Tye Fields

Gary

Mentor
On July 14-Tye Fields fights Maurice Harris in Las Vegas.July 15 in Germany Felix Sturm fights for the WBA Middleweight Title,Wladimir Sidorenko fights for the WBA Bantamweight Title.
Also on the card are 3 solid White Heavyweights Ruslan Chagaev,Egon Roth and Sebastain Kober.Two White Brothers will be fighting for the European Heavyweight Title,Paolo Vidoz of Italy fights Vladimir Vircis of the Ukraine.
I hope Fields beats Harris-hopefully by a clean KO-All the best to all the White Brothers
smiley32.gif
!!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Does the average poster here consider Arthur Abraham white? He is from Armenia and is pretty dark, he might well be the best middleweight in the world?

White_Savage

Mentor
I consider him "not Black, not even a little bit.". For me, that's enough
smiley4.gif

Gary

Mentor
The Tye Fields fight may be on TV-not sure of the German fights. Yes Arthur Abraham is White and a good fighter. Aremenians are White people-here are a few names you may have heard of. Ara Parseghian Head Coach Notre Dame, Ross Bagdasrian [known as David Seville and the Chipmunks], Garo Yepremian football player [kicker].Mike Conners[Mannix]. All were Aremenians.

Gary

Mentor
Good Win for Tye Fields. Chagaev won today by KO, Kober won by KO. Sidorenko won, Virchis won by KO. The only lost was by Sturm who was stopped late in the fight.
If Tye Fields was black he would be the darling of the media-6'9 270lbs!! Fields could beat Calvin Brock.

white is right

Hall of Famer
So much for German unification bout. Abraham vs Sturm could have been as big as the Rocky vs Darius fights or Darius vs Maske fight....
smiley18.gif

speedster

Mentor
Rocchigiani vs Darius yeah, but Maske never fought Darius.Speaking of Henry Maske he was a little boring to watch but he got the job done for his style of fighting,only Virgil Hill beat him.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Err your right, they were supposed to unify but Virgil Hill broke up the party, by beating Maske.....
smiley5.gif

Gary

Mentor
Now Maske wants to make a comeback and fight Hill again
smiley2.gif
.I wish him all the best
smiley1.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Tye Fields has been on a winning streak since his loss to Monte Barrett several years ago.

Tonight, he stopped 6'7" negro heavyweight Raymond Olubowale in round 3 of an 8 round fight, in an eliminator for a shot at the Canadian heavyweight title.

Parody said:
Tye Fields has been on a winning streak since his loss to Monte Barrett several years ago.

Tonight, he stopped 6'7" negro heavyweight Raymond Olubowale in round 3 of an 8 round fight, in an eliminator for a shot at the Canadian heavyweight title.
You're post really got me thinking, if not been for the eastern european heavyweights white boxing fans would still have to put their hopes in guys like Tye Fields, and we would still have negro's at the top of the sport
and media getting "digs" in on white maleswith cliche like"Don't bet on the white guy, HAHAHA!!"..

but now the shoe is on the other foot, and its the mediain full blowndamage control...

Westside

Hall of Famer
lost, good post. This Ty Fields, is truly a "club fighter" and one with a weak chin. If I was him, I would stop boxing and train others with more potential, as not to permanently injure himself.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Interesting crossroads fight for "Big Sky" coming up next month. He'll face former world title challenger Michael Grant 46-4(34) on March 11 in Vegas.

For me, it's whoever lands first will win.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just found out that Ty will fight Michael Grant 3/11/2011. If he can't beat a faded fighter like Grant, he needs to retire. I don't understand why this man can't get into 3/4 of the condition that the K Bros do in their fights. Ty never realized that prize fighting is a full time dangerous job. This means one has to be in outstanding condition during fight time, and eat a healthy diet between fights.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
We shouldn't be too hard on Tye Fields.

He didn't start boxing until he was about age 25 and has no amateur background. He is actually very athletic and is always in shape, he just doesn't have the technical skills and "muscle memory" for boxing, because he started so late.

In some ways, he is the exact opposite of Tyson Fury, who has been boxing since he was a small child and has excellent technical skills, but has little athleticism and doesn't come to fight in his best shape.

j41181

Master
Parody said:
We shouldn't be too hard on Tye Fields.

He didn't start boxing until he was about age 25 and has no amateur background. He is actually very athletic and is always in shape, he just doesn't have the technical skills and "muscle memory" for boxing, because he started so late.

In some ways, he is the exact opposite of Tyson Fury, who has been boxing since he was a small child and has excellent technical skills, but has little athleticism and doesn't come to fight in his best shape.
OUCH!
smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
from boxingtalk:

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: MICHAEL GRANT

By Benny "Big Dog" Henderson Jr.

Coming up this Friday night at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, NV, former heavyweight title challenger Michael Grant (46-4 with 34 KOs) will take on hard-hitting Tye Fields 45-2 (41) in a ten round heavyweight match-up. In this exclusive interview conducted by Boxingtalk, Grant speaks out on his upcoming opponent and more. Enjoy.

Benny Henderson Jr.: You are just days away from your scrap against Tye Fields; give the readers your thoughts on that match-up.

Michael Grant: "I got the phone call a month and a half out about this fight. My weight was already down so I didn't have to worry about getting into shape. I stayed home this time for camp and it really worked out well for me. I put in some good sparring. I know what Tye has to offer which is basically power, and he has no movement whatsoever."

BH: Correct me if I am wrong, but you are fighting Tye who is 6'8"Â￾, actually an inch taller than you. This your first opponent that you will be looking up too?

Michael Grant: I actually fought a 6'9"Â￾ guy out of Florida [Editor's Note: Wallace McDaniel, whom Grant stopped back in 2005].

BH: What was different in your preparation for this bout since Tye is taller than you? Granted it is only an inch and you have a longer reach, but was anything different?

MG: Didn't affect it at all, I have a better time fighting guys who are taller than me. The only difference is that he is a southpaw, but as far as height, everything is still there for me. He doesn't basically duck and roll like shorter guys do, basically he stands in front of you and throw big shots.

BH: Do you feel this is a make-or-break fight for you?

MG: Yes, but every fight is like that for me. It is make-or-break for me, but then again it is not a make or break fight. Can you understand that?

BH: I can see where you are coming from a bit. I guess you are saying that regardless of the outcome you will fight on, but it is a make or break because a win moves you closer to the top but a loss can set you back.

MG: Exactly.

BH: You have been in the business for several years now, fought for the title against Lennox Lewis in 2000. Now you are thirty-eight years old. How much do you feel you still have left for this division and fight game?

MG: I am getting on age, but I know the one thing that has been leaving this sport and that is quality. Quality is leaving the heavyweight division, boxing period. But that quality is still in me as a fighter and a person. What I can offer is quality-- you know you are going to get 110% from Michael Grant. That is what I have to offer, and secondly, people do not talk about this though, but my life is a ministry, I have to say this, after what I have done, I could have played football, basketball or baseball, but I choose boxing. My life is a ministry, there is a book in it, and I am not looking ahead of things, but just looking at what I have to offer to this sport.

BH: As far as the fight against Tye Fields goes, what style of fight are you expecting between the two of you?

MG: I think Tye is going to come out and basically throw all power shots trying to get the fight over with. I remember when I used to fight like that, but I am different now. I will basically use my legs more, pop shot hit, use the jab and right hand. I will use different angle and feed everything off the right hand, keep out of harms way and use my hands.

BH: If you would send a message out to Tye Fields using Boxingtalk as a platform what would it be?

MG: We just did an interview on channel 8, there was no trash talk or anything, he knows what I think of him, and he is going to bring power to the table.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I don't take pleasure in being the bearer of bad news, but Tye got bombed out in the 3rd round by a highlight reel overhand right by Grant, last night. This should be the final nail in Tye's career as a contender.

Time to do something else or learn a trade.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
I don't take pleasure in being the bearer of bad news, but Tye got bombed out in the 3rd round by a highlight reel overhand right by Grant, last night. This should be the final nail in Tye's career as a contender.

Time to do something else or learn a trade.

Damn! Once you get knocked out by Michael Grant it's time to hang it up.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm sure America could produce quite a few very good white boxers but it seems as if few whites in this country take part in the sport. Tye Fields was the "Great American White Hope" at heavyweight but he hasn't succeeded. Too bad Joe Mesi is done as well. He could have been the third best heavy after the Klitschko brothers.

Then again I really don't care too much. I'll take pride in the fact that the obese afflete Solis will be knocked out next weekend by one of the kings of the heavyweight division, Vitali Klitschko.

Edited by: whiteathlete33