• Aaron Schobel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Smith

• Chis Cooley

• Total voters
underrated players:
also vrabel, delhomme, hines ward, laveranus coles, doug flutie,stokely,curtis,trent green, volek, tatum bell, jurevicius.....
Edited by: hollywoodnorth

backrow

Hall of Famer
you should have added Jurevicius to thist list. he played great for Tampa and Seattle and gets less credit than Shannon Sharpe's eloquence...
out of the list, my vote goes to Aaron Schobel, who hardly ever gets any recognition whatsoever and in his last 4 years he aberages 10 sacks a year, over 60 tackles per season and also had 2 interceptions 8 forced fumbles and 5 recovered... Cooley is getting to ve well known i know that before Bucs game he was definitely in top three of most dangerous Redskins' players according to media, coaches, players and fans...
Kyle needs to have another great season for people to really notice him, let's see if he can pile as many sacks as he did and play like he did last year...Edited by: backrow

guest301

Hall of Famer
Funny opening sentence Backrow!

There are no underrated black players, in all the NFL?

It has nothing to do with race. If it makes you happy, Hines Ward is underrated. So is Tatum Bell, Ruben Droughns, etc.Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I too went with Aaron Schobel, because although Vanden Bosch doesn't get enough credit - he did receive a lot of press this year for being such a bargain and putting up good numbers for about the league minimum.. so while they did talk about him some, you never hear of Schobel who is one of the more consistent DEs in the league yet still takes a back seat to guys like Strahan, Umenyiora(sp?), Dwight Freeney, etc.. While I don't think he is as good as Freeney, Freeney is anointed as the god of defensive ends yet you hear nothing of Schobel.

backrow

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Funny opening sentence Backrow!

much obliged guest
smiley17.gif

and there are plenty of underrated black players (for example both Bucs' corners, Barber and Kelly) but i can see why focus on that site would be white players... black players get enough attention from the media as it is

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There aren't many white starters on defense, but of the ones who do start just about all of them are very good. The only ones who aren't underrated are Urlacher, Lynch and Kerney. Kerney's production fell off quite a bit compared to '04, but a lot of the young white linemen who played in '05 did well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a nice article about Vanden Bosch after he dominated in the Pro Bowl. Note the quote from black o-lineman Chris Samuels: "He's a deceptive guy," Samuels said. "You don't think he looks that strong or that quick." In other words, it's always a big surprise when a white player is strong or quick.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2329043&lpos=spo tlight&lid=tab5pos2[/url]