Tommy Avers-Southlake Carroll

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I've seen his name here on CF before, but I couldn't find a topic head for him, I think that Jimmy C mentioned him before.
I find it amazing that this kid, who runs for 1,626 yards on 186 carries (8.74 ypc) with 22 TD's, plus another 391 yards on 38 receptions, altogether almost 2,300 all-purpose yards including kick returns, cannot be found on any recruiting site!!
According to this site, which allegedly was "hired" to promote him (great job-NOT), he's going to be at the Air Force Academy next year. Now, it's good that he'll be at a D1 program, but it's a service academy, where white skill players are always pooh-poo'd no matter how great they do.
According to the bio on the video, he's 5'9", 185 pounds, runs a 4.5 40 and a 4-flat shuttle, and he played for one of the TOP 5A high school programs in all of Texas, and dominated against the best competition,whom most aregetting scholarships, if they're black, of course.
Caste system blatant racism, at its finest.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good find FootballDad! McGuffie is one of very few white runningbacks that were actually highly recruited in Texas. Why this kid wasn't is obvious.

JReb1

Mentor
And the ONLY reason McGuffie was even recruited IMO was because his YouTube video became so big that even they couldn't ignore him until after he arrived on campus. The DWF/students really gave Sam hell at UM, that's why he transferred. They blamed UM's lack of success that year on the best player (a true freshman at that) on the team because he happened to be a rare White HB...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
And the ONLY reason McGuffie was even recruited IMO was because his YouTube video became so big that even they couldn't ignore him until after he arrived on campus. The DWF/students really gave Sam hell at UM, that's why he transferred. They blamed UM's lack of success that year on the best player (a true freshman at that) on the team because he happened to be a rare White HB...
[/QUOT

The DWF's will continue to give him hell at Rice as well. They never shut up when they feel a more "qualified" afflete should be on the field.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Good find Football Dad!

I don't think Sam will get hell at Rice. Rice was an atrocious team this year and Sam is too good for them to keep on the bench if they want to turn the ship around. Even if mediocre play from Sam- would make Sam the best tailback on the roster. If Sam can get Rice even back into the bowl picture this year (hopefully eventually into a BCS bowl game) he will be the biggest hero at the school. QB Nick Fantuzzi is a dink and dunker and they will need better play from him if Sam is going to reach his potential at Rice.

Sam had 3 good games (Notre Dame, Toledo and Miami of Ohio) before his concussion problems hit at Michigan. I'm not surprised the DWFs gave him hell for the normally very black Wolverines. DWFs seem to be mentally programmed (like a dog is to bark) to react negatively to a white back like Sam unless he played as well as C.J Spiller or Mark Ingram immediately. Even then they'd probably have to win the Big 10 or a big bowl game so they'd cut Sam a break at a place like Michigan. Michigan actually had a better record with Sam starting then with Brandon Minor last year, but the fans probably couldn't tell you that.

On Tommy Avers. Wow, just wow. A guy who runs a 4.5 40 (about the NFL average for a starting RB) with a blazing 4 flat short shuttle (a phenomenal 0.5 agility difference) and puts up such a high YPC against the top competition in Texas would be a huge recruiting hit if he were black. Playing for Southlake Caroll- I'd predict he'd be in the Rivals 250 if he were black. I haven't seen his highlights to know for sure however. Rivals doesn't accurately break down film in scouting reports anyway. blah blah blah...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey ToughJ, on the link I posted, it shows a fair amount of highlights from some of his games. He has a good burst, is very shifty, and has decent top end speed. It is good to note that they players that he is up against on this video are the best in the Dallas area. We'll leave the kissing part alone, however.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah to run a 4 flat short shuttle even if you run a 4.3 40 you'd have to be damn shifty. But to run it with a 4.5 forty, shows he barely slows down at all to make his cuts! Maybe we should nickname this kid the flea!