We Have Met The Enemy.....!

LabMan

Mentor
I have attended Ten year old All Star little league baseball games in at least three upscale areas around my hometown,there was not a black player on any of the teams,and not one black fan in attendance,in between innings music was played from the press box,and much of it was rap,complete with many filthy lyrics.
NO ONE commented or complained,it was all taken in as if thats the way it should be,I asked an older security guard if he had a grandson playing in the game,and did he appreciate what he was hearing?,he then went to the press box and stopped the music.We have met the enemy,and it is us!

Europe

Mentor
Sounds like where I grew up,but with no rap or music during the game. How come everything has to be diverse or multicultural now? Everybody was white, but now it's much more diverse and foreign. I guess we are supposed to like this shoved down our throats.

foreverfree

Mentor
LabMan said:
I asked an older security guard if he had a grandson playing in the game,and did he appreciate what he was hearing?,he then went to the press box and stopped the music.</div>

By "he", LabMan, do you mean the security guard or his grandson appreciated the music (or not)?

John

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
LabMan said:
I have attended Ten year old All Star little league baseball games in at least three upscale areas around my hometown,there was not a black player on any of the teams,and not one black fan in attendance,in between innings music was played from the press box,and much of it was rap,complete with many filthy lyrics.
<div>NO ONE commented or complained,it was all taken in as if thats the way it should be,I asked an older security guard if he had a grandson playing in the game,and did he appreciate what he was hearing?,he then went to the press box and stopped the music.We have met the enemy,and it is us!</div>

LM, I'd have been tempted to go straight up to the pressbox myself & smash the dadgum sound system & whoever was playin' that mess. Rap is (total) crap to begin with...much less with a bunch of foul language (at a kids little league game of all places).
smiley7.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

LabMan

Mentor
foreverfree,
I had attempted to point out the lyrics to the people playing the music in the press box,and they looked at me as if I was from another planet,and then ignored the issue,I guess the security guard felt he had to act because of my complaint,the question arises,would this man have acted at all?,it was not determined if he had a grandson playing there.

Ten year olds in our society have this horrific trash forced on them everyday over the "controlled" airwaves,and I'm sure it sounds normal to many of them.