Troy Apke

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Penn State safety Troy Apke was drafted by the Redskins in the 4th round of the 2018 draft with the 109th pick. Apke had an excellent Combine, demonstrating high end athleticism. Among his results were a 4.34 40 and a 6.56 3 cone, both outstanding times.

Here's what Redskins head coach Jay Gruden had to say about Apke after the Redskins drafted him.

"I think he improved as the season went on, I think he's a very good safety. He's got great range. You've seen him fill in run support and I think he's going to get better and better. I think the sky's the limit for him as a player. He takes good angles to the football and he's not afraid. It was a win-win not only as a safety but as a special teams player. I think he'll fit right in." Jay Gruden

Good luck to Troy Apke in his pro career.

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's a video of Apke running a 4.34 40.

Read the comments below. It's clear that white people are beginning to wake up. You would never have seen some of those comments 5 years ago.

A couple commenters called him "White Lightning" which is a good nickname for him. We should spread it around.

One thing I didn't like was he was referred to as a "white boy." He's not a boy he's a man. The anti-whites developed a policy of never calling white men men, it's always white males or white boys or guys, never white men. It's part of their never ending war against white men.

Shadowlight

Master
I am hesitant to label NFL Head Coaches anti caste. Some are clearly caste driven and we see that in College Head Coaches too. But trying to find consistent anti caste NFL coaches is practically impossible.

Even Belichick doesn't qualify as anti-caste in my book. Just look at his defense last season. And his earlier teams were by the book caste. Sure their number of important white receivers is an anomaly in the NFL but I personally think that has more to do with Tom Brady and the chemistry he develops with his receivers. For example Brady and Edelman bonded and became close friends. They practiced together on their own time to gel and be in sync. Think of Wes Welker and the way Brady mentored him.

Can you imagine a black QB taking the time to develop that kind of close bonding with a white WR? The records show white WRs falter when playing with a black QB. That has been a clear and ugly pattern

But back to Jay Gruden and Apke. I thought Gruden had arguably the best anti caste draft this year. But like so many Head Coaches it was probably an aberration rather than a trend. Before this season Jay Gruden was just like so many other NFL coaches. A middle of the road caste approach with an occasional white player popping up. Oddly off the top of my head much like the Chargers I cannot recall a white WR of import that has played for the Redskins going all the way back to the Riggins era. I could be mistaken but I swear this team has been allergic to having white WRs on their team.

With all that though credit should be given when it is deserved. Jay fought through the caste maze with a sharp knife. He didn't just let Apke flop into their hands as a late round pick. Gruden aggressively sought out Apke and didn't waste any time by nabbing him early in the fourth round. The quotes above in the first post by EP here reveal why he went after Apke.

Gruden also went after WR Trey Quinn. But management said no so by the luck of the draw Gruden was able to nab Quinn much later as the last pick in the draft.

In the case of Apke and Quinn Jay Gruden showed anti caste mettle so when it does happen, infrequent as it is, we should salute any coach that makes decisive moves that place white skill players at the forefront.

Also worth pointing out that the Redskins now have the best white running QB in the game Alex Smith. So a nice infusion of white athletic talent to their roster this season. They still have outstanding edge player Ryan Kerrigan too so a team to watch.

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Gruden also went after WR Trey Quinn. But management said no so by the luck of the draw Gruden was able to nab Quinn much later as the last pick in the draft.

I wonder what the reason is that management didn't want to take Quinn earlier even though their offensive minded head coach wanted to.

Also, Gruden's analysis echoes what Shadowlight has been saying about Apke in posts on this site. Looks like Shadowlight did a good job scouting Apke. His posts about him were spot on.

Riggins44

Master
I am hesitant to label NFL Head Coaches anti caste. Some are clearly caste driven and we see that in College Head Coaches too. But trying to find consistent anti caste NFL coaches is practically impossible.

Even Belichick doesn't qualify as anti-caste in my book. Just look at his defense last season. And his earlier teams were by the book caste. Sure their number of important white receivers is an anomaly in the NFL but I personally think that has more to do with Tom Brady and the chemistry he develops with his receivers. For example Brady and Edelman bonded and became close friends. They practiced together on their own time to gel and be in sync. Think of Wes Welker and the way Brady mentored him.

Can you imagine a black QB taking the time to develop that kind of close bonding with a white WR? The records show white WRs falter when playing with a black QB. That has been a clear and ugly pattern

But back to Jay Gruden and Apke. I thought Gruden had arguably the best anti caste draft this year. But like so many Head Coaches it was probably an aberration rather than a trend. Before this season Jay Gruden was just like so many other NFL coaches. A middle of the road caste approach with an occasional white player popping up. Oddly off the top of my head much like the Chargers I cannot recall a white WR of import that has played for the Redskins going all the way back to the Riggins era. I could be mistaken but I swear this team has been allergic to having white WRs on their team.

With all that though credit should be given when it is deserved. Jay fought through the caste maze with a sharp knife. He didn't just let Apke flop into their hands as a late round pick. Gruden aggressively sought out Apke and didn't waste any time by nabbing him early in the fourth round. The quotes above in the first post by EP here reveal why he went after Apke.

In the case of Apke and Quinn Jay Gruden showed anti caste mettle so when it does happen, infrequent as it is, we should salute any coach that makes decisive moves that place white skill players at the forefront.

Also worth pointing out that the Redskins now have the best white running QB in the game Alex Smith. So a nice infusion of white athletic talent to their roster this season. They still have outstanding edge player Ryan Kerrigan too so a team to watch.

It looks like even though the Redskins shot themselves in the foot yet again by letting Cousins go, I am going to have to watch them a bit this season because of Alex Smith, Apke and Quinn.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's another article about Apke. I read the article and a lot of the comments.

One thing I noticed is that some had the attitude that he couldn't possibly get better than he already was. You see this attitude toward a lot of white players, they can never improve. I think it's subconscious on the part of many who have this attitude.

Apke is a one year starter who improved as the year went on. With his athleticism there's no reason he can't improve as a pro.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/5/18/17334908/a-closer-look-at-troy-apke-with-black-shoe-diaries

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's a highlight video of Troy Apke. You may want to mute the audio.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Focus graded Apke as good in coverage during his last year in college.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Didn't he run the fastest db 40 in the combine???!!!!

He was the fastest safety. He ran a 4.34 40. There were a couple of small cornerbacks that ran 4.32 40s.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
only a 4.34... decent staright line speed alright

Yes, if he was black they'd say excellent but since Apke is white they describe his speed as only "decent." A typical example of how they minimize white players.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Troy Apke suffered a hamstring injury in the first game of the season and is only now 100% healthy. Hopefully he'll get some playing time this week.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For whatever it's worth:

Bleacher Report lists the Washington Redskins' surprise starter

The Washington Redskins' quarterback competition is going to grab headlines all throughout training camp, but there are other interesting position battles that are worth noting as well. One of those is going on in the secondary.

While there are several cornerbacks who will be vying for snaps, there's a starting position open at safety and an opportunity to play alongside Landon Collins.

The favorite to win this job is Montae Nicholson, who held down the starting spot last season until the Redskins acquired Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at the trade deadline. There are several candidates who could end up overtaking him however, and Bleacher Report listed one when trying to predict which surprise starter could emerge for the Redskins in 2019:

"Going into the 2018 draft, Troy Apke garnered buzz because of his athleticism, and the Redskins selected him in the fourth round. During his rookie term, he only suited up for two games and didn't play a single defensive snap.

This offseason, Apke will battle Montae Nicholson and DeshazorEverett for a starting role alongside All-Pro safety Landon Collins.

In December, Nicholson was arrested and charged with assault and battery and public drunkenness, but the charges were dropped in May. [Gee, what a surprise!]

Nicholson started the first seven games of the last campaign. Then the Washington Redskins acquired Ha Ha Clinton-Dix via trade with the Packers, and he started the last nine contests at safety. Everett opened three outings with the first unit.

Clinton-Dix signed with the Bears, which explains the vacancy in the secondary.

Head coach Jay Gruden took note of Apke's strides during the spring, perJake Kring-Schreifels and Kyle Stackpole of Redskins.com. "Apke is doing well," he said. "It's been good to see him get a lot of these reps and work. Obviously last year he didn't get a whole lot with his hamstring, so he's progressing nicely."

Apke's healthy hamstring could become his springboard into a starting role over Nicholson and Everett."

While fans may have forgotten about him, Apke is a player the Redskins are excited about. With that being said however, if the Redskins weren't equally high on Nicholson, they would have released him after his arrest last year. Instead, they decided to stick with him, and were rewarded for their loyalty when all charges against him were dropped.

Still, Apke will have opportunities to prove his worth in training camp.

"I think he improved as the (2017) season went on, I think he's a very good safety,” coach Gruden said last April. “He's got great range. You've seen him fill in run support and I think he's going to get better and better. I think the sky's the limit for him as a player. ... He's still learning the position. He takes good angles to the football and he's not afraid."

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/Troy-Apke-Redskins-surprise-starter-133204624/

Sean89

Mentor
Great to read, I know we are always on guard with off season praise like this, but this guy clearly has the ability to play. If he was black he'd be a rotational CB out the gate at the least.
6" plus, 200 odd lbs with a 4.34 !!

Hopefully if things keep progressign for him he should find himself in situations where he can play in certain packages much like how things began for Sorensen

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I looked at the Redskins depth chart. Apke is listed as the starting safety.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
any news on Apke’s front? since making the switch to cornerback, it’s obvious that he should’ve been playing there from the beginning of his career. but will he be given the chance to develop his literally-all-time-great talent for the position into the necessary skills required?

Red Raider

Mentor
any news on Apke’s front? since making the switch to cornerback, it’s obvious that he should’ve been playing there from the beginning of his career. but will he be given the chance to develop his literally-all-time-great talent for the position into the necessary skills required?
He had been doing pretty well in practice and the first two preseason games but last night wasn’t a good one. The Ravens backup torched them for 4 TD’s and I know Troy got burned 1-on-1 on a deep one. I still think he can make the roster, especially with his special teams ability.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yes, Apke's made the 53-man roster. He's the first rostered white CB since 2002 according to the articles coming out about him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yes, Apke's made the 53-man roster. He's the first rostered white CB since 2002 according to the articles coming out about him.
Amazing! Almost 20 years totally shutout of a singular position. Not 1 White man out of millions who could do the job, the “sports are a meritocracy” DWFs and media cucks tell us. Rather, this should be proof of the Caste System to any critical thinking individual.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Amazing! Almost 20 years totally shutout of a singular position. Not 1 White man out of millions who could do the job, the “sports are a meritocracy” DWFs and media cucks tell us. Rather, this should be proof of the Caste System to any critical thinking individual.

When you confront the DWFs with the obvious discrimination against white people they will deny it. No many how many examples of white athletes with high end athleticism who are athletic enough to play cornerback white they will claim they can't possibly do it and there is no discrimination.

These people have been trained like dogs to defend, tooth and nail, anything that is against white people. They're too stupid to question their brainwashing.

TwentyTwo

Master
I remember Corner Back Peter Ittersagen played for the Titans in 2010...think he dressed out at least 3 games? Not sure if he got cut by the Seahawks?

Was there anybody else i'm missing? Yeah it's a strange phenomena ..in a country of over 300+ million...No way! If i talk to a white kid playing Corner Back now ; i tell them "don't let them move you to Safety"!

Rooting for Troy Apke ..maybe he can be the domino that drops??
Riley Moss - Iowa ((( TWO PICK SIXES yesterday)) should be Drafted in the NFL! They will not be able to convert him to Safety.....
Maybe Stanford CB Ethan Bonner can step up his game? Seems like the type of player the NFL would convert to Safety! ((see Weddle / Fox/ etc)?

.....then a step backwards yesterday .....Arkansas vs Rice thought we'd get to see 2 white Corner Backs starting (ex walk-on Hudson Clark & Andrew Bird) ...But never saw them on the field the little i watched of the game.

Remember as a kid when white CB's began to be phased out....Stan Smagala was a great CB @ Notre Dame moved to Safety in the NFL.....Same with John Mangum (Alabama) moving to Safety for the NFL/Bears ....
Scott Case excelled @ CB for many years ;then moved to Safety at end of his career

Maybe it started before then when Redskins CB Tory Nixon career never got off the ground??? fizzled away really fast.....

Jimmy Johnson started that (Oklahoma St) ...Miami (mid/late 80's)with smaller faster defenses.....CB's became Safties ....Safeties became OLB's ....

El Gringo

Mentor
Apke needs to put on the black mask and undershirt like weddle and moss keep the dwfs off his case.