Will Tim Tebow eventually replace Sanchez as the starting qb?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Do you guys think the Jets are ever going to start Tebow? They have only let him throw one pass all year. It is a digrace to his talent and I feel sorry for him being stuck in that ny cesspool. It could be a career killer if he doen'st get to play soon. Let's hope the team strugggles continue and he plays soon. The least they could do is play him at running back.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Jets' owner Woody Johnson reportedly is already pushing for Tebow to start, so unless Sanchez makes a quick turnaround, not very likely given his limitations and the mostly lousy talent the Jets have on offense, Tebow should get a shot to start at some point this season.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Jets' owner Woody Johnson reportedly is already pushing for Tebow to start, so unless Sanchez makes a quick turnaround, not very likely given his limitations and the mostly lousy talent the Jets have on offense, Tebow should get a shot to start at some point this season.
Also Ryan is battling to keep his job. If the "Sanchize" doesn't put together a winning streak and looks anemic while losing this will force Ryan to play Tebow.

Tom Iron

Mentor
white is right, I'd imagine Tebow will either get his chance starting next week after the beating they'll take Monday night, or at the latest, the week after.

Tom Iron...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here's an article from a Yahoo sports writer in regards to this subject, it's pretty humorous as well. I did find this statistic line to be interesting, as did the writer:

After another precarious performance by Sanchez in a 23-17 defeat to the Houston Texans on Monday night, many devout Tebowites were left wondering what on earth could be keeping their hero from getting a shot. They found their answer in a series of eerily profane numbers: Sanchez, who wears jersey No. 6, has six touchdown passes and six interceptions so far. He's averaging 6.6 yards per attempt, and his longest completion is 66 yards. His passer rating: 66.6.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I am not sure if Tebow will get a chance to start, they are trying to make him dissapear, similar to other great White athletes that have played wr, rb etc, the only difference is that Tebow is high profile qb, except he is a running qb. Every day there is some sort of segment on Tebow, with only Skip defending him, of course he is the one guy nobody can stand. The false notion that he can't play quarterback is repeated so often that it has become ingrained in the minds of dwfs. They talk about adopting his college offense for him, they took one play, the basic zone read, thats it, and predictable play calling from the 70's and 80's, run, run, pass. Those guys didn't have high completion percentages, and their ratings weren't that great, and I am not sure if there was the same amount of dropped passes during that time period. Meanwhile Newton and Griffin have tons of high completion percentage passes like screens etc, all little dump offs to the backs and tight ends.

His offense last year was nothing like this:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-the-diversity-of-carolinas-zone-read-package

or this
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-using-rg3s-college-offense-with-the-redskins

Tebow was able to do fine as a passer in college, one would think that it would translate to the NFL if they were using the same concepts.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rex Ryan is a stubborn moron - he still refuses to acknowledge Sanchez is a mediocre QB and is going to stick with him.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I want to know where thed hell are all these packages they were supposed to have for him? he doesn't even get 10 snaps under center, he might get one or two carries now and then, its obvious they don't practice these a lot during the week because the execution from the rest of the team is sloppy when they put him in for the "wildcat". You have to practice it to make it work, and run it at least 15 to 20 times a game, being that its the option he might see 10 carries at the most. I know when they used the zone read play last year with Denver most of the time the defender chose to come at Tebow just to get a hit, so McGahee got a ton of more carries than him when running it.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The Jets won't use him.
They said they would use him, and they haven't.
He needs to go to another team

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I dont think a new team will make a difference. I dont think the NFL will ever let him have success. He is the ultimate caste buster in all the wrong ways. Most importantly is the Christianity. He truly represents what the elites fear more than anything else in the world. They cant have a strong Christian role model for little white kids to look up to. Id love to have to eat these words, and admit I was wrong one day, but I doubt I will have to.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Jeremy Lin presented the same problem.
A very devout Christian, who had an incredible string of performances that saved his team (just like Tebow), and then before you know it - he's gone to another team!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I want to know where thed hell are all these packages they were supposed to have for him? he doesn't even get 10 snaps under center, he might get one or two carries now and then, its obvious they don't practice these a lot during the week because the execution from the rest of the team is sloppy when they put him in for the "wildcat". You have to practice it to make it work, and run it at least 15 to 20 times a game, being that its the option he might see 10 carries at the most. I know when they used the zone read play last year with Denver most of the time the defender chose to come at Tebow just to get a hit, so McGahee got a ton of more carries than him when running it.
I think the Jets could use him the way OU used their qb in their red zone on Saturday or when he was the under study to Chris Leak in his freshman season. Why bother to trade for him at all if they are going to use him less than a fullback or about the same as a third string tailback(especially when you made a big deal of his versatility when the trade happened). :thumbdown:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
They cant have a strong Christian role model for little white kids to look up to.

Wes makes a good point. The anti-whites don't want white children to have white role models.

This is one reason why they want as few white football players as possible.

Gibbon

Guru
What kind of diseased cuckold fetish does Ryan have for Sanchez?

That is f-ed up. Reminds me of this loser boss I had who I believe was trying to get me to sleep with his wife. She was flirting heavily with me and he was condoning it. It seemed to be a fantasy. They appeared to be swingers. Very unpleasant.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That is f-ed up. Reminds me of this loser boss I had who I believe was trying to get me to sleep with his wife. She was flirting heavily with me and he was condoning it. It seemed to be a fantasy. They appeared to be swingers. Very unpleasant.
Ryan must be a fan of Entourage. Even Vinny Chase wasn't that smooth of an operator..... Note this is an R scene from HBO...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgwG18lkcik :scared:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer