UFC 173

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Just to give you an idea of how shocking this win is. Both Sherdog.com and wikilipedia have it as a fifth round ko for Barao.

Kaptain

Master
This was probably covered but one thing that put the old Dan Henderson at a huge disadvantage was that TRTs are not allowed in Nevada. As a former legal TRT user he was tested even more so to make sure nothing was used. That would have been fine had he been fighting an equally aged opponent, but going off TRTs to fight a younger opponent is a recipe for almost defeat.

My opinion is that TRTs should be allowed and random unannounced testing for unusually elevated testosterone is the route to go. Who cares if older men have to increase their testosterone to NORMAL levels. What's next, outlawing geritol and high fiber diets while turning a blind eye to the real cheaters?

Kaptain

Master
With Dillashaw's win over the supposed p4p best (according to Dana White) it will be interesting how the UFC ranks the p4p best. As usual I suspect they will screw all white fighters. The current rankings:

Gustaffson being ranked only 13 is a joke since he beat the supposed number 1. How is Vitor Belfort ranked higher? Or Anthony Pettis or Benson Henderson who lost twice to Pettis and has won two split decisions and a lose in his last three fights? Hendricks has far more impressive wins and his lose to GSP was very controvesial.

Old Scratch

Mentor
With Dillashaw's win over the supposed p4p best (according to Dana White) it will be interesting how the UFC ranks the p4p best. As usual I suspect they will screw all white fighters. The current rankings:

Gustaffson being ranked only 13 is a joke since he beat the supposed number 1. How is Vitor Belfort ranked higher? Or Anthony Pettis or Benson Henderson who lost twice to Pettis and has won two split decisions and a lose in his last three fights? Hendricks has far more impressive wins and his lose to GSP was very controvesial.

How about Ronda Rousey being on there at all when she would be destroyed by every male bantamweight and flyweight. How is she pound for pound better when she can't beat them and weighs the same or more? Pound for pound and sex for sex I guess.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The thing is Hendo doesn't need the money. He has a giant gym that makes him something like three million a year. I don't know why he continues to fight.

Probably a combo of competitive drive & pride. I hope he finally retires...for his family's sake. Good win for TJ! :)

The Hock

Master
My homepage is treating Cormier's easily predictable win over rest home resident Henderson as the big deal of the card. Why?

As for Hendo, any appearance on UFC, win or lose, can't be bad for membership in his gym.

Rap Is Crap

My homepage is treating Cormier's easily predictable win over rest home resident Henderson as the big deal of the card. Why?

As for Hendo, any appearance on UFC, win or lose, can't be bad for membership in his gym.

I guess cause of the 2 times Cormier threw him like a ragdoll. Other than that, it was a typical one-sided fight. Father time caught up with Henderson. I think AG would handle the short chubby Cormier.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
For anyone who didn’t see TJ Dillashaw dominate the grotesque-looking Brazilian Mystery Meat, Renan Barao (who, according to blathering corporate dimwits, Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg, is the “greatest pound for pound fighter on the planet”), please enjoy these GIFs…

dillashaw2.gif

tumblr_n64z2qnMNx1qa33wlo10_500.gif

Think of the positive results we’ve seen in the UFC over the past year or so. Gustafsson pushing Jones to the brink, but getting robbed of the LHW title. Weidman ending Silva’s career, defeating him twice, and winning the MW title. Dillashaw dominating Barao, who was undefeated in the UFC/WEC, and winning the BW title.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
New P4P rankings:
Hard to understand these rankings. I know there is no formula and it's just opinion. So, who could possible have Barao ranked ahead of Dillashaw after this weekend? It's just stupid to have Ronda Rousey mixed in with men. It's P4P best period. Pound for pound best fighting vagina is a completely different category. Hendricks, Dillashaw, and Gustaffson should all be ahead of Pettis - ranked at least 6th then.