UFC Fight Night 29

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nice work by Dillashaw. He took rounds 1 and 3. Hope they don't screw him with a hometown decision.

Old Scratch

Mentor
I think Dillashaw won rounds 1 and 3, the third was close but round 1 clearly went to Dillashaw and 2 to Assuncao. I fully expect at least two of the judges to give it 30-27 to Assuncao.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
This is why I NEVER get too upset the few times when a white gets a gift decision in boxing or MMA. Our guys always get screwed in close fights.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Ugh ... horrible loss for Pierce. He should have beaten Palhares easily but got tapped.

Not a good night for our fighters at all.

Old Scratch

Mentor
b0WQR.gif

Cage grabbing seems to be something that non-Whites get away with so often but the refs are quick to slap a White fighter's hand and pull their hand off the cage.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Dillashaw got screwed over. I had him winning both the 1st and the third.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Another close fight goes to the Brazilian. I'm glad Maldonado (actually a white Argentine who fights out of Brazil) won but you can make an argument for Beltran. Close fights in Brazil always go to the Brazilian - unless they are fighting a black. EVERY close decision ANYWHERE in the world will go to the black fighter 100% of the time.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
This is why I hate Brazil. I was rooting for Maldonado, but no way did he win that fight. This is the second fight with a B.S. decision, in favor of the Brazilian fighter.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Thiago Silva is going to smash Hamill back into retirement. He looked horrible in his last three fights.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Hamill is not a very good wrestler either. He won a bronze medal in the deaf games, which isn't all that impressive in my opinion. He should have moved to Jackson's a long time ago and addressed his cardio. Either way I think he gets cut.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hamill did better than I thought but he was more gassed than Silva at the end. I hope he retires again. Florian is correct. He could have won that fight with his wrestling but he mostly stood and traded with a superior striker.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Silva is a bit of acan crusher though. His biggest win is against Keith Jardine, not counting his steriod wins.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
30-27 !?! Hamil won the first round easily!

Yeah, Matt's wrestling is not all that great considering his background.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Hamill did better than I thought but he was more gassed than Silva at the end. I hope he retires again. Florian is correct. He could have won that fight with his wrestling but he mostly stood and traded with a superior striker.
The problem is he doesn't have the cardio for wrestling, and what happens is he goes for the takedown and gasses himself out. He doesn't have a legit wrestling, background so he doesn't have the conditioning.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
He did get two takedowns but he is nowhere near the wrestler of a guy like GSP, Hendricks or Chandler. I have noticed he gasses in his fights. He really didn't bring it after the first round either.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I hope the Korean wins as the Brazilians are undefeated tonight. Though everyone who saw the Dillashaw fight knows he got screwed.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Get ready for a grapple fest. I am one of the few who likes grappling. I also like both guys a lot. I see Maia maybe edging it (especially with the way the judges are scoring for Brazilians.