Where will Bennett and Curtis sign/

whiteCB

Master
I really would like to see Bennett go to a pass happy team like the Chiefs where he can step in and become the #1 WR. I would like to see kevin Curtis go to the Jets where I can see him becoming a playmaker there with white friendly coach Mangini. Either way I just hope Curtis where ever he ends up is starting. I want to see what kind of numbers he can put up in a full time starting role.

jared

Mentor
I see Curtis going wherever Martz goes. Unless of course Martz stays in Detroit and Curtis decides he doesn't want anything to do with such a crappy franchise/city. Not that I could blame him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett and Curtisneed to be smart and pick teams that are the most desperate for a quality starter at receiver, and which have ownership and coaches that are not obviously hostile to any whites at "taboo" positions (and there are many of those), and who will pay them starters' money with a nice upfront bonus.

I don't want to see Curtis go to Detroit, because then either he or Furrey is out of luck. After being second in the NFL in receptions, Furrey deserves to keep his starting spot.

They need to take their time, weigh all the variablesand be shrewd about it; this is most likely the only time they'll ever have some control over their fate in the NFL.

Interesting sidebar: The other day, Adam Schefter
smiley8.gif
of NFL Network, after giving the obligatory hosannasover the Super Bowl having two black coaches, then mentioned that the NFL's "diversity" is illustrated by the fact that the two most desired free agent wide receivers this offseason are both white, Curtis and Bennett. He then ruined it by saying that this is unusual "because it is so rare for a white receiver to do well in the NFL." That's akin to a reporter 40 years ago dismissing the lack of black quarterbacks and black coaches with the same explanation. It's rare because they so rarely get an opportunity to succeed in a league that used to produce white Hall of Famers at the position after it was integrated, but what else would you expect from the Caste media. I swearSchefter had a very glum look on his face too while he was mentioning it, then immediately brightened up after that unpleasant bit of business was finished.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i would love for Curtis to end up in Tampa, he can play alongside Galloway and eventually replace him

'Skins still need a legit #2 WR.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They also need to take into consideration who is throwing them the ball. Don't want to end up like Matt Jones in Jacksonville.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
They also need to take into consideration who is throwing them the ball. Don't want to end up like Matt Jones in Jacksonville.

That's another very important consideration. Almost all recievers who accumulate big stats over the course of a season have a white quarterback throwing them the ball. Until and if some black quarterbacks begin todevelop consistent big-time productionin the passing game likeWarren Moon did, recievers, blackand white both, should try to go to situations where the starting quarterback is white when they are free agents.

Warnipple

Don Wassall said:
He then ruined it by saying that this is unusual "because it is so rare for a white receiver to do well in the NFL."  That's akin to a reporter 40 years ago dismissing the lack of black quarterbacks and black coaches with the same explanation.  It's rare because they so rarely get an opportunity to succeed in a league that used to produce white Hall of Famers at the position after it was integrated, but what else would you expect from the Caste media. 

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but your scenario from 40 years back is not really akin to the one faced by white players today, because in fact 40 years ago blacks, for the most part, were no more better suited for positions like QB or coach than they are now. Whether or not de facto discrimination (or more narrowly, judgments without any reference to the specifics of a situation) played some role in keeping blacks out of occupations in sports or society at large, nature was still nature.

Warnipple

Warnipple said:
Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but your scenario from 40 years back is not really akin to the one faced by white players today, because in fact 40 years ago blacks, for the most part, were no more better suited for positions like QB or coach than they are now. Whether or not de facto discrimination (or more narrowly, judgments without any reference to the specifics of a situation) played some role in keeping blacks out of occupations in sports or society at large, nature was still nature.

Let me clarify my comment here. A sportswriter from 40 years ago who believed that blacks were inherently unsuited for certain positions would be wrong, because there are always a few talented individuals who could play these positions. But this hypothetical writer would not be too far off the mark. In contrast, those modern writers who, if only implicitly, believe that whites are inherently unsuited for, e.g., RB or WR are very off the mark. In fact, they're probably dishonest in that they don't really believe it, they're just trying to appease their masters (and we all know who they are), whereas the sportswriter from 40 years ago may not have had the benefits of modern biology at his disposal, but his instincts were right.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A whole lot of people believewhites are unfit toplay most positions in football, becausethe Caste System hasbeen unchallenged their entire lives, except now by us. And most will just dismiss us initially as "racist" or with some other easy and mindless pejorative because that's how most people reactwhen presented withsomething that is radically different from the perspective they're comfortable with -- they lash out at it. It'sanalogous to tellinga World War II veteran that the U.S. shouldn't have been involved in WWII, or that America (and the West) actually lost the war, considering what has happened to thefoundations of Western civilizationover the past 60 years. How many will consider the actual merit of that idea rather than instantly become angry?Very, very few.

The whole mythos of the invincible black athlete is now deeply rooted in the American psyche. There has always been opposition to the political status quo and political "fringe groups," but the lie of black athletic superiority has had an unchallenged free reign in the realm of sports -- and in the realm of ideas and propaganda -- for roughly 40 years. But because it has been unchallenged for so long,the Caste Systemhas become corrupt and absurd in many respects and I think it will tumble like a house of cards when the consciousness of enough people is raised. Edited by: Don Wassall

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great points guys.Back on the subject of Curtis and Bennett.Neither have signed as of yet.Bennett is drawing interest from Jacksonville,San Francisco,Green Bay,and his team the Tenn. Titans are trying to resign him.Can you imagine him and Matt Jones playing together in Jacksonville.That would be cool except for the fact that the qb sucks.They need a better qb down there.It would be ironic if Curtis went to Detroit and Bennett to Jacksonville.Both of these teams would break the Caste Rules by having 2 out of the 3 starting wide receivers be white guys!Can you imagine what the media would say?
smiley36.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I'd love him to play in Green Bay, especially since they will also be looking to draft TE, which has many good whites to pick from.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Seems as though any white skills players who end up on the same team just compete at the same position and take time away from each other.

On the WWII issue. I remember a local vet saying 2-3 years that we have lost the war, considering everything that has happened since. Thats the first time I ever heard a WWII I knew vet say anything like that. He passed on last June. I saw a WWII vet in the post office yesterday and realized how rare these guys are starting to be. Almost all the ones I knew personally have gone on.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Seems as though any white skills players who end up on the same team just compete at the same position and take time away from each other.

On the WWII issue. I remember a local vet saying 2-3 years that we have lost the war, considering everything that has happened since. Thats the first time I ever heard a WWII I knew vet say anything like that. He passed on last June. I saw a WWII vet in the post office yesterday and realized how rare these guys are starting to be. Almost all the ones I knew personally have gone on.
I noticed this a few years ago when the ones on the street seeking donations for veterans were few and far between. When I was a little boy all of the time around November 11th brought out a lot of veterans....