Tribute to my new avatar

Kaptain

Master
I can't help it. Fran Tarkenton is my favorite player of all time. The video link shows some of his most amazing plays. You won't see plays like those anymore. With all the talk of the "new breed" of mobile quarterbacks, I think we need a reminder that it hasn't been done better than the "old breed."

tarkenton

backrow

Hall of Famer
it was about time for you to stop using an avatar so close to mine
smiley2.gif

good choice of a player though!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video. I hadn't watched some of those famous scrambles for a long time.

There's a huge difference between running to enable a pass to be thrown (white QBs), and just taking off down the field as fast as possible as soon as pressure is felt (guess who?).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Who was the first to use the Alstott avatar anyway? I would have kept it just to bother backrow, Kaptain.
smiley36.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
That's a great avatar and a better vid. I thought you guys had forgotten about him as he seems to be rarely mentioned here. When Doug Flutie played up here in Canada he played like that. Big, big, difference between Tark and the black scramblers of today. Tark read defenses, those dummies can't, or won't, and Tark was durable, obviously he played injured, those dummies can't, or won't.

Tarkenton set every passing record in the books, while playing most of his career on bad teams (I speak as a fan of the 60s/70s Vikings), against defenses that hadn't been hobbled by asinine rules changes, and in mud, rain, and snow. Vick could't shine Fran's shoes.