Will China Take Taiwan in the Next Few Years?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
China is going to rule Taiwan sooner or later. It's part of China's natural sphere of influence, not Washington's and certainly is not worth risking a world war over. It should be turned over in a peaceful way just the way Hong Kong was 25 years ago, after a long transition time was initiated. Hong Kong is still thriving economically and there's no reason Taiwan can't also.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
China is going to rule Taiwan sooner or later. It's part of China's natural sphere of influence, not Washington's and certainly is not worth risking a world war over. It should be turned over in a peaceful way just the way Hong Kong was 25 years ago, after a long transition time was initiated. Hong Kong is still thriving economically and there's no reason Taiwan can't also.
True, and there is no need to risk a nuclear war over Taiwan.

However, Biden recently said the US will defend Taiwan military.

Rather frightening that US has a president with senile dementia.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Biden doesn’t know what day it is let alone whether or not we are going to the mattresses w China over Taiwan. The reality is we ain’t gonna stop them if they want it and they know it.

Flint

Mentor
What is China's capability in a nuclear confrontation? With Russia you know they have the bombs and the rockets capable of delivering them. China has rockets and bombs too but not to the extent that Russia has. It shouldn't be risked anyway but the idiots that run the government have to be thinking about this stuff.

white is right

Hall of Famer

Keep it in mind this is from a generation ago but China/Taiwan/Chinese Formosa has been under the American nuclear umbrella since at least the 60's. Every time that China has had war games or propaganda speeches during the 80's through 90's various presidents have ordered war ships to steam to the territorial waters of their ally in a show of support. I haven't paid attention to this problem for years but from I have read China has a navy that was similar to bloated bodybuilder ie tough looking but really has no substance.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
As an Average White American, should I care if China does?

Not being a smartass, just don't see us having a dog in this fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
As an Average White American, should I care if China does?

Not being a smartass, just don't see us having a dog in this fight.
You are right, there should be no interference in a China-Taiwan conflict.

But there are some fools like Biden and Pelosi in high positions in the US government, and right now the Chinese are very angry.

China reacts to Pelosi landing in Taiwan

https://www.rt.com/news/560089-china-reacts-pelosi-taiwan/

China has issued a warning, using the phrase "不会坐视不管" meaning "We will not sit idly by".

The same warning was issued at the Americans in 1950 when they crossed the 38th parallel, resulting in China joining the Korean War.

UN chief warns world is one step from `nuclear annihilation’

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...nio-guterres-2871563e530f9a676d7884b3e2d871c3

FZa5g-KWAAM25rq

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Can Americans possibly be inspired to "save" Taiwan? I'm a simple prole, so all the stupid crap I order comes from China. Apparently, the "big-rig" and "rare earth" stuff has a high incidence rate of being processed on this weird island. I personally don't care if they allow "gay marriage" on that island - in fact, I would prefer if they don't!