University of Alabama-Huntsville Shooting

Solomon Kane

Mentor
jwhite96 said:
Solomon Kane;

I'm sure I would despise this lady if I ever had to work with her. However, I have spent time on the net reading about her work and there's no way she was not superior academically to the people whom she shot. She may have been a fanatic Hussein Obamination supporter. But the shock of being denied tenure (despite her sick politics),opened her eyes to how no amount of ass kissing of blacks will impress them. Even if she was a jew, she was denied tenure because she was perceived as white therefore, I'm not upset she shot these pseudo- academics.

j-white, i was about to add a follow-up based on further research, but you beat me to it.

Yes, there is no question that the two blacks were complete affirmative action hires--if you look at their "rate my professor" ratings they are very low (not that "rate my professor" should be the only criterion), despite some favorable posthumous sympathy entries. In fact some of the student comments are very, very sharp; and the anecdotes they mention, if true, are very revealing about how low academia has sunk because of Affirmative action.

I'm in agreement with you here.

*But that was part of my point: all the affirmative action hiring is coming to haunt the ethno-cultural group which did the most to promote it.*

I should have spoken more favorably of Bishop. Her "rate my professors" ratings are above-average. not great--but "B" level. So i take back my dismissive judgement.

But tenure is also dependent usually on a decent publishing record (qualitatively and quantitatively), collegiality, advising, academic governance work, etc. I haven't checked that.

But again--no question that she was far superior to the two blacks. I haven't checked the record of the Indian guy. I suspecthisrecordis also far better than that of the blacks.

I will modify my initial post--but we're in agreement on your major point. She had a right to be angry if these two incompetentshad a higher academic statusthan hers(they were not competing for her post apparently--i think they already had tenure).

She didn't have to shoot them, though. She could have just moved on, and continued the research she loved. In fact, she could also have publicized the issue--showing how bad affirmative action is.

Edited by: Solomon Kane

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
jwhite96 said:
His credentials were less impressive unless you think Michigan Tech, and Indiana State University are as impressive as Harvard.

Not to pick at nits but Michigan Tech is a damn fine university and the graduates from there are usually about a thousand times more useful to society then those from Harvard.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
J-white, sorry--Iforgot toread your last post.

Bishop's publishing record is better than the chairman's?--OK. She's obviously better than I thoughtshe was.

(It's possible that the Indian guy voted for her tenure, since it's done by a committee vote usually.)

But thanks for doing the research--I stand corrected.

to white is right: You may be right that if she had played up her status as Jewish, or calledthe ADL, her chances at tenure would have been improved.Edited by: Solomon Kane

This incident highlights a problem in our society. All the groups that benefited from affirmiative action are now fighting each other. When non-whites fight it always gets ugly.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes you have a point. In the 70's just being female was good enough to be a minority hiring. Now you need more diversity, being a lesbian helps or being a handicapped, visible minority helps even more....
smiley36.gif
I remember seeing an episode of Good Times where the father was aced out of a job and it went to the mother because she was a double minority. At the time this was hilarious now it's a minimum for the red tape crowd that are involved in hiring....
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right