Mike Trout as they eeked out a win last night against Columbia 3-2. Trout was 3-4 and drove in all 3 runs for The Americans. Mookie Betts did his part as well going 2-4 and scoring 2 runs in the lead off position.
Team USA moves on to face 4-0 Venezuela in the quarterfinals Saturday night in Miami.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
One of the prime time match ups they have showed this week is Israel vs. Dominican Republic. I'm not sure how Isreal has enough guys to field a team? Probably anyone that has donated to the Ukrainian jews fund or Jews for Jesus gets a roster spot.
I would like to report Venezuela to the ADL for kicking Israel’s ass.

Bucky

Hall of Famer

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner Grand Slam to give Team USA a 9-7 lead over Venezuela in the eighth inning.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner Grand Slam to give Team USA a 9-7 lead over Venezuela in the eighth inning.
Trea Turner hits his 3rd HR of the WBC to give Team USA a 3-1 lead over Cuba going into the third inning of a semi-final game. Paul Goldschmidt has also homered. Trout has hit the ball hard the first two at bats but right at the outfielders just missing a home run of his own.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner hits his 3rd HR of the WBC to give Team USA a 3-1 lead over Cuba going into the third inning of a semi-final game. Paul Goldschmidt has also homered. Trout has hit the ball hard the first two at bats but right at the outfielders just missing a home run of his own.
Turner another HR. His 4th of the WBC and Trout drives in a run as Team USA is up now 13-2 in the seventh Barring a total collapse, they are headed to the finals.

I find it interesting that MLB is full of Hispanic blacks, while only a small handful of the top Japanese prospects get a shot. Yet, in international play, Japan is right there with the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, etc. I have to wonder if this is a bit of a "caste effect".

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I always thought when Japanese players were given the opportunities they were impressive in mlb. For example Ichiro Suzuki though slight of build had a terrific arm, was quite fast, and just was exciting to watch play. Wouldn’t surprise me at all

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner again!! HR in the top of the second to give Team USA a 1-0 lead. JT Realmuto got his sixth hit in 9 AB's. .667 AVG. in the classic.
Turner 5 HR's so far in WBC.
Mike Trout doubled in the top of the first, but was left stranded.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner again!! HR in the top of the second to give Team USA a 1-0 lead. JT Realmuto got his sixth hit in 9 AB's. .667 AVG. in the classic.
Turner 5 HR's so far in WBC.
Mike Trout doubled in the top of the first, but was left stranded.

This guy is just in the ZONE. That baseball looks the size of a volleyball to him as he is on FIRE! Great to see from such an exciting
young player! Go USA!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Top of the ninth and two of the best players in MLB and one arguably the GOAT come up down 3-2. Mookie Betts hits into a double play and Mike Trout strikes out. What a disappointment!
USA loses to Japan. Feeling really bad for Trout. I hope this doesn't carry into the regular season.

booth

Mentor
Top of the ninth and two of the best players in MLB and one arguably the GOAT come up down 3-2. Mookie Betts hits into a double play and Mike Trout strikes out. What a disappointment!
USA loses to Japan. Feeling really bad for Trout. I hope this doesn't carry into the regular season.
Carolina Speed, I also feel bad for Trout, but I don't think there is anybody in Baseball who could have hit that last 100 mph slider.