UFC 114 : Rashad vs. Rampage

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the card for this Saturday's UFC 114 in "Loss Wages"...

Main card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
* Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
* Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
* Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
* Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway

Preliminary card (Spike TV)

* Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
* Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe
* Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Arthur Cane vs. Cyrille Diabaté
* Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs. Joe Brammer
* Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen

UFC 114

***I'm be pulling for Evans (by default), Miller, Brilz (vs. "Lil' Nog"), Hathaway, Sadollah, Lauzon, Lowe (vs. "afflete" Guillard), Cane (vs. "afflete" Diabate) & Riley.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

gatorprideFL

Hey Dixie watch out for Duffee, the man is as big as Brock Lesnar and more athletic and quicker, kinda unproven but this will be a good testfor him.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I would have liked to see Forrest challenge Lil Nog. Brilz woldn't seem to have much of a chance but you never know.

The DWFs seem to love Rampage Jackson so I guess I'll kinda cheer for Evans though I will not be upset if he losses.

gatorprideFL

Rashad seems to be a more decent guy than rampage dont really care, kinda hope they head butt and knock each other out at once, that'd be the only satisfying ending for me.
Im more interested in the heavyweights, Todd Duffee knocked someone out in 7 seconds his last fight.
definitely will be pulling for him.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
gatorprideFL said:
Hey Dixie watch out for Duffee, the man is as big as Brock Lesnar and more athletic and quicker, kinda unproven but this will be a good test for him.

GPFL, Todd's a hoss with talent & whooped Assuerio Silva & Tim Hague's @$$es, BUT Brock cuts weight to make 265 & walks around at 290-300 (at 6'4). He also ran a 4.7 40 y/d (@ 286), with a 35" vertical leap with Vikings. With all due respect amigo, I dare say Duffee isn't as big or as athletic as Lesnar.
smiley2.gif

lesnarcard.jpg

BROC.jpg

wwe352da9vo.jpg

guest301

Hall of Famer
You are right Dixie, Brock is still the athletic freak and have not seen anybody in the heavyweight division at his level yet, not even Carwin. If Carwin beats Brock it won't be because he is the better athlete, just the tougher one.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Rampage hasn't fought in over a year, and is coming off wins against suspect opponents like Jardine and Wanderlei. All signs point to Evans winning. He only has one loss, which was to Machida fighting the fight of his life.

Personally, I'd rather see Rampage win, as Evans is obviously more of an eventual contender for Rua's belt. Rampage has 7 loses, so I'd like to see Rashad (and every other non-white fighter) catch up to him in that regard.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
gatorprideFL said:
Brock is an idiot he claims he is built like a black man......
<div>Still like him?</div>
<div> </div>

He played into the caste BS with that comment, BUT he's not a wigger/race traitor...as (like myself) grew up on a farm, loves to hunt & metal (Slayer, etc.) & married to a pretty White gal (although she's damaged goods IMO
smiley2.gif
). I don't like some of his antics & talk...but there's no denying he's a total monster. I prefer the more laid back fighters like Fedor, Matt Hughes, Matt Lindland, etc. However, there's not a more physically dominant fighter in MMA than Lesnar.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the results from UFC 114...

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen
Jensen defeated Forbes via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:06 of round 1.

Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs. Joe Brammer
Riley defeated Brammer via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
smiley20.gif

Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabaté
Diabaté defeated Cane via TKO (strikes) at 2:13 of round 1.
smiley6.gif
This bout aired on Spike after the Escudero vs. Lauzon fight.

Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe
Guillard defeated Lowe via TKO (strikes) at 3:28 of round 1.
smiley6.gif

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon
Escudero defeated Lauzon via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27).
smiley6.gif

Escudero was deducted 1 point due to repeated kicks to the groin.

Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Kim defeated Sadollah via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
smiley6.gif

Main card
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway
Hathaway defeated Sanchez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).
smiley20.gif

Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
Nogueira defeated Brilz via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).
smiley6.gif

Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
Russow defeated Duffee via KO (punch) at 2:35 in round 3.

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
Bisping defeated Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
Evans by UD (30-27, 29-28 and 30-27).

***Not an overall good night for White fighters. However, glad to see Hathaway beat the (mestizo) "Nightmare".

Anak

Mentor
Brilz was robbed and most people agree. I thought Duffee was looking awesome and then out of nowhere, blam, one of the weirdest KOs I've ever seen. Hopefully he bounces back from that and improves his cardio as well. Hathaway despite looking a lot bigger than Sanchez looked very impressive, especially considering he's still only 22 and Sanchez had only ever lost to Koscheck, Penn and Fitch. He could have finished that fight several times but Sanchez is quite tough.

The Rampage and Rashad Evans fight was a stinker, as was to be suspected since it was between two idiotic and annoying blacks and I didn't care about the outcome one way or the other. Rashad did all that trash talking like he was going to exchange fists and instead he just utilized the boring lean/lay and pray strategy, constantly shooting for takedowns just to lay on his opponent. Hopefully Shogun will destroy him, he knows what to train for at least.Edited by: Anak

foobar75

Master
Agreed, the so called "main event" was total garbage. Rampage will probably not get another sniff at the title, unless he stages a miraculous turn-around. He seems washed-up at this point. Leading up to the fight, all we saw in the previews was how this is hardest he'd ever trained, and that was a big letdown.

As for Rashad, I hope Shogun destroys him indeed, and that would probably seal the deal for any black fighters getting a shot at the 205 title for a long time. Most of the other contenders in the division are whites. (or semi-whites like Machida, who I'm sure will be back)

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The day before the fight, the Johnny-Come-Lately wigs on EPSN (who know nothing about MMA) were calling Rampage vs. Evans "the most anticipated fight in UFC history."Â￾ There were only a few good exchanges in the entire fight. Rampage dropped Evans and couldn't seem to hit him (which would have finished him), despite the fact that he was lying dazing and uncovered and ready to be KOed. Another exhibition of inferior hand-eye coordination by an afflete.

Perhaps these two tremendous loud-mouths and their legendary "twitter wars"Â￾ (whatever that is) should train a little harder. So much for the "fireworks"Â￾ they promised during the infinite hyping of this non-title fight. Rampage now has 8 losses"¦perhaps now he can focus all his energy on starring in unfunny and clichéd Hollywood Blacksploitation films.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, quasi-caste lackey Mike Goldberg said (during the Spike prelim fights) that this was the biggest fight in UFC history.
smiley8.gif
What shameless, unfounded hype that was. UFC 100 has the biggest card in UFC history, but the biggest draw might be UFC 115 (Lesnar vs. Carwin) on July 3rd.

Borussia

Guru
Re UFC 114:
Maybe I missed something, but Evans stayed with the tactical game plan and did not waver letting the adrenaline and hype alter his strategy. Frankly, I thought he fought quite well. True professional and obviously battle hardened with years of competition experience.
Yes, not at all exciting and creative, but effective. He bottled up Jackson and superior wrestling skill and knew enough about Jackson's strengths and weaknesses to capitalize.
Like Evans or not, he fought well and is one of the best in the UFC presently.
Shogun will defeat him, yet Evans should not at all be taken lightly.
Look, he knew trying to stand and trade power punches with Jackson was highly risky. Why take the chance when he knows he can bottle him up and wear him down?
that is a mark of a disciplined fighter and Evans can be commended for this.
Jackson has KO power no doubt. Yes, he'll be gone in a year since he has the Hollywood angle to play and training takes time and dedication, less he gets seriously hurt or damages his "rampage" gimmick.

Shogun vs Evans will be a anticipated match up.
Evans will lose, but the media will of course hype him up.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Borussia said:
Re UFC 114:
Maybe I missed something, but Evans stayed with the tactical game plan and did not waver letting the adrenaline and hype alter his strategy. Frankly, I thought he fought quite well. True professional and obviously battle hardened with years of competition experience.
Yes, not at all exciting and creative, but effective. He bottled up Jackson and superior wrestling skill and knew enough about Jackson's strengths and weaknesses to capitalize.
Like Evans or not, he fought well and is one of the best in the UFC presently.
Shogun will defeat him, yet Evans should not at all be taken lightly.
Look, he knew trying to stand and trade power punches with Jackson was highly risky. Why take the chance when he knows he can bottle him up and wear him down?
that is a mark of a disciplined fighter and Evans can be commended for this.
Jackson has KO power no doubt. Yes, he'll be gone in a year since he has the Hollywood angle to play and training takes time and dedication, less he gets seriously hurt or damages his "rampage" gimmick.

Shogun vs Evans will be a anticipated match up.
Evans will lose, but the media will of course hype him up.

smiley123.gif