UFC Fight NIght 35

Hawkeye2

Mentor
That should not have been a slit decision. Smith clearly won rounds 1 and 3, and would have won round 2 had he not overreacted to a cut and tried numerous times for a takedown without setting it up with punches first.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Vallie-Flagg will never be a contender, because he can't wrestler. I don't understand why people with MT and BJJ background think they'll have success in MMA. Wrestling is the base, if you're not at least a good high school wrestler you won't last in MMA.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Only two white wrestler on this card. Dillashaw and Smith. Dana white wouldn't sign Ben Askren despite the fact that Askren dominated his opponents in Bellator, and would destroy most of UFCs welterweights and middleweights.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Askren is the man and could have taken over for GSP. Dana has something against him.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Not sure why but Cole Miller is my least favorite white UFC fighter. I don't think he is very good and he talks a lot of s**t.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
He has been calling out Conor McGregor and will now likely get him .. and get KO'd or tapped.

Old Scratch

Mentor
As soon as the scores were read as a split decision I knew that that Ortiz kid lost because he looks full white.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Not impressed with either Brunson or Romero. I saw a washed up Chris Leben beat Brudnson last year (but got screwed with a SD).

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I was saying the same thing, neither one has a very good gas tank. Brunson beat Chris Leban, one of the worst fighters in MMA history. Romero is 35 so I think he should be cut, he's too old to be fighting MMA. They'll probably give Brunson another can, and then he'll fight someone legit and lose.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Dillashaw will be champ at 135 - maybe even by the end of 2014. He is that good.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I imagine Dillashaw will get Wineland next (assuming Eddie beat hype-job Yves Jabuoin). Don't like it when two whites fight each other but the match makes sense.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I have Taverez winning two rounds to 1, but I wouldn't be shocked at a bs decision.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Good win by Taveres, I love fighters that throw leg kicks. If I was him, I wouldn't have bothered with those takedowns.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hah - yeah not a good night for them. Romero's comeback was pretty impressive though he is not top 10 at 185.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Another nice win for Rockhold. He has now beaten 3 of the top 10 guys at 185. Not sure a Vitor rematch makes sense right now but definitely Bisping if he gets by Kennedy.