Tomasz Adamek vs. Steve Cunningham II

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Of course, I am very happy to see Tomasz win! This was a great fight, lots of action, very entertaining, and its nice that when boxing is on TV that the fights are entertaining. Sometimes you get boring fights and that's no good. This fight was very fun to watch.

I am extremely happy to see Tomasz win and I was fully supporting him to win the fight. Tomasz really has the heart of a champion, and he won the fight based on his efforts in rounds 11 and 12.

I have to be honest though, what really stole me on this card was Vyacheslav Glazkov. I was *extremely impressed* with him. Tor Hamer is a very decent opponent, and Glazkov absolutely outclassed him.

Hamer quit on his stool, which is a TKO win for Glazkov. Glazkov won rounds 3 and 4 big, and by round 4 he was just walking in and beating Hamer up. Those body shots and hooks were wearing Hamer down.

When a fighter quits on his stool, its the same thing as a TKO. It means that had the fight gone on, in another round or 2, Hamer would have been KO'd anyway. I really liked what I saw from Glazkov, this guy really looks amazing. I was expecting a decision win from him tonight, but this TKO win is even better.

Tremendous performance from Glazkov and I thought he stole the show tonight. Glazkov completely outclassed a very decent opponent in Hamer, and I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on Glazkov in all his fights from now on! Adamek put on a furious pace in the main event. Overall, 2 enjoyable fights :)

How did you score the Adamek fight. I had him up by 2 rounds.

Also, I found the commentating overall to be decent. Freddie Roach is a standup guy, his commentating is "no bullsh1t", he calls it like he sees it and he doesn't favour any fighter because of race, that's a standup guy.

On the other hand, I noticed particularly in the last round, BJ Flores seemed to be cheering Cunningham on and referred to things as being close when the last round was a god damn landslide for Adamek. BJ Flores showed his true colours in the last round and was obviously rooting for Cunningham to win.

How did you score the Adamek fight. I had him up by 2 rounds.

I have to be honest, I thought it was a close fight and maybe a draw would have been most accurate. If I had to pick a winner, Adamek, but it was very close. I certainly don't think Cunningham won though, so I'd say a draw, or Adamek by 115-113 is the most fair results. I thought Adamek fought better in the first fight, and I guess at age 36 he is slowing down a bit. No one's perfect and we can't stay on top forever. Adamek has had a lot of tough fights in his career and I think maybe they are catching up with him a bit.

Nevertheless, I am fully happy that Adamek won. I am also surprised he won because usually in black-vs-white fights, American judges tend to give close decisions to the Negro. This is one of those 1/10 situations where the white guy actually gets a close decision. The other 9/10 times this decision would go to the Negro.

Regardless, I'm a big Adamek fan and he has the heart of a champion. Always gives a great fight and thats amazing.

Steve Cunningham is also a very good boxer, and Tomasz deserves credit for beating him in the first fight as well as tonight. Cunningham seemed extremely motivated tonight, and in light of that, Adamek deserves even more credit for winning tonight against a motivated, world class opponent.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Also, I found the commentating overall to be decent. Freddie Roach is a standup guy, his commentating is "no bullsh1t", he calls it like he sees it and he doesn't favour any fighter because of race, that's a standup guy.

On the other hand, I noticed particularly in the last round, BJ Flores seemed to be cheering Cunningham on and referred to things as being close when the last round was a god damn landslide for Adamek. BJ Flores showed his true colours in the last round and was obviously rooting for Cunningham to win.

Adamek is a great fighter but certainly not without his flaws. Chambers gave him problems too and they called that one a robbery!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I scored it 115-113 for Adamek.

There were two very close rounds that could have been scored 10-10, one of which I gave to Cunningham and one I gave to Adamek.

Cunningham was doing okay when he fought back, but for much of the fight he ran and just flicked the jab. He had zero power punches in some rounds like round one.

Except for Freddie Roach, today's commentators were very biased.

BJ Flores has been okay in his commentary during Klitschko fights and during the Glazkov fight today, but he wasn't being fair to Adamek and was obviously rooting for Cunningham.

Except for Freddie Roach, today's commentators were very biased.

BJ Flores has been fair in his commentary during Klitschko fights and during the Glazkov fight today, but he wasn't giving Adamek credit today and was obviously rooting for Cunningham.

Fully agreed. I like Roach's commentating and found it fair, but Flores clearly was biased and wanted Cunningham to win. Flores' comments in round 12 I found to be absurd, he was cheering Cunningham on and tried to say the round was close when it clearly was not a close round. Adamek won round 12 easily.

The 3rd guy in the team (not sure his name) I didn't really listen to much, so can't comment on him.

Most of all I was impressed with Glazkov tonight, I thought he fought an excellent fight. Tremendous performance from him and he certainly gained a lot of awareness after stopping someone like Hamer on National TV. I didn't think he would stop Hamer and was expecting a decision win, but this TKO win is just amazing. Great fight from him and great to see another talented heavyweight from Ukraine, I predict great things for this guy.

Nice to see Euros going 2-0 on Primetime American TV! :)

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Most of all I was impressed with Glazkov tonight, I thought he fought an excellent fight. Tremendous performance from him and he certainly gained a lot of awareness after stopping someone like Hamer on National TV. I didn't think he would stop Hamer and was expecting a decision win, but this TKO win is just amazing. Great fight from him and great to see another talented heavyweight from Ukraine, I predict great things for this guy :)
I had it close to a draw, it could have been the right verdict. I had Adamek sweeping the late rounds, but losing most of the early rounds. It looked like the Pole was too measured early on and was being too economical with his punches. Once Bloodworth told him he was sleep walking through the fight he swept rounds 9 through 12 and edged the judges score cards. I still don't think fighting Wlad is a good idea as there is basically nothing he can do against Wlad but get hammered as he isn't faster and isn't more powerful. If Adamek want's to win a belt at heavyweight he should go after the "regular" WBA after I presume Wlad hammers Povetkin. Or maybe if Vitali retires he can posistion himself for a shot against Areolla or maybe Haye for the vacant WBC belt.

Last edited:
I had it close to a draw could have been the right verdict. I had Adamek sweeping the late rounds, but losing most of the early rounds. It looked like the Pole was too measured early on and was being to economical with his punches. Once Bloodworth told him he was sleep walking through the fight he swept rounds 9 through 12 and edged the judges score cards.

Yes, I saw the fight the exact same way as you. Tomasz started a bit slow, but the last rounds were electric and he swept 9-12. In a way, I feel had Tomasz started that assault earlier, maybe he could have got a TKO or knockdown. I would have liked to see Tomasz throwing more punches in the fight and maybe he could have scored some knockdowns like in the first fight.

Overall, I thought the fight was basically very close and maybe draw, but if I had to pick a winner I'd go Adamek, 114-114, or 115-113 Adamek are fair cards, because he was the aggressor and he also closed the fight on a better standing. Actually I think Cunningham was shaken quite bad in the last two rounds, its a shame Adamek didn't have an extra round in the fight!

In any case, I am extremely happy Adamek won and to be honest I'm surprised he won because close decision type fights usually go to Negroes in the USA, if the judges don't just rob foreigners outright (re: Kotelnik/Alexander, Broner/ PDL, De La Hoya/ Mayweather, Judah/Matthyse, Casamayor/Cruz to name a few).

9 times out of 10 a close decision goes to the Negro, so I won't complain at all the 1 time that a close decision actually goes to the white fighter, like tonight.

Over at BoxRec.Com forums, you've got various black supremacists and wiggers crying "robbery" over this decision, one guy at that site even said he scored the fight 117-111 Cunningham. Jesus, that's a horrible score. This fight was not a robbery. Close fight? Yes. Robbery? No. In any case, I'm glad that their guy lost a close decision. Most of the time unfortunately its white fighters that get robbed in the USA, but where are the wiggers and black supremacists who cry robbery in those instances?

I'm happy Adamek won and he fully deserved it. :)

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I thought Cunningham outboxed Adamek and won.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I just rewatched the fight. I scored it 115 to 113 Adamek. It was a very close fight. A draw would have been justified as well.

Adamek's timing was off. He missed several fight ending blows by inches. Cunningham fought a well disciplined fight, which probably had something to do with it. Adamek also forgot to tax the body.

Adamek needs to get down to 220 or 218 lbs. The weight is robbing him of his quickness.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I just rewatched the fight. I scored it 115 to 113 Adamek. It was a very close fight. A draw would have been justified as well.

Adamek's timing was off. He missed several fight ending blows by inches. Cunningham fought a well disciplined fight, which probably had something to do with it. Adamek also forgot to tax the body.

Adamek needs to get down to 220 or 218 lbs. The weight is robbing him of his quickness.
I agree.

The extra weight was slowing Adamek down. But Cunningham just ran most of the time, and Adamek took the fight to him. 115-113 Adamek is the right scorecard. I think Cunningham could have won if he's been more aggressive in the second half of the fight, but he has no one but himself to blame.