Tony Romo: Basketball player

Was half-watching Sixers/Bullets last night, and announcers mentioned Caron Butler played Tony Romo twice in the Wisconsin basketball state finals in high school and that Butler said Romo looked like a future NBA player, going for 30 points both games. However, Butler did not speculate on any miscegenation in Romo's ancestry to explain his basketball ability.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Romo hit the daily double this week, appearing on the cover of The Sporting News and being the subject of an article in Sports Illustrated.

The SI article briefly mentions his Mexican ancestry on his father's side. His mother is German and Polish.

backrow

Hall of Famer
another player of Polish descent! yeah baby!

off the top of my head:

Bill Romanowski
Bruce Gradkowski
Paul Posluszny
Tommy Zbikowski
Mark Chmura

plus just about half of white offensive linemen in the league
smiley2.gif
and many othersEdited by: backrow

voice

Guru
Strange..

I was wondering what was up with his blank stare. He looks white but I was wondering about that soulless stare.

I didn't know until I saw his dad tonight on Sunday Night football. I hadn't seen this post.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
voice said:
Strange..

I was wondering what was up with his blank stare. He looks white but I was wondering about that soulless stare.

I didn't know until I saw his dad tonight on Sunday Night football. I hadn't seen this post.

wtf are you talking about?

voice

Guru
White Shogun said:
voice said:
Strange..

wtf are you talking about?

Mexican Father-White Mother

That "wtf" I am talking about..I suspected something when I saw his blank goofy stare. Sorry, is that racist to dislike "Native American"-European breeding?

I suppose we could push that incovenient fact under the rug because he is a darn good quarterback.
smiley32.gif
smiley7.gif
Edited by: voice

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Blank, soulless, goofy stare? LOL

Soulless and goofy usually aren't used to describe the same stare.
smiley2.gif

You can dislike whom ever you choose, voice. It was the 'soulless' part that made me curious. I wasn't sure if you have a metaphysical belief that only white people have souls, or if you were just trying to say Romo appears empty-headed.

If a person is only half-white, do they have a soul, half a soul, or no soul? Things that make you say "hmmm....."
smiley24.gif

voice

Guru
If a person is only half-white, do they have a soul, half a soul, or no soul? Things that make you say "hmmm....."
smiley24.gif
[/QUOTE]

I can say with some certainty by personal experience, that 90%(10% may have but could they recreate it with what is lurking in their genotype?) of the time a mixed breed whether they be Euro-Amer/Indian, Sub/Saharan-Euro or Asian-Euro won't have the the behavioural characteristics(not very metaphysical I'm afraid just biological) that define the european soul from a purely physiological perspective that I live by.

Many define a soul by what they have learned from the semitic religions, whereas I define it as how western european caucasoids express their genotype through phenotypical distintiveness in appearance, culture and environment.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
voice said:
Many define a soul by what they have learned from the semitic religions, whereas I define it as how western european caucasoids express their genotype through phenotypical distintiveness in appearance, culture and environment.

I like that definition!
smiley20.gif