White man speaks truth then recants

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Francona advises pitcher to curtail comments

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer
May 9, 2007

Curt Schilling apologized Wednesday for criticizing Barry Bonds and was advised by his manager to keep some of his opinions to himself.

The Red Sox pitcher leveled the criticism Tuesday on a radio show then backed off his remarks Wednesday in an entry entitled "Public Apology," on his blog.

"Everyone has days and events in life they'd love to push the rewind button on, yesterday was one of those days," Schilling wrote on the blog, 38pitches.com. "Regardless of my opinions, thoughts and beliefs on anything Barry Bonds it was absolutely irresponsible and wrong to say what I did. I don't think it's within anyone's right to say the things I said yesterday and affect other peoples lives in that way.

"As someone who's made it very clear I have major issues with members of the media that take little or no pride in their work it's the height of hypocrisy for me to say what I did, in any forum."

On Tuesday morning on WEEI radio, Schilling criticized the San Francisco Giants slugger, who is 10 homers short of matching Hank Aaron's home run record of 755.

"I mean, he admitted that he used steroids," Schilling said on the show. "I mean, there's no gray area. He admitted to cheating on his wife, cheating on his taxes and cheating on the game, so I think the reaction around the league, the game, being what it is, in the case of what people think. Hank Aaron not being there. The commissioner (Bud Selig) trying to figure out where to be. It's sad.

"And I don't care that he's black, or green, or purple, or yellow, or whatever. It's unfortunate," he said. "There's good people and bad people. It's unfortunate that it's happening the way it's happening,"

Boston manager Terry Francona said before the Red Sox game in Toronto on Wednesday night that he urged Schilling to use more discretion.

"Schill came to me," Francona said. "We talked a little bit and I said, `You probably just need to stay away from some of those things."'

He said he'd let Schilling continue writing his blog.

"I don't care, as long as he stays away from certain things," Francona said. "It doesn't make sense. If you want to run for office some day and solve the world's problems, go ahead. Just not while I'm the manager."

He also said he didn't know what a blog was until Schilling's stirred controversy and doesn't plan to read it.

Schilling said on his blog that his comment about Bonds "was a callous, wreckless and irresponsible thing to say, and for that I apologize to Barry, Barry's family, Barry's friends and the Giants organization, my teammates and the Red Sox organization as well as anyone else that may have been offended by the comments I made."

AP freelance writer Ian Harrison in Toronto contributed to this story.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Oh for goodness sake. You would have thought Curt called him a friggin fat, pumpkin headed N****R or something. Not only did Schilling wimp out, he did it in style. This is getting disgusting.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Schilling also ripped into Roger Clemens the other day, calling him a "mercenary" and some other uncomplimentary things, but no one was bothered by that. But say some strong but accuratethings about a black cretin and you have to backtrack.

The Caste media would love itif Clemens was linked to steroids use by a piece ofcircumstantial evidence (or pure conjecture for that matter). Wasn't that old white dude supposed to have retired five years ago? What's he doing horning in and commanding some of the attention that should rightfully belong to Bonds?

Driving home afew minutesago I put on the local ESPN radio station, and they were interviewinga black writerabout Schilling's comments about Bonds. After making some predictable bleatings, thewriter then started going off about how Mark McGwire hasn't been "punished" by public opinion but Bonds has because he's black and McGwire's white.
smiley29.gif
We really do have two separate views of reality in this country, one genuine and one not. Pray that more white people wake up from the media's omnipresent pseudo-reality before it's too late.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
What is really irritating is that he was so DEAD on right about what he said, it really needed to be said to by someone NOT on castefootball.

"I mean, he admitted that he used steroids," Schilling said on the show. "I mean, there's no gray area. He admitted to cheating on his wife, cheating on his taxes and cheating on the game, so I think the reaction around the league, the game, being what it is, in the case of what people think. Hank Aaron not being there. The commissioner (Bud Selig) trying to figure out where to be. It's sad.

"And I don't care that he's black, or green, or purple, or yellow, or whatever. It's unfortunate," he said. "There's good people and bad people. It's unfortunate that it's happening the way it's happening,"

Schilling is a pussy for backing down. That's my problem with this,he really FEELS this way,but he's letting his masters shut him up. Learn from Imus...NEVER SAY SORRY!!

white tornado

Mentor
His manager told him to apologis WTF do you want him to do.

white tornado said:
His manager told him to apologis WTF do you want him to do.

To have a spine. Pretty simple. If you don't have the guts to back up what you say,then don't say it. Schilling is a phony. He makes "bold" statements and then retracts them. Remember his BS before the Congressional hearings..he turtled. Anyways,what are the Sox gonna do,release him for not apologizing? A groveling,apologetic white man is not to be admired.Especially when he's apologizing to someone who HATES WHITES!!! When has Bonds ever apologized?Edited by: Blue Eyed Devil

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Schilling said on his blog that his comment about Bonds "was a callous, wreckless and irresponsible thing to say, and for that I apologize to Barry, Barry's family, Barry's friends and the Giants organization, my teammates and the Red Sox organization as well as anyone else that may have been offended by the comments I made."

I have to comment again on Schilling's spineless grovelling. It is totally pathetic! Bonds has become a victim. I don't understand why mega-rich athletes, politicians and media celebrities all turn to jelly fish?

Bart said:
jaxvid said:
  I don't understand why mega-rich athletes, politicians and media celebrities all turn to jelly fish?

Money,that's the only reason. The fear of boycott or some Imus-type lynching keeps them in line. The more "affluent" the white,the more spineless.The abject horror of being called a "racist"
smiley19.gif
Edited by: Blue Eyed Devil

Bart said:
]I have to comment again on Schilling's spineless grovelling.  It is totally pathetic! 

Amen. Pathetic is the most fitting word for that display. I hate for a white guy to be the source of my ire,but Schilling's utterly gutless reaction deserves scorn

bigunreal

Mentor
I heard a clip on the radio this morning of ex-Cub Mark Grace lighting into Schilling for his comments about Bonds. This idiot actually stated that Bonds should "beat the snot ouf of him." Can you imagine any black ex-player urging a white athlete to physically assault a black? Just another of the endless examples of why the situation in Don King's America is hopeless and not likely to get any better.

LabMan

Mentor
Last week when Arizona played Houston broadcaster Mark Grace called Lance Berkman "fat Elvis"!This man never fails to take verbal shots at people of his own heritage.

Mark Grace knows who his masters are. Another gutless worm who kisses every brown and black ass before him...he makes me puke.Edited by: Blue Eyed Devil

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Please read the posting guidelines, particularly in regard to the policy about racial slurs.