Things looking good at QB

referendum

Mentor
Amidst the usual anti-white moves at running back (witness the cutting of Woodhead, the fullbackification of Hester and Hillis) and wide receiver (the failure of any team to sign Jones, the cutting of Hass etc.), the usual purges of white defensive players, the QB situation is very positive.
Consider, only five starting black QB's, Mcnabb, Leftwich, Garrard, Russell and Campbell, and of the five, three (Garrard, Campbell and Russell) are under some form of pressure. In Russell's case at least from what I hear on local talk shows, the doubters are beginning to emerge as to his capabilities, even some hosts are talking about his "thrower, not a passer" proclivities. In a perfect world there would be a more solid backup than Gradkowski waiting in the wings.
I believe its only a matter of time until Garrard is out of there, either with the Jags drafting a replacement or Mccown taking over this year, and Campbell's inept performances are at least getting some notice.
Mcnabb is a legitimate starter I believe, but he is constantly getting injured so he is really only a partial starter. Only in Tampa Bay is the black stranglehold on the QB position solid with Leftwich and Freeman.
Next, consider the waves of white QB's coming out of college, from Sanchez and Stafford, Flacco and Ryan, to next years Mccoy, Tebow, Leflour and Bradford.
The next battlefield is to get more white backup QB's as well, so the Charlie Batchs and Seneca Wallaces and Tavaris Jacksons of the NFL don't inherit starting jobs due to injuries and not merit.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
McNabb is getting to the end of his career. Russell is one of the worst quarterbacks ever. He may turn out to be an even bigger bust than Akili Smith. I remember the media telling us in the late 90's when Culpepper, McNabb, and Smith were drafted that there would be more blacks at qb. It hasn't happened and all the black qb's are getting worse and worse.

We also some great future NFL quarterbacks in Jake Locker and Tim Tebow. I sure hope these guys don't get switched to another position in the NFL. I always wished guys like Eric Crouch and Scott Frost didn't get switched to receiver and safety. They would be like Michael Vick with accuracy.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That idiot Russell is the worst QBs in history. I remember reading on this site that Cris Carter
smiley8.gif
called Russel the most talented QB in Raiders history.

Campbell also has no business even being a backup. But I guess he fits in real well with the coal black Redskins.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Leftwich was finished as a starter and is just a temporary caretaker until Tampa wants to start their first round draft pick Freeman. Given all the other failures except for the injury-prone and often erratic McNabb, Freeman will carry the "black man's burden" at QB once he starts and he is the usual suspect as described by the media -- he allegedly possesses amazing amounts of talent and athleticism but is still very "raw" and is a "project." Raw projects often turn out to be busts.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I believe someone mentioned the number of black quarterbacks in the NFL is 20 percent. That means that blacks are still overrepresented at qb since they make up only 12 percent of the population. They are overrepresented at every position except kickers.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Never fear though, Black QB's are truly a commodity in the NFL, even more than old washed up black receivers. No matter their failures, they will always find a way to get these guys on the field if at all possible. Even black QB's with very little in the way of ideal NFL talent tend to stick around long after similar Whites have vanished from the league in a couple of seasons. Case in point this season Andre Woodson. Can you think of a White QB who fell so far in his senior season of college and who showed so little in two preseasons but still has a job in the NFL? Marginal black QB's tend to be passed around forever and ones with some talent are almost always given more than one chance with one team to be true starters and are always potentially developing. Even colossal failures like Vince Young and Mike Vick are still touted as having the potential to develop. I have been listening to a lot of sports talk radio the past couple of weeks as I have spent a lot of time on the road, and there are already talks in some circles whether Vince Young should be back starting since the Titans are 0-2. The same with Michael Vick. I have heard more than once caste jocks say that the Eagles need to find out if Michael Vick is their QB of the future. Excuse me? QB of the Future? Michael Vick has been in the league since 2001 and is 29 years old. If he hasn't developed by now as a starter, he is isn't going to do it. As Jamarcus Russell falls, most likely also David Garrard and perhaps Jason Campbell, Josh Freeman, perhaps Vince Young part 2, and maybe even Andre Woodson might pop up in their place. Down the road a few years we might even see Jamarcus Russell still trying to develop for some team, just like Daunte Culpepper was in Miami. That is the way the caste system works with black QB's. White QB's who struggle in their first jobs at starter generally have to settle for a life of being backups and might get a shot to be journeyman "caretakers" for a couple seasons, Ala Kerry Collins or Gus Frerotte. Black QB's are almost always developing, until they develop themselves right out of the league. If Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning had become the colossal busts that the caste media was hoping they would become (I don't think I have ever seen the media go after two young decent QB's as much as those two in the past) would they have jobs as developing QB's? Of course not, they would be labeled as failed starters like David Carr who would have to earn their way as a backups. If Manning had busted in NY and was so mentally fragile that he had been replaced by a career journeyman, would he still be on the Giants roster and have media pundits say he was developing into a possible future starter? Of course he wouldn't. Most likely he would be out of NY, trying to earn a spot on a roster as a backup or 3rd stringer. Edited by: Bear Backer

I have posted before that as far back as 1974 it was being predicted that in 10 years over half of NFL QB's would be black.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It will never happen sporthistorian. How many good black quarterbacks have their been over the years. Some decent ones are Steve Mcnair, Mcnabb, and Randall Cunningham. Warren Moon was probably the only black qb ever that can be put in an elite category.