UFC and Eastsideboxing.com

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Eastsideboxing has posted a couple of articles about the UFC in the past two months. The articles are interesting, but the comments by the fans of ESB are quite telling. They disparage MMA as a sport for unathletic sissies who do nothing but roll around on the floor and dry hump each other. A few comments are posted in defense of MMA, but by and large ESB boxing fans, at least those who bother to post comments, hate the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.

The current article had this to say in the opening paragraph: "....some boxing fans will never accept the sport for reasons they would never admit."

I wonder what the author is thinking?

You can read the article here.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
They disparage MMA as a sport for unathletic sissies who do nothing but roll around on the floor and dry hump each other.

How long would their hero Muhammad Ali last in a street fight with even the worst of the MMA crowd? They'd beat him like a ...oh never mind. We've already been there and done that.

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, the little beotchs are going to have to give up boxing soon too, when too many of the "those who cannot be named" are dominating.

White_Savage

Mentor
Also, really amusing to me was the guy who suggested that MMA didn't require as much stamina as boxing. I trust I don't have to comment further on that one?

Further, the lack of understanding of grappling is just f**king funny. Untrained guys rolling around. Sure, whatever. I've done all sorts of martial arts. Grappling is more of a physical chess game than boxing, kickboxing, fencing or weapons, anything you can imagine. Unlike all these other sports, there is no way in hell that someone can come in with strength, speed, or "natural talent" and beat a good practicioner. At all. And all these mental strategies and complications occur while you'e doing something that requires greater flexibility, cardio, endurance, and strength than any other sport. I bet half these guys would get black spots in their vision just trying to breath while mounted.

guest301

Hall of Famer
"Unathletic sissies"..yeh whatever. How come such assets as strength and endurance never enter there minds as being part of the athletic equation. MMA is the future of combat sports and it will soon surpass boxing if it already hasn't. Any sport a white guy excels at is unathletic and for sissies. What does that make the Rampage Jackson's and Bob Sapp's of the world who continually get beat by white guys. I think a little jealousy is in play here with the rise of MMA.

dkr77

Guru
Boxers resent the fact that their representatives have fared very poorly in MMA. UFC management (Dana White) once tried to bet a significant amount of money with an english boxing promoter regarding a group of his boxers against Dana's group of NHB guys. The promoter never responded which says an awful lot in itself. Some of the traditional martial artist's try and criticize MMA too but the general public is catching on to their bulls#%t. I think some of it may boil down to a money issue where people are leaving some of these gyms in search of a NHB type training environment.

White_Savage

Mentor
"The fight was so predictable, Chris Tucker left in the middle of the third round."

Hmmmmm....

guest301

Hall of Famer
I don't think Chris enjoyed seeing a brutha getting his butt kicked. He probably didn't like the fact that the crowd was booing Lossauio either. The whole "usa" chant thing was probably annoying to him as well. There still seem to be alot of black celebrities and athletes attracted to this sport.

Gary

Mentor
I used to view Eastsideboxing.com everyday, but is has been taken over by people like pignuts.It is so PC it makes me want to vomit!!
The UFC men are tough as nails and when it first started it was a real eye opener. The fancy kicks and spin moves that work in the movies proved useless against a guy who could grapple and put on a choke hold. It is so White that the PC jock sniffers have to play it down like they do the World's Strongest Man Contest which is All-White.
Ken Shamrock was a very tough and athletic man who could whip Tyson and Ali on the same night with 30 minutes rest between "fights". Trouble for the 'gonad huggers' is boxing is getting very White too!!!