UFC 136 - Edgar vs. Maynard 3

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the card for tonight's UFC 136 from Houston, TX....

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Preliminary card (Spike TV)

Main card

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC136#/fight

***- The Destroyer from Dixieland will be pulling for KenFlo, Lauzon (vs. afrolete Guillard), Maia (vs. amerindian Santiago), Stephens (vs. mulatto Pettis), Elkins (vs. Zhang-sahn) & Miocic (vs. mexcrement Beltran).

Last edited:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Lots o' good caste matches tonight that should go out way.

Why do they keep feeding Guillard BJJ guys with little to no striking power (like Lauzon)? Do they need a great black hype that badly?

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I don't know how Lauzon got this shot, he is coming off a win against a not so good fighter. I would have rather seen Guillard face Dodson, Silver, Wiman, or Pettis.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Steve Cantwell should not be fighting anymore. He blow both his knees out and has had shoulder injuries, and back problems. I think he should go somewhere else or retire.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Darren Elkins looked very good in domination Zhang.

Miocic looked like a world beater in the first round and was literally toying with Beltran. Seems to have gassed near the end of the 2nd however.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Stipe Miocic wins a UD. He is an all-American wrestler and a golden gloves boxing champ.

He looked very impressive against Beltran and is only 7-0. If Stipe can put it together a bit better he can be a threat at heavyweight in 2-3 years (though he is a tad undersized I think).

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Stipe should not have ran out to the ring like he did, He seems to push the pace to much looking for an early knockout. I think if he was to move to Jacksons and work on his high altitiude training he would greatly improve. It's nice to see two of my prospects excel, first Benoist and now Miocic.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Damn - Jeremy Stevens won the first tound againt Pettis then just forgot how to stop a takedown.

Pettis won a split decision and I bet Stevens is kicking himself for letting this one get away. This should have been his fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Damian Maia handles black Brazilian Jorge Santiago.

3-1 so far in the caste matchups. Have a bad feeling about Guillard-Lauzon however.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Bwaaahahahaha ... Another Great Black Hype bites the dust. Guillard was supposed to be the best striker at 155 yet he got knocked down by a BJJ guy and then choked out in less than a minute by a superior white athlete (Joe Lauzon).

Guillard should have stuck to football where he'd be given the edge over any superior white player due to his skin color.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
When walking into the cage the announcers used the word "explosive" 8 times to describe Guillard.

Well, he certainly exploded when he got knocked down by a jab.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Guillard taps out to a RNC 47 seconds into the match. I'm am eating my words now.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I have never heard anyone say Joe Lauzon is a great athlete, yet he nearly koed Guillard before choking him out.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nobody at 185 will beat Sonnen if he fights like he did tonight. He did whatever he wanted with Stann (who is maybe top 5 at 185).

Anderson Silva's days are numbered.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Damn - for the second fight in a row Aldo pulls it out. Kenny actually slipped in the 5th round and Also had him mounted. Both Kenny and Hominick really had their moments and Aldo is the weakest of the 7 UFC champs.

Let's hope Poirier or Koch get a shot next as these young white lions will not let Aldo get lucky three times in a row.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Aldo is without a doubt the weakest of the 7 champs. He's like 5'3 andhas powerful leg kicks that's about it.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow - a repeat of Edgar-Maynard II,

Edgar almost KO'd the first round and he came back and won the second round.