White player 600+ home runs?

Which white players can reach 600+ home runs?

• Adam Dunn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jim Thome

• Evan Longoria

• Dustin Pedroia

• Others who?

• Total voters
Babe Ruth remains to this day the only White player to hit 600 and 700 home runs with 714. Mark McGwire came close with 583.

There aren't many white power hitters now, with all the doping scandals running amok. It does not look good overall.
smiley18.gif
Edited by: indianwhite

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of good young white players, though it's too early to say if any will be all-time great power hitters. Evan Longoria and Ryan Braun have almost limitless talent. Jay Bruce, maybe Alex Gordon, and some others, all the recruitment of hispanics won't stop the cream of white talent from rising to the top.

Would be great to see Thome reach 600. We had a thread a couple of years ago on whites who could reach 500 homers: [url]http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5178&a mp;PN=5[/url]

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Solitario said:
Btw, Longoria is of at least partial Mexican ancestry.

So what? Mexican ancestry can be 100 percent European or close to it. Are you saying Longoria is non-White? You should read the posting guidelines before trolling here.

Solitario

Don Wassall said:
Solitario said:

So what? Mexican ancestry can be 100 percent European or close to it. Are you saying Longoria is non-White? You should read the posting guidelines before trolling here.

I didn't realize we weren't allowed to mention an individual's cultural or ethnic background. I've seen Longoria with his parents, his father looks like an average olive skinned mestizo man. His mother on the other hand is fair skinned.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We mention it all the time. In what context are you mentioning Longoria's? Again, are you claiming he's non-White?

j41181

Master
Solitario said:
Don Wassall said:
Solitario said:

So what?  Mexican ancestry can be 100 percent European or close to it.  Are you saying Longoria is non-White? You should read the posting guidelines before trolling here.
I didn't realize we weren't allowed to mention an individual's cultural or ethnic background. I've seen Longoria with his parents, his father looks like an average olive skinned mestizo man. His mother on the other hand is fair skinned.
Yo, Amigo, check a thread I posted last month, if your still around:

USA 80% White

j41181

Master
Actually I could care less what ethnic background Evan Longoria is, 'cause judging from his photos, he is clearly white. I don't care care if he speaks Spanish, English, or Martian, White is white, period.

StarWars

Mentor
Evan Longoria is white. He must be of Spanish (the country) background and without the mestizo mix.

Solitario

"white is white period"

white may be white period according to your standards...

my point was that he may be white enough for some of you guys to identify with- which is fine- but that still that doesnt automatically make him ethnically caucasian. you can't just simply disregard the other ethnic heritage he may posses.

j41181

Master
Solitario said:
"white is white period"
white may be white period according to your standards...my point was that he may be white enough for some of you guys to identify with- which is fine- but that still that doesnt automatically make him ethnically caucasian. you can't just simply disregard the other ethnic heritage he may posses. 
Why not? What is your say about black Hispanics? black Mexicans? They easily identify with Afro-Americans, so why can't "we" do the same for white Hispanics, or White Mexicans?