Tim Tebow and Race Discussion on ESPN First Take

L

Lew

[video=youtube;st7JRB4U3fQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7JRB4U3fQ[/video]

if you're pressed for time skip to the 9 minute mark for when Kordell Stewart comes in. Watch it all if you can cause I'd love to hear your responses.

It's pretty sad but this is probably how most of America feels about the subject :thumbdown:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even know where to begin to critique how one-sided that was, and from a group that kept patting themselves on the back for having a "frank" discussion on race. Tebow has had only a handful of games to prove himself, and the reality is that most in the media were ready to bury him after one or two starts, and some even before he started a game. Stewart by his own admission had 96 starts; his position is meritless and merely shows once again the apparently unbridgeable gap in perceptions between blacks and whites in this country (and of course all the "whites" in the media also share and encourage blacks to have such absurd grievances). The NFL has wanted nothing more ever since Stewart was drafted than to have lots of successful black QBs, as do the major college programs. Blackie always blames his failures on Whitey no matter how much Whitey bends over to try and help him succeed.

SchaafC

Guru
The fallacy here is that black QB's struggles to gain acceptance in the NFL; this needs to be pointed out.
Granted this did happen in times past, but that is no longer the case. If a white RB or WR was selected in the top 1-10 of the NFL draft with the regularity that black QB's are this site would not exist plain and simple.

They act like all the pundits believed in him as a QB; when in fact most of them were clamoring for him to be moved to FB or TE. He was picked with the 25th pick, not a top ten pick. If Josh McDaniel didn't believe in him it is hard to say if he would even be getting the same opportunity he his now. He was not handed anything; did he walk in and right away get the starting job? No!
Tebow has won in almost every pressure situation, that is why he is a big deal; that is why he is the starter.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Complete rubbish. Just 3 angry/jeolous former affelets using junior high school reasoning. Two White semi pandering pundits. Although Bayless has been one of Tebow's biggest defenders all season.

Waiting for the segment on the wholesale screwing of White running backs from from High School to the NFL. I'll be in a sauna in hell waiting for the rest of hell to freeze over for that one.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I refuse to listen to what that buffoon Stewart has to say. From what I'm reading here, it's obviously not good. Stewart is an black quarterback that was given years as a starter despite consistently being one of the worst quarterbacks in the league so what does he have to say about it? Scott Frost, Matt Jones, and Eric Crouch could have been incredible running quarterbacks with actual passing skills and not just dink dunkers like Stewart.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Typical racist barbershop gibberish of the sort that Black people spew when they call Rocky Marciano a pu**y but would obviously have their skulls crushed by a man even 1/100th as tough as The Rock.

Highlander

Mentor
Did these same Caste clowns on BSPN have the same round-table discussion about race when Gerhart was picked #54 (or whatever it was) in the NFL draft after he was runner-up to the Heisman (and should've won it)? Of course not as they were too busy unjustifiably disparaging him, his accomplishments, and his potential. They are nothing but a bunch of hypocritical f***s as is the whole d*mn channel.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To have Kordell Stewart of all people so bitter is very revealing of the black psyche. There has never been a quarterback as coddled and pandered to, and given so much opportunity to succeed in spite of the overwhelming evidence that he wasn't cut out for the position, as Kordell Stewart. Watching him play was both painful and comical at the same time. He had good games now and then but mostly was a lot closer in skill level to LSU's QB the other night than Peyton Manning.

White quarterbacks are almost always on a short leash if they don't produce right away. Yes, there are the rare exceptions like Alex Smith, who was a first overall draft pick, but more common are examples like Tim Tebow, who if he hadn't won right away would have been demoted with likely no chance at starting again for any team. But Stewart was given seven seasons because he was deemed to be the prototype of the "new" "athletic" quarterback that was going to take the NFL by storm in the 21st century.

And now Kordell has been given something else he doesn't deserve -- a high-paying network job thanks again to affirmative action. And instead of having humility and gratitude we saw the real Kordell -- angry, bitter, blaming "racism" for his failures as a quarterback. He needs to watch some of Rev. Manning's sermons.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Kordell Stewart probably cost Pittsburgh a championship with his mediocre qb play. He had 6 years to get some consistency and then after he had one great season he bombed in the playoffs and had a horrible start in the following season and Cowher knew his job was on the line so he demoted Stewart for Maddox. Stewart needs to look in the mirror to see why he was "drummed" out of the league after failing in Pittsburgh. I suspect he was a locker room cancer and the homosexual rumours probably hastened his departure once he couldn't "win" anymore.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Is Stewart angry that Tebow is a better athlete than he was? One thing I notice is Stewart was a starter for five full seasons and parts of others. Tebow has now only been a starter for one season, and not even a full season. Stewart's best rushing total for a season was 537 yards and he started the full 16 games. Tebow surpassed that total this season with 660 rushing yards and remember this is with only 11 games as a starter. Tebow is already better at the one thing Stewart was known for, his rushing ability.

Stewart simply hates the new wave of white running quarterbacks because they threaten blacks at the position. Remember, we still have Jake Locker whose an even better athlete than Tebow and if given a chance to become a full time starter has a chance to crack 1,000 rushing yards in a season.

Last edited:

Tom Iron

Mentor
If it weren't for race, blacks would have nothing to talk about. It wouldn't matter if the subject was a solution to the crab grass problem, it would somehow lead to race for them. That's the beginning and the end of their existance. Actually, that's the reason they can't succeed in anything for long (the vast majority of them). Whatever they attempt, it's only a matter of time before they louse themselves up.

The only black I ever heard of who lived his life from beginning to end on the up and up was Booker T. Washington. He said in his book, "Up From Slavery," that one of the things wrong with blacks were that they couldn't work. That about the second swing with the pickaxe in the mine (Washington worked in a mine before going/walking to Hampton Institute), blacks would see God and put on a Minister's collar and get themselves as far away from actual work as they could. Lastly about Washington. His speech, "The American Standard," is the finest Civil rights speech ever delivered. A real humdinger. No baloney, no sentimentality, just straight talk about what has to be done to qualify as Americans. I think if he were alive today and delivered that speech, he'd be killed.

Tom Iron...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If it weren't for race, blacks would have nothing to talk about. It wouldn't matter if the subject was a solution to the crab grass problem, it would somehow lead to race for them. That's the beginning and the end of their existance. Actually, that's the reason they can't succeed in anything for long (the vast majority of them). Whatever they attempt, it's only a matter of time before they louse themselves up.

The only black I ever heard of who lived his life from beginning to end on the up and up was Booker T. Washington. He said in his book, "Up From Slavery," that one of the things wrong with blacks were that they couldn't work. That about the second swing with the pickaxe in the mine (Washington worked in a mine before going/walking to Hampton Institute), blacks would see God and put on a Minister's collar and get themselves as far away from actual work as they could. Lastly about Washington. His speech, "The American Standard," is the finest Civil rights speech ever delivered. A real humdinger. No baloney, no sentimentality, just straight talk about what has to be done to qualify as Americans. I think if he were alive today and delivered that speech, he'd be killed.

Tom Iron...

Tom...great post once again.

I remember taking an African American history class in college and the differing views Booker T. Washington and WEB DuBois took on the role/perception of blacks in America. Washington offered a more pragmatic approach - assimilating into society through good morals and work ethic just like every other ethnic group in America had done since its inception. WEB DuBois bascially paved the way for the complete opposite - being loud, boisterous, not assimilating etc. The black community obviously adopted the DuBois school of thought as can be seen today.

I basically believe that blacks in this country are basically treated the same as spoiled children - they whine and whine until they either get their way or whine until a whole society has pandered to them. This is where as a society we stand now.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I posted about this discussion of this subject weeks ago and I got so tired of hearing that P#$$Y Kordell Stewart whine and cry about the struggle of the black QB it made me sick, so I finally quit watching "Wrong Take" on BSPN!

Like Don said it's very difficult to begin discussing how much crap was in that segment, but I will try to expose BSPN to the best of my limited knowledge and abilities.

First, Jay," another white wimp" Crawford attempted to say that BSPN always takes these kind of racial issues head on, yes only when it projects the the poor black athlete that can't get a break. We all know 99.9% of the white RB's coming out of HS can't get recruited to play RB at D-1 college much less get into the NFL; and if they do get drafted, they are asked to play another position as everyone from Todd McGay to every other analyst was projecting Tebow to play. Tebow was being pressured to go to the TE, HB, or the always (white) popular FB position, but he refused and has done a decent job at QB despite insurmountable odds against him.

So, Kordell Stewart is a liar if he says that Tebow was not asked or pressured into trying another position in the NFL.

Secondly, the BSPN analyst Rob Parker said Tim Tebow was one of the first running QB's to be given an opportunity to do what he does best. Another flat out lie. How many of us on CF remember the great Steve Young? Even the black QB; Randall Cunningham had moderate success as a running QB, John Elway ran, Fran Tarkenton, and my personal favorite The Great; Roger,"the dodger"Staubach. I'm sure there are many others and some blacks that did it too, but whites were doing it way before Cunningham and Vick. All of this is "Garbage" as Stephen A. Smiff called Tebow on BSPN live and was never repremanded. Imagine a white man calling a black QB in the NFL "Garbage." He would be fired!

Thirdly, it was stated that Tebow won the position as a result of a popularity contest. Really? The Broncos were 1-4 and going nowhere and Kyle Orton was 4-14 as the Denver starting QB, although not completely Orton's fault, there clearly needed to be a change and Fox did what most NFL coaches would do and gave Tebow his opportunity and he has succeeded despite having few weapons to go to.

Despite what Kordell Stewart and Rob Parker says, there have been plenty of opportunities for the "Running Do His Thang Black black quarterback" to make it in the NFL; from Randall Cunningham, Andre Ware, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smiff, Michael Vick and I'm sure CF members can name more, but none of them have really lived up to the hype despite the white media pushing for their black hero!

Maybe when Kordell takes an honest look, he can't stand the fact that it's actually the "White Running QB" that succeeds in the NFL despite the odds. Tarkenton, Staubach, Young, Elway, Tebow, and on and on!

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I posted about this discussion of this subject weeks ago and I got so tired of hearing that P#$$Y Kordell Stewart whine and cry about the struggle of the black QB it made me sick, so I finally quit watching "Wrong Take" on BSPN!

Like Don said it's very difficult to begin discussing how much crap was in that segment, but I will try to expose BSPN to the best of my limited knowledge and abilities.

First, Jay," another white wimp" Crawford attempted to say that BSPN always takes these kind of racial issues head on, yes only when it projects the the poor black athlete that can't get a break. We all know 99.9% of the white RB's coming out of HS can't get recruited to play RB at D-1 college much less get into the NFL; and if they do get drafted, they are asked to play another position as everyone from Todd McGay to every other analyst was projecting Tebow to play. Tebow was being pressured to go to the TE, HB, or the always (white) popular FB position, but he refused and has done a decent job at QB despite insurmountable odds against him.

So, Kordell Stewart is a liar if he says that Tebow was not asked or pressured into trying another position in the NFL.

Secondly, the BSPN anyalst Rob Parker said Tim Tebow was one of the first running QB's to be given an opportunity to do what he does best. Another flat out lie. How many of us on CF remember the great Steve Young? Even the black QB; Randall Cunningham had moderate success as a running QB, John Elway ran, Fran Tarkenton, and my personal favorite The Great; Roger,"the dodger"Staubach. I'm sure there are many others and some blacks that did it too, but whites were doing it way before Cunningham and Vick. All of this is "Garbage" as Stephen A. Smiff called Tebow on BSPN live and was never repremanded. Imagine a white man calling a black QB in the NFL "Garbage." He would be fired!

Thirdly, it was stated that Tebow won the position as a result of a popularity contest. Really? The Broncos were 1-4 and going nowhere and Kyle Orton was 4-14 as the Denver starting QB, although not completely Orton's fault, there clearly needed to be a change and Fox did what most NFL coaches would do and gave Tebow his opportunity and he has succeeded despite having few weapons to go to.

Despite what Kordell Stewart and Rob Parker says, there have been plenty of opportunities for the "Running Do His Thang Black black quarterback" to make it in the NFL; from Randall Cunningham, Andre Ware, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smiff, Michael Vick and I'm sure CF members can name more, but none of them have really lived up to the hype despite the white media pushing for their black hero!

Maybe when Kordell takes an honest look, he can't stand the fact that it's actually the "White Running QB" that succeeds in the NFL despite the odds. Tarkenton, Staubach, Young, Elway, Tebow, and on and on!
Great analysis Carolina Speed! I wish one of the White caste flunkies who have said to Kordell "Hey you got to start 96 games to show if you had it or not. Tebow has a dozen or so games under his belt. He was instramental in those victories. The broncos won their division. Tebow was electric in beating the NFL best rush defense last week in the playoff. Why all the hate and bile?"

Tom Iron

Mentor
Leonardfan,

I remember taking an African American history class in college and the differing views Booker T. Washington and WEB DuBois took on the role/perception of blacks in America. Washington offered a more pragmatic approach - assimilating into society through good morals and work ethic just like every other ethnic group in America had done since its inception. WEB DuBois bascially paved the way for the complete opposite - being loud, boisterous, not assimilating etc. The black community obviously adopted the DuBois school of thought as can be seen today.

I basically believe that blacks in this country are basically treated the same as spoiled children - they whine and whine until they either get their way or whine until a whole society has pandered to them. This is where as a society we stand now.

Thanks much Leonardfan, You're right on about Booker T. Washington and WEB DuBois. When the blacks took up with Dubois and his type (naacp), they doomed themselves. now they're completely lost in this society and siking further every day.

Are you familiar with his "American Standard" speech? I consider it the most important civil rights speech ever delivered. I use that speech to beat liberals down with. I always send it to the editor of the local rag and ask if he'll print it for "black history" month. Of course, it never sees print. It doesn't matter too much. That rag will never see 2013. It's going under this year. My happiness is tempered though because there are some good people working for the rag. Just not in the newsroom for the most part.

Tom Iron...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan,

Thanks much Leonardfan, You're right on about Booker T. Washington and WEB DuBois. When the blacks took up with Dubois and his type (naacp), they doomed themselves. now they're completely lost in this society and siking further every day.

Are you familiar with his "American Standard" speech? I consider it the most important civil rights speech ever delivered. I use that speech to beat liberals down with. I always send it to the editor of the local rag and ask if he'll print it for "black history" month. Of course, it never sees print. It doesn't matter too much. That rag will never see 2013. It's going under this year. My happiness is tempered though because there are some good people working for the rag. Just not in the newsroom for the most part.

Tom Iron...

Tom, would you be referring to the Asbury Park Press?

Tom Iron

Mentor
whiteathlete33,

Yes, of course, the APP. What a piece of journalistic garbage.

Tom Iron...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tom I will have to check out that speech and Booker T. Washington's book you also mentioned. I probably did read them but it was so long ago. I am in the middle of studying for some I.T. certs so once I get these out of my way your recommended reading is at the top of my list.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
A frank an honest discussion of race cannot take place when one side puts forth a litany of ironically-racist whining and the other side holds its tongue in saying what it really thinks, for fear of being called racist itself.

"I'm going to nod my head and pretend I agree with your viewpoint, because it will look like I hate Black people if I tell you what I really think."

This is exactly why Black people may make social inroads vis-a-vis sports, but otherwise as a group will remain in the gutter. Too much head-patting, patronizing by White idiots.

"No, Leroy, DON'T take a look at your life and see how you can improve yourself, your family, and your people. The only reason why you're not a millionaire is because Whitey holds you down."

PUHLEEZE.

L

Lew

To have Kordell Stewart of all people so bitter is very revealing of the black psyche. There has never been a quarterback as coddled and pandered to, and given so much opportunity to succeed in spite of the overwhelming evidence that he wasn't cut out for the position, as Kordell Stewart. Watching him play was both painful and comical at the same time. He had good games now and then but mostly was a lot closer in skill level to LSU's QB the other night than Peyton Manning.

White quarterbacks are almost always on a short leash if they don't produce right away. Yes, there are the rare exceptions like Alex Smith, who was a first overall draft pick, but more common are examples like Tim Tebow, who if he hadn't won right away would have been demoted with likely no chance at starting again for any team. But Stewart was given seven seasons because he was deemed to be the prototype of the "new" "athletic" quarterback that was going to take the NFL by storm in the 21st century.

And now Kordell has been given something else he doesn't deserve -- a high-paying network job thanks again to affirmative action. And instead of having humility and gratitude we saw the real Kordell -- angry, bitter, blaming "racism" for his failures as a quarterback. He needs to watch some of Rev. Manning's sermons.

It shows how shameless they are and how distorted their perceptions of themselves are. Not just ghetto blacks either. For those who've been keeping up with the election, Herman Cain anyone ? Just weeks after commiting one of the biggest blunders or gaffs in recent memory by being totally clueless about what happened in Libya, he was asked by a reporter what role he'd wish to play in a future Republican president's cabinet, and his reply; Secretary of Defense :crazy:

Tom Iron

Mentor
Leonardfan, Here's the most important paragraph of Booker T. Washington's speech.

If my life in the past has meant anything in the lifting up of
my people and the bringing about of better relations between
your race and mine. I assure you from this day it will mean
doubly more. In the economy of God, there is but one standard
by which an individual can succeed - there is but one for a race.
This country demands that every race measure itself by the
American standard. By it a race must rise or fall, succeed or
fail, and in the last analysis mere sentiment counts for little.
During the next half century and more, my race must continue
passing through the severe American crucible. We are to be
tested in our patience, our forbearance, our perseverance, our
power to endure wrong, to withstand temptations, to economize ,
to acquire and use skill ; our ability to compete, to succeed in
commerce, to disregard the superficial for the real, the appearance
for the substance, to be great and yet small, learned and yet simple,
high and yet the servant of all. This, this is the passport to
all that is best in the life of our Republic, and the Negro must
possess it, or be debarred.

That's the meat and potatoes of the speech. Washington understood completely that his people had moved from being slaves and had become immigrants. That America was/is based on standards and their is no way around those standards. I think the "jury" has rendered their decision on blacks. They are to be be "debarred," but it is they who chose that verdict through their actions. They're done.

Tom Iron...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks Tom...

It is safe to say that the majority did not heed to his advice unfortunately. If they had this country would be a whole lot different.