Winter storms not black enough

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
WND Exclusive Commentary Winter storms just not black enough Posted: January 23, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

When it comes to oleaginousness, Bryant Gumbel is second only to Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., for viscidity. But it appears Gumbel may well have had a point when he opined that the Winter Olympics was too white to be interesting. His exact point being: Who wants to watch a bunch of white people since it is blacks who are responsible for the entertainment value?

To his point, "dat mus' be dah case," because even with an ever increasing number of dead and missing, and with losses into the billions of dollars due to a spate of devastating snow and ice storms that have crippled nine states, we see no politicians nor so-called civic leaders rushing to the National Press Club or gathering on the Capitol steps to blame President Bush for the blizzards or loss of property and life ala hurricane Katrina.

In the absence of black people on a bridge, it apparently doesn't matter how other Americans perish or suffer catastrophic loss.

(Column continues below)

Winter storms just not black enough

Alpha Male

Mentor
Kudos to this writer, but I've noticed that only black writers get a pass to write this openly. If this was writtern by a white man, well, you can just imagine...

I dislike George Bush. However, I do not blame the problems that hurricane Katrina caused when it hit NO. This was an act of god and the mayor of the city and the gov of the state are to blame.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
That reminds me of that south park episode where the dam gave way after the kids crashed their boat into it, and everybody was blaming George Bush