UFC on FX

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Gets off to a great start as Nick Denis KOs Dennis Sandoval in 22 seconds!

Yet another young white prospect at 145 (Hettes, Poirier, Koch).

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Here is the rest of the card:

NICK DENIS VS. JOSEPH SANDOVAL
DANIEL PINEDA VS. PAT SCHILLING
FABRICIO CAMOES VS. TOMMY HAYDEN
CHARLIE BRENNEMAN VS. DANIEL ROBERTS
KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV VS. KAMAL SHALORUS
JORGE RIVERA VS. ERIC SCHAFER
PAT BARRY VS. CHRISTIAN MORECRAFT
MIKE EASTON VS. JARED PAPAZIAN
DUANE "BANG" LUDWIG VS. JOSH NEER
MELVIN GUILLARD VS. JIM MILLER

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Charlie Brenneman gets a UD over Daniel Roberts.

Whites are 2-2 overall (with both losses by whites making their UFC debuts against veterans) and 1-0 against blacks (caste matches).

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Khabib impressed the hell out of me. He is the perfect example of how you're supose to avoid getting nailed when someone stuffs your takedown, when your takedown gets stuffed trow some shuts, to keep them from getting in a shot or a takedown. Another fighter who does that real well is Mike Chandler. Khabib is a 23 year old Russian and I expect him to be a title contender real soon.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Agreed - Shalorus is an Olympic wrestler as well. Very impressive debut.

Why do whites always get tough opponents for their debuts?

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Like Tom Hayden for example. He looked impressive up until that trip, definitely think if he kept it standing he would won the fight. Hayden had better striking and was getting the takedowns.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I'm kind of glad Eric Schaffer lost. Schaffer is one of those guys whose styles, are good for grappling, where there is no ground and pound but not for MMA. I actually rolled with him a bunch of times and ghe is a guy who is constantly putting himself in a bad position, like today he had the guymounted and was tring a guilitine which is very high risk consindering you're giving up the your position to get it.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Morecraft had Barry twice on the ground but couldn't finish him.

Morecraft is another one who doesn't need to be in the UFC. Maybe Bellator.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Morecraft is only 25 and come from bad camp. Berry trains at deathclutch, Morecraft trains at a camp with no pros in it. Morecraft had Berry mounted twice, the second time he had an arm triangle and gave it up. If Morecraft wants to have a future in MMA he going to have to leave his camp an relocate, to either AKA or Xtreme Couture.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I had the Easton/Papazian fight a draw
round won even
round 2 East
round 3 Papazian
I bet they will give it to Easton.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Another tough debut for a white fighter. Papazian was very impressive and might have won had he started uisng that uppercut earlier.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
MIKE EASTON VS. JARED PAPAZIAN

Dadgum...Papazian MD loss to afrolete Easton. Are we 0-3 in the caste match-ups thus far?? :(

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
3 of the whites who lost were making their debuts in the UFC against some pretty decent vets (like Easton and Camoes). The other loss was Eric Shafer who has been cut a few times and will likely be on his way to Bellator or some other lower level outfit now.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Well that has alot to do with who they are putting against eachother. The Papazian fight was a draw so I'm counting it as a draw inspite of the fact that they are scoring it that way. Guillard/Miller and Robert/Brennman were the only two evenly matched fights.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Schaffer has no chance at Bellator, but the rumor going around is that Bellator is tring to get Anthony Johnson to face Hector Lombard.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The Russian guy (forgot his name) has a very real shot at beating Lombard. Their fight last year was very close.

Wonder if Johnson will make weight for once.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nice win by Neer! He is on a little winning streak. His only recent loss was to Alvarez.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Neer w/ the guillotine choke on "Bam" Ludwig in round 1. I knew Josh had the better ground game.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
YES!!!!! RNC submission in round 1 for Miller vs. afrolete Melvin G! :biggrin: :high5: