Valuev/ McCline on January 20

While he is definately not one of the guys I would like to see Valuev fight he does appear to be a legitmate oppenent if only barely so. He has won his last six fights. Two of them were agaisnt fighters ranked 20 or higher at the time he fought them. He won 3 of these fights by knock out and while he fought( my tongue is in my cheek ) one of the current Champions Shannon Briggs in 2002 he did win a UD. From Don King's perspective he is the perfect opponent. Legitmate enought with out being a real threat to Valuev.

Bunnyman

Guru
Valuev is building up a decent resume against Don King fighters -- Ruiz, Donald, Barrett, Beck and now McCline. Trouble is, he is controlled in part by DK and will only fight DK's stable of no hopers and second raters.

Since Briggs is a DK fighter too, maybe Valuev will land a fight with that hyped asthmatic.

Yes, McCline did beat Briggs in 2002 and had him down in the 10th. I don't know how Briggs got so lucky to beast Lyakhovich but lightining will not strike twice. Briggs looks like a monster but he can not handle pressure or a big hitter. Ibragimov should handle Briggs.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tired old White said:
I would tend to agree with the Brits.
McCline has done nothing since he beat Goofi at the end of 2001. Really he is a name and nothing more. Look for him to get intimidated by the size of Valuev and freeze again. There is mucho dog in McCline.....

JD074

Master
Bunnyman said:
Yes, McCline did beat Briggs in 2002 and had him down in the 10th. I don't know how Briggs got so lucky to beast Lyakhovich but lightining will not strike twice. Briggs looks like a monster but he can not handle pressure or a big hitter. Ibragimov should handle Briggs.

I hope you're right, but I'm an "eternal pessimist," I must admit. Briggs was a statue in his last fight, so hopefully Sultan can run circles around him. On the other hand, Briggs will have a big reach advantage, and it could be very difficult for Sultan to find his range. We will see.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm taking a page out of JD's book on the Valuev / McCline fight. McCline is better than Beck, IMO, and Beck teed off on Valuev a few times. I'm sorry guys, but I think it's possible McCline could beat Valuev. I'm just not sold on him yet.

Valuev doesn't want to be seen as a 'giant.' He wants to box and beat people with skill. I personally wish he would fore go that nonsense and beat the crap out of his opponents with size and power.

p.s. I know this about Valuev because he as much as said so in an HBO pre-fight documentary about him that aired before his last fight.
smiley17.gif

Bunnyman

Guru
A fast boxer with a great chin has the best shot at beating Valuev (Larry Donald gave him his closest fight).

McCline is a lumbering guy who wins most of his fights based on his size advantage. Needless to say, he will not have that with Valuev.

Valuev has great size, a great chin, great stamina and very good power. He will be very hard to beat. Watch the Valuev-McCline fight with lots of confidence and no worries.

My prediction for this fight's conclusion, is McCline being carted out of the ring on a gerney...lol.
Seriously, I think Valuev is going to beat him into an invalid.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's get some discussion going for the fight coming up soon.This should be a really good one.I hope that Valuev can knock him out!It is rumored that he wants Klitschko next for a unification bout.Edited by: white lightning

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I have been reading about this fight under the article on the main page and I wish I had HBO so as to watch it. Hopefully someone can do a blow by blow again. I, and I'm sure a lot of others like myself, would be very grateful.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I have been reading about this fight under the article on the main page and I wish I had HBO so as to watch it. Hopefully someone can do a blow by blow again. I, and I'm sure a lot of others like myself, would be very grateful.

As far as I know, this fight isn't being televised in the US. They're fighting in Switzerland. HBO is not broadcasting this fight.

HBO is showing Hatton v Urango on Jan. 20th though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I must have something mixed up then. That must be why they said they will probably show the highlights of the Valuev fight before the Hatton fight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Colonel_Reb said:

As far as I know, this fight isn't being televised in the US. They're fighting in Switzerland. HBO is not broadcasting this fight.

HBO is showing Hatton v Urango on Jan. 20th though.
This fight will be available on ARD(German tv) so if a poster lives in Europe maybe they can do it. I'm not sure if the European version of ESPN; Eurosport is having the fight live..........

Valuev is very underrated and he will KO mcline.If the fight is being shown on live t.v. , I will do blow by blow commentary.Edited by: onewarrior5