TRADE Toby Gerhart!

Don Wassall said:
It'll be interesting to see how the Titans play this week.  Last year they totally quit until Kerry Collins was benched and Vince Young made the starter.  Now it's a Young vs. Jeff Fisher battle; it won't be surprising if the team quits again as Young is almost as beloved among black players and fans as Michael Vick. 

As I have indicated, I've followed pro football for some 50 years. It is common for a coach and QB to reach a point of no return. When it happens one of them has to go. Sometimes it will be both, as with Van Brocklin and Tarkenton with the Vikings in 1966.

Adams used to fire his coaches very frequently. He fired Bum Phillips after making the playoffs 3 straight years. It is surprising to an old-line football fan like myself to see Adams keep Fisher around so long.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Old owners tend to mellow at they age. The only "crazy" owner that I have seen around the same age as Adams was Harold Ballard who had an ongoing drama until the day he died. The drama was so bad that whenever he got sick the stocks of MLG went up and writers you to say that he was manipulating the stock by feigning sickness...
smiley36.gif