UFC 182

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow - Nate used to be jacked. Now he looks kinda average. Oh well, he did get busted for roids a few years ago.

Good question Hawkeye 2. Nate is almost an enigma. And the times that he's started like gangbusters (in my mind anyway) and then simply melted are frustrating. I saw an article just the other day calling him one of the 10 most overrated MMA fighters of all time. Of course I should note that I don't think any of fighters on the list were black... naturally.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Cerrone is unstoppable when healthy. He is on a six fight win streak and I think he would have won the Nate Diaz fight if not for a back injury.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Would have rather seen Jury win but he will be back. Cerrone on a 6 fight win streak.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Would have rather seen Jury win but he will be back. Cerrone on a 6 fight win streak.

I was rooting for Jury as well. I just hope Cerrone has turned a corner. He's won two high profile fights now, back to back.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Jury is only 26 so he has a bright future.
I don't know if Cormier can close the distance on Jones. If Cormier can keep Jones against the cage, and fight him the way he fought Mir, he can win this fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I got Jones. He has always handled wrasslers pretty well. Plus that reach advantage.

Jury is only 26 so he has a bright future.
I don't know if Cormier can close the distance on Jones. If Cormier can keep Jones against the cage, and fight him the way he fought Mir, he can win this fight.

I don't care for either guy. But I hate Jones.

I also hate all the maneuvering done, all the b.s. spouted to help Jones avoid a rematch with Gustafsson. I stopped watching MMA for a while after the Jones - Gustafsson fiasco.

**for what it's worth - here's a working stream if anyone needs a link: http://www.atdhe.cc/boxing/stream-39cb4a-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier

Last edited:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Jones will probably win, but I am not a fan of his. Cormier seems slightly more tolerable, but that doesn't say much.

Fortitud3

Guru
Is it me or does it seem like black fighters seem to have white guys in their corner and vice versa for white fighters a lot of the time?

Is it me or does it seem like black fighters seem to have white guys in their corner and vice versa for white fighters a lot of the time?

Seems to me a few white "corners" (or maybe it's the gyms themselves) have their corner black guy / trainer - for the sake of having a black guy there. Not that they're not doing anything, but it wouldn't make a difference if they weren't there. Everyone is under such pressure to show they're not racist. Well, not everyone. Just whites.

Fortitud3

Guru
Good to see them hug it out instead of resorting to violence.

Cerrone Jury easily the fight of the night.

The title will definitely be Gustafsson's to lose next time out. A little more cardio...but he needs to make sure it doesn't go to the judges. Good line about them not resorting to violence. Over half of the fight was like the surf sloshing two big clumps of seaweed back and forth against each other.

Old Scratch

Mentor
I want Jones to lose, but I want Gus to be the one to beat him (officially). So I can't say Cormier coming up short is that big of a disappointment. If Gus gets past Rumble especially if he does it with a solid finish, Gus vs Jones II will be an exciting rematch.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Gus is facing Anthony Johnson next month. I think he'll win that, and face Jones by early Summer.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Seems to me a few white "corners" (or maybe it's the gyms themselves) have their corner black guy / trainer - for the sake of having a black guy there. Not that they're not doing anything, but it wouldn't make a difference if they weren't there. Everyone is under such pressure to show they're not racist. Well, not everyone. Just whites.
There aren't that many black trains. Rashad Evens has Blackzilian and American Top Team have some black coaches, but most of the gyms have white or Brazilian trainers.