UFC 220 Ngannou vs Miocic

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I want Miocic to take out "Brown Pride" Velazquez as soon as possible. Cormier made a comment Cain is coming for that Heavyweight belt so let's see what he's about.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I heard Ngannou didnt even have a wrestling coach in his corner, but instead 2 striking coaches. Back to the drawing board indeed!

sprintstar

Mentor
if Jones gets reinstated it and goes Heavyweight he will fight Lesnar not Miocic, Dana White will make sure it happens. Jones could maybe hit 220-225 Lesnar 265. I hope it never happens but f it does Jones is going down fast.... I sometimes wish Carwin was a young up and comer now with time to learn MMA as he was a serious beast.

sprintstar

Mentor
I respect Valazquez as a fighter he is humble and a true mean dog fighter, he would give Miocic all he can handle, it would be a great fight but Cain has to reestablish himself first with some decent fights to prove he deserves a shot at the belt.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ngannou is 31 years old. He is not going to start learning new skills he can use at a high level at this age. He can only improve on what he has already.
Yes the blue print on beating him is out there and guys are going to try and replicate what Stipe did. His skills looked similar to what early MMA fighters had around UFC 10-20....

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I heard Ngannou didnt even have a wrestling coach in his corner, but instead 2 striking coaches. Back to the drawing board indeed!
Ngannou at UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas Also with 40% of the UFC roster. It has only been around for six month and is by far the best MMA gym ever. Best equipment, best training parters, and best coaches. They've invested a ton of money in this gym. If you need help on your wrestling they'll call in an Olympic gold medalist to come in and coach. They can also get you a sparring partner that can emulate another fighters style. Pro-fighters are leaving their gyms in droves to train there, including a lot of Non-UFC fighters.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ngannou at UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas Also with 40% of the UFC roster. It has only been around for six month and is by far the best MMA gym ever. Best equipment, best training parters, and best coaches. They've invested a ton of money in this gym. If you need help on your wrestling they'll call in an Olympic gold medalist to come in and coach. They can also get you a sparring partner that can emulate another fighters style. Pro-fighters are leaving their gyms in droves to train there, including a lot of Non-UFC fighters.

Wow that's pretty impressive. Leading up to this fight was the first I had heard of it!

sprintstar

Mentor
I have wondered on many occasions as to when the UFC will make a Super Heavyweight category. It seems that guys like Miocic at 245lbs are always gonna have a tough time with guys like Ngannou etc who weigh over 270, maybe time to do so. Like cutoff at 250 for heavyweight, 255+ for Super Heavyweight. Of the 57 fighters on UFC's page listed as Heavyweights 20 of them are over 255 lbs.....

Ambrose

Master

Smart fighters may visit this gym from time to time to gain the benefit of publicity but many will surely stay out of it. Training and sparring are like trade secrets and the smart ones know that public training is like showing your hand in a card game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Rumor has it, Cormier vs Miocic is going to happen ! I like the matchup for Stipe should put down DC via strikes in mid Rds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I have wondered on many occasions as to when the UFC will make a Super Heavyweight category. It seems that guys like Miocic at 245lbs are always gonna have a tough time with guys like Ngannou etc who weigh over 270, maybe time to do so. Like cutoff at 250 for heavyweight, 255+ for Super Heavyweight. Of the 57 fighters on UFC's page listed as Heavyweights 20 of them are over 255 lbs.....
The UFC and MMA in general doesn't have the depth of professional boxing so another division to carve up the thin talent in the UFC would cause more problems than they would alleviate.

PS the UFC used to have no limit at heavyweight but so many heavyweights were too lazy to get in the best shape possible that they used to show up with huge guts and were gassed after a few minutes of fighting. Mark Hunt went from a journeyman at 290+ to a legitimate fringe contender because he had to shed another 25 pounds to make 265. Of course there will be a day when a true tall monster type won't be able to make 265 with a water cut and then the UFC will have a dilemma to solve.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I respect Valazquez as a fighter he is humble and a true mean dog fighter, he would give Miocic all he can handle, it would be a great fight but Cain has to reestablish himself first with some decent fights to prove he deserves a shot at the belt.

I concur on that. I don’t like how Cain gets a “pass” on the ‘Brown Pride” tattoo, but (IMHO) he’s been a top 5 HW for years. His wrestling might give Stipe issues...as might DC’s. Pulling for Stipe regardless of who he fights.