White Rockies?

LabMan

Mentor
The Colorado Rockies,one of the Whitest,and most successful teams in MLB,started a lineup of five non-Whites on Monday,May 26.......

Willie Taveras C/F

Johnny Herrera 2/B

Omar Quintanilla S/S

Yorvit Torrealba C

Jorge DeLarosa P

With the ever darkening population in the Colorado area,perhaps the fans at the game saw this as normal.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I think some of this is due to injuries to Matt Holliday, Clint Barmes, Troy Tulowitzki, and a number of white pitchers.

I understand your concerns about the Hispanic Invasion of MLB, LabMan, but I think in this case Colorado has simply gotten bitten by the injury bug.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The diversity that crept up on them certainly didn't do them any good at all. They were trounced by the Phillies 20-5. The pitcher De La Rosa went 3 1/3 innings.

They must really miss Tulowitzki, Barnes, and Holliday.

Skipperron

Guru
Even though injuries led to some of the color put into the Rockies lineup, if you look at their top 20 prospects in the minors it is heavily hispanic or black. So when they do bring up players most of them will be minority ones.

However they did have a fairly strong white draft this year so maybe some of those top 20 players will change over.