UFC 109 : Couture vs. Coleman

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Fyi, here's the full card for this Saturday's UFC 109 in "Loss Wages"...

Main Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman
* Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen
* Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
* Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller
* Welterweight bout: Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

* Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz
* Lightweight bout: Guillard vs. Brazil Ronnys Torres

Preliminary Card
* Lightweight bout: Phillipe Nover vs. Rob Emerson
* Light Heavyweight Brian Stann vs. Phil Davis
* Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Chris Tuchscherer
* Heavyweight bout: Brazil Rolles Gracie vs. TBA

***I'll be pulling for Randy, Nate, Swick, Miller (although he'll probably get sub'd), Serra (vs. mulatto Trigg), Danzig, Torres (vs. afflete Guillard), Emerson & Stann (vs. "afrolete" Davis).

UFC 109

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I'm actually looking forward to this card even though it is not the strongest on paper.

Still think Maia can beat Silva if he ever gets a chance and will be cheering for him against Miller.

Dixie, are you sure Trigg is a "high yeller?" Looks like a white guy who just tans a lot to me.

hawkeye

Guru
frank trigg is white, also I don't think The Stann vs Davis fight is going to happen. It's not on the site anymore.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Fyi, Trigg's indeed a mulatto...

***Per Wikipedia

(Trigg was) "one of seven children raised by an African-American father and a European American mother"

***Reference article...

Anak

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
Fyi, Trigg's indeed a mulatto...

***Per Wikipedia

(Trigg was) "one of seven children raised by an African-American father and a European American mother"

***Reference article...

That seems like a vandalized comment.

"One of seven children raised by an African-American father and a European American mother with only one eye,<sup ="Template-Fact" title=" claim needs references to reliable sources from November 2008" style="white-space: nowrap;">[citation needed]</sup> Trigg's early years were not always easy."

I'm not saying he can't be but I really doubt he's a mulatto. Maybe an octoroon.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Anak, I've seen on other boards where he was alluded to as a mulatto. Koscheck is also one, and he has light eyes & hair. Anyways, I'll pull for Serra either way (although he's a bit obnoxious).

Trigg's Profile on Mulatto.org

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Anak, I've seen on other boards where he was alluded to as a mulatto. Koscheck is also one, and he has light eyes &amp; hair. Anyways, I'll pull for Serra either way (although he's a bit obnoxious).

Josh Koschek is a mulatto? Wow you learn something new every day. I always thought he was white.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Kos' mom was black & dad was of Russian background. He looks more mulatto in these pix...

Josh_Koscheck4.jpg

josh_koscheck.jpg

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Great job, Dixie!

Koscheck's hair texture, whether dyed blonde or blue or red (doesn't matter), made his African ancestry readily apparent. I once saw a fight where his hair was pressed against the cage-fence, and his hair didn't budge!

He also could be bleachin' his skin like Tyra, Oprah and Sluggin' Sammy!! Wouldn't surprise me..

Bear Backer

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
Anak, I've seen on other boards where he was alluded to as a mulatto. Koscheck is also one, and he has light eyes & hair. Anyways, I'll pull for Serra either way (although he's a bit obnoxious).

I was just going to say, I don't know who I like the least, Trigg or Sera.
smiley36.gif

If Sera were as big as his obnoxious mouth he would be a heavyweight, and if Trigg were any more fruity with his obsession about having compromising pictures taken of himself, they might have to call him something like Mary or twinkle toes....Oh wait!

I had honestly heard of Frank Trigg being a Mulatto before you mentioned it. He always seemed to me like one of those swarthy guys who you might see in a New Jersey club if ya know what I mean? bada bing.

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, Trigg and Serra, that's a toss down. I hate both of them.

Oh well, I hope at least one will get his ass kicked.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Well if Trigg is a mulatto he just went to sleep in the first round! Good win by Serra.

hawkeye

Guru
sux Stann lost. now all those nuthuggers on sherdog.com aren't going to shut up.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow - Sonnen looking great against Marquardt. Pretty big upset if it keeps up.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Big win by Sonnen. Chael has the style - great takedowns and brutal ground & pound - to beat A. Silva. Moreover, his glaring weakness - submissions - is not as big a worry with Silva who - despite his BJJ black belt - is still mainly a striker. Marquardt is a black belt in BJJ and he could not submit Sonnen who has now beaten two #1 contenders in a row (Okami and Nate) in addition to Dan Miller.

Hopefully Chael gets the title shot against Anderson and brings home another belt for our guys.

As for Nate Marquardt, he is still young and will be back. I was not too high on his chances in a rematch with Silva anyway.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I know Couture is a year older than Coleman but Mark looks ancient (more like 55 than 45). Randy dominated the first with dirty boxing.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Randy taps Coleman (though it looked more like Coleman went to sleep for a second or two).

I say let Couture get the winner of Rua-Machida.

hawkeye

Guru
disappointing ppv. the only good preformance was Randy's. Davis didn't impress me much I think he is the poor version of Ryan Bader.

freedom1

Mentor
Chuck Zito wants 1 million to fight in Octagon.

Chuck Zito is on Howard Stern this morning. He says he's training to fight in an mma match. He has spoken with a few orgs and Dana White. Chuck is 53 years old. He dropped down from 238lbs to 210. Chuck says he would try and keep the fight standing. He says he wants to fight for $1 million. I think there might be enough interest for Dana to try and set something up, but not for $1million. Not for $500k.
It would be cool to see the ultimate street tough guy fight in the octagon. I know Pride is looked down on for their "freak show" matches, but Zito is a legendary tough guy and it would be fun to watch him fight. Your thoughts?

UFC pioneers, Don Frye and Oleg Taktarov are set to face off in YAMMA Pit Fighting's first "Master Fight"Â￾ according to MMAjunkie.com.

YAMMA Pit Fighting is a new MMA organization founded by UFC creator, Bob Meyrowitz, which plans to hold its first show on April 11 in the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

A heavyweight tournament featuring 8 competitors is also set to take place on the card. Details of the layout of this 8-man tournament as well as some background information on the creator, Meyrowitz can be found in an article for CBSSports.com by our very own Sam Caplan.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Freedom, Zito's a legit bad@$$ (former boxer, martial artist, bodyguard & Hell's Angel), BUT he doesn't have the drawing potential to get signed by the UFC (although White lowered the bar signing "Bimbo Lice"). Zito may have a shot in Strikeforce, as they signed "affletes" Lashley & Herschel Walker.

Fyi, here's the full card results from UFC 109...

Preliminary card
Heavyweight bout: Rolles Gracie vs. Joey Beltran
Beltran defeated Gracie via TKO (punches) at 1:31 of Round 2.

Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Tuchscherer defeated Hague via majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28).

Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Phil Davis
Davis defeated Stann via unanimous decision.
smiley6.gif

Lightweight bout: Phillipe Nover vs. Rob Emerson
Emerson defeated Nover via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
smiley21.gif

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres
Guillard defeated Torres via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
smiley6.gif

Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz
Danzig defeated Buchholz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Main card
Welterweight bout: Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg
Serra defeated Trigg via KO (punches) at 2:23 of Round 1.
smiley32.gif

Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller
Maia defeated Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28).

Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
Thiago defeated Swick via technical submission (d'arce choke) at 1:54 of round 2.

Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen
Sonnen defeated Marquardt via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman
Couture defeated Coleman via technical submission (rear naked choke) at 1:09 of round 2.

***Notes
- Stann looked too one-dimensional (striking)...he needs to improve his takedown defense & BJJ.
- Davis is also one-dimensional (wrestling). "Blow Rogaine" & his lackey Goldberg were drooling over a match-up between greeeat affletes Jon Jones & Davis.
smiley8.gif

- Guillard looked improved via his training with Greg Jackson's camp, BUT still isn't an A-level fighter.
- Serra (re)proved his heavy hands.
- Sonnen looked better than ever & with his tough chin will give Silva trouble. Takedowns & sub defense will be the keys for Sonnen (IF Silva gets past Belfort).
- Randy is still close to/in his prime, whereas Coleman looked his age. He's slowed down & got owned by Randy.

hawkeye

Guru
On the plus side I found out that Chad Covin has signed with UFC. Covin is only 23 so it will be nice to see him and Todd Duffee as to Heavy weights with a long term future. Covin currently has been train at Xtreme couture.